Claudine at the front desk helped make our 3-generation girls' Easter weekend trip a fabulous one. We switched to the Grand Hyatt at the last minute from a hotel in Chelsea due to its location, and I'm so glad we did. I booked a regular Grand King at a great senior rate (traveling with my mom and teenaged daughter) since doubles were sold out, and Claudine not only checked us in several hours early, she also upgraded us to a larger King Deluxe plus rollaway bed for no extra charge. The bathroom was larger than most (room 2631) with a nice shower and brushed glass door that separated it from the sink so that two people could share the bathroom area nicely. We had plenty of room even with the rollaway (not as comfortable as the plush king bed). Along with our wonderful upgrades, Claudine wanted to make our weekend extra special and sent a chilled bottle of wine to our room the first night and called to be sure our room was OK. The next night after my daughter arrived, she sent up sodas and pretzels along with ANOTHER bottle of complimentary wine. Wow! On top of that, she gave us a stack of coupons, each good for a free bottle of water or coffee in the lobby market/coffee shop, so we enjoyed fresh coffee every morning on the house. The market also had bananas, apples, juice, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, etc. which were quick and easy to purchase for a fast breakfast before heading out for the day.
The location next to/on top of Grand Central was perfect. We used the S (Shuttle) subway to Times Square (about 3 min. ride) to see two shows and didn't even have to go outside the hotel since there is an interior walkway from the hotel to Grand Central. We also walked back from the Empire State Building at 1:30 a.m. (about 8 blocks) and felt perfectly safe. We easily walked to the Public Library then up to Rockefeller Center, and on the last day we ambitiously walked from the hotel all the way up 5th Avenue to Central Park then up the middle of the park and over to Central Park West at 72nd where we caught a B subway back down to the 42nd St./Bryant Park station just a few blocks from the hotel. Super easy!
The large flat screen TV, safe, and mini fridge (for our leftover wine and soda) were nice touches, and our room was relatively quiet other than a few sirens. It was an interior room, so we just had a view of another side of the hotel, but we didn't care. The blackout shades were very effective when we wanted to sleep in. We definitely could hear doors slamming in the morning as other guests were leaving their rooms, but that's the case with most hotels. Express elevators to the higher floors were efficient, and although the lobby was bustling, we thought it added to the excitement of being in the city. The lobby also had a kiosk for flight check-in and boarding pass printing which was handy. For $2 per bag, they stored our luggage after efficiently checking us out so we could spend the day running around without toting our bags.
I would definitely stay here again. We were treated like royalty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt