“Met all my needs” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Westport, CT
“Met all my needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel because it is on top of Grand Central. I had a bunch of meetings over two days in New York, so I took MetroNorth in, dropped off my bag with the bellman and took subways and buses everywhere. For someone from CT, the location is really excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the room. It was huge and very clean. All amenities were great. I liked the advance online check-in service and my room was ready early. Separate charge for wifi (approx. $12/day). would definitely return. (PS, I did not get the vouchers others mentioned.)

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,004)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with my stay at the Grand Hyatt. It has been renovated and has a sleek, modern decor. It is a great location right next to Grand Central Station, and plenty of sights, shops, and restaurants around. We got a great deal here, and I would definitely stay here again. The beds were super comfortable after long days of shopping!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure why this hotel is so far down the trip advisor list in NYC. It's the best hotel I've stayed at (I found it better than Waldorf towers but everyone's tastes are different) in the city. Rooms are very large for New York standards, beds extremely comfortable, rooms well decorated and well equipped. Location is excellent. I have already booked this hotel for my next visit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Neil J
Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having read reviews before my trip, I was prepared, and at registration asked if I could make three requests: a high floor, a room far from the elevators, and to be on Park Avenue rather than 42nd Street. The very friendly young man at the desk was able to honor all three requests, the third only because I had reserved a room with two double beds. He even offered a late checkout for the day we were leaving, at no extra charge. He also gave me six vouchers good for coffee, tea, or water, at the little food shop in the lobby. I'm not sure if everyone gets those, or if they are for Hyatt credit card customers. Our room was spacious, and immaculately clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and there was a chaise, a well-padded desk chair, plenty of space in drawers and in the closet, and also a refrigerator large enough for two full size bottles, and several smaller items. We had a great view, but were not bothered at all by noise from traffic, as we were so high up. We never did take the train, but enjoyed exploring Grand Central Station, and walked to Times Square, a nearby restaurant, and a Broadway show, taking cabs for restaurants which were farther away. Every staff member we dealt with or met was friendly and helpful, and the lobby has an exceptionally generous number of chairs, sofas, and padded benches, so when we had one last hour to spend before heading for our bus, we had a comfortable place to take turns minding our bags, as each of us took one last trip to a nearby store or point of interest. I would love to return to this hotel!!

Room Tip: My tips are above: a high floor, far from the elevator, and for quiet, ask for Park Avenue rather t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We are really in love with this place. I have only good words to say. The most friendly, kind and attentive staff I've ever come across. Right from when we stepped into the hotel we were taken care of by Claudine who escorted us to Megan and they were a wonder of service and smiles.
Room (2808) and bathroom was great and felt very fresh. Cleaning was impeccable.
We had breakfast a few mornings and there too the staff was so nice that you couldn't resist sitting there with a smile on your face and feeling good.
The lovely Mayra made sure we got excellent seatings every time we visited. Our table waitress was a joy to meet. Everybody we met just smiled and wanted to make sure we were happy.
We had fresh orange juice, omelets, waffles, smoothies that tasted perfect.
Add to all this that the location was superb.
Front door men were super professional in getting us cabs.
Couldn't have made a better choice for a first time trip to New York.
Will surely come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at the Grand Hyatt New York. Located right above Grand Central Station makes taking the train convenient and easy. Also, should you want to grab a quick bite to eat Grand Central offers a food court with decent fast food options as well as some healthy juice & salad options. It's a short walk to Time Square & Rockefeller Center. The rooms are a great size for a NY hotel and the service is exceptional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Although expensive, the Grand Hyatt is a great hotel that comes highly recommended. The room was typical Hyatt in quality which is a good thing. Considering how small some rooms can be in Manhattan I was pleasantly surprised to have so much space in the room. Noise is all but eradicated from the outside by the well insulated windows. Views can vary but unless you're staying nearer Central Park or right on Times Square this is often the case anyway.

Other nice touches like the touch panels for lighting, docking station, additional toiletries and in room iron/board made the stay so much easier and pleasant. The lobby and other facilities in the hotel are nice and if you're looking for something a bit cheaper to eat or drink you can always get the lift into the magnificent Grand Central Terminal and find something on the concourse or nearby shops there. It's New York - there are options everywhere!

A final note to the brilliant gentleman who helped me get my Wrestlemania chair back home in the mail office in the business centre - a friendly and knowledgeable guy that couldn't do enough to help me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo