We recently traveled to New York on Choir Tour, we stayed at the Grand Hyatt.
The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet. The location right above Grand Central Station was perfect, just walk downstairs and hop on the subway.
The staff was amazing, except for the Bell Hops.
We arrived as a group, they were pre paid to take our bags up to our room, when the bus arrived out front, not one of them stepped forward to help.
The next morning we hired a van to take us to Costco to shop for snacks for the kids, when we arrived back at the hotel, we stood on the curb for over forty five minutes waiting for someone to help us, apparently the unions do not allow bell hops to move food, so we had to call to the mail room, when one gentleman arrived we were told it would be $10.00 per item to move, did not have too much choice had to pay the money. The entire time we stood on the curb, not one bell hop touched one piece of luggage, far cry from bell hops in San Francisco.
The room attendants were very friendly and always had our room clean by the time we arrived back at our hotel, when ever we would see one of them, they would always ask if we needed anything and if everything was ok.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. I have no problem moving my own luggage, saves me a few bucks! Obviously will not do a Costco run again, it was four and a half miles from our hotel , but took almost an hour to get there Traffic! If you are traveling in a large group, give the kids a debit card or cash each day, all kinds of places to get a quick bite within a block or less of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelPower, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt