I stayed at this hotel on President's Day weekend for 3 nights. There was a dance competition taking place so the elevators were a very long wait (10-15 minutes on average) The elevators were crammed with people going up to go down and going down to go up as it just made sense to get on any one that came and go for a ride. The hotel was generally very clean and huge! The entire hotel has a very modern but with a fairly cozy feel. Generally speaking the staff were friendly and nice. Our room was on the 34th floor. It was a "grand club king" which provided us access to the 16th floor grand club lounge with free snacks and drinks (soda/water/coffee/cookies). The room was nice. It was not nearly as big as I imagined it to be. I guess not all rooms are alike which the pictures on their website allude to. There was a decent view of the city. The room had touch sensing buttons to turn the lights on and off which didn’t always work right. (See Pics) You can turn the bathroom lights off accidentally from the bedside on/off switch. That’s one way to freak out the person in the bathroom! The touch buttons bedside also had the option to move the window shade up and down but that was broken. The shade had a minor tear in it not allowing it to remain in the track. It appeared this was broken for some time. Then on our last night the TV was not working properly. At 10PM an electrical engineer was sent up to our room after complaining that the TV would switch to the movie channel every 5 minutes. The engineer Hugo was very professional and solved the problem quickly. Overall the sheets appeared new. The bed was comfortable and the furniture was in very good condition. (See pics).
Note the refrigerator in the room is a tiny little one. Our room had 2 of them on opposite sides of the room tucked inside a dresser and a desk. Where the dresser was next to the closet was a basically unusable space that must have been part of the 350+ sq ft. they advertise online. It had a wall dividing it up so it was useless. (See pics). The bathroom was clean and in good condition. However ladies, there is NOOO counter space. (See pics!). I don't care but my girlfriend sure did. The toilet is also in a very tight small space.
All these what I consider generally to be annoyances and smaller issues overall were taken care of at the check out with a discounted rate after speaking briefly with a manager accidentally as I just happen to mention these issues for the next guest in our room. I think the manager’s name was Sergio (some kind of accent as well)? He was very nice and understood that these issues though smaller in scale were not acceptable for Hyatt. I am a loyal Hyatt customer and have been for a few years. I have been a platinum member for 3 years now.
Keep in mind that not all rooms are the same size or shape as depicted online. It appears not all bathrooms are the same. Some have more counter space as opposed to ZERO in ours. Overall I would stay here again but I would shell out extra money for a junior suite in order to ensure I had a room with plenty of USEABLE space and a bathroom that wasn't so tiny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt