I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in early October 2012. I was on a business trip and highly dependent on my computer to operate in the hotel. When I tried to get connected it would not work; I was connected by the hotel operator to a service in Guatamala City - and was on the phone with a young man for 2 1/2 hours while he tried different things to make it work - explaining in the course of it that the servers in the hotel had a weak signal in some rooms and maybe I should change my room. I finally gave up and went to bed; the next morning I was able to connect by disabling virus protection - a very unsatisfactory resolution that he never even suggested.
Aside from that the room was clean and pleasant - but without good computer service, it is a real problem for a business traveler. I rate the service and facilities as excellent except for this problem - but this problem was really important to me and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelPower, Ctrip TA, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt