We just returned from our 4-night stay at the Grand Hyatt. We had a very quiet room on the 31st floor. Opening the window did let the sounds of NYC in, but with the windows closed, we had no problems with noise at all.
The location is great for public transportation out of Grand Central Station which was connected by a short indoor pedway. The location is also fantastic for access to the airporter buses from EWR or LGA. We found NYC a walking city.....and you can walk to tourist sights like the Empire State Building, Times Square and Rockefellar Center as the streets are all flat with no hills to climb, etc. If you don't want to see what's on the streets, then take the subway. Buy a metro card and up to 4 people can swipe and use the same card on any one trip which was excellent for our family of 4 ($2.50 per person per ride). Taxis are plentiful to flag down and aren't expensive either, relatively speaking. Unfortunately all hotels in Manhattan are expensive but there is value to being close to a subway station.
The hotel staff was very welcoming and helpful. They have special elevators for the upper floors and a huge lobby gathering area! Although coffee (but no tea) is complimentary, you need to call housekeeping daily to have it delivered to your room which was a little inconvenient. Having a safe in the room and the little fridge was nice!
There is a little marketplace off the lobby where you can pick up a quick bite to eat with lots of different options. There is also a market in Grand Central Station where you can pick up all kinds of fresh things from baking to teas to meat, and fruit! Lots of other eating places within a few blocks, too! Although Internet is not free, there is a computer in the lobby where you can checkin for your flights and print boarding passes without charge.
The beds were comfy (so wonderful after being so tired being a tourist) and although the room wasn't over spacious for 4, it was fine. I would choose this hotel again on any future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt