26 people are viewing this hotel
$155
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$155
Vio.com
$151
travelup.com$172
Hotels.com$155
Lol.travel$182
12,566 results
All reviews great location new york grand central chrysler building times square bryant park lobby nyc subway concierge midtown jfk starbucks avenue broadway
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt New York just before Hurricane Irene. The hotel was extremely busy with people both coming & going right before the storm. Even with the high volume of guests, every staff member I came in contact with at the hotel was very friendly. Also, the large number of elevators meant that I never had to wait very long for an elevator, even with how busy the hotel was. This was sort of a surprise, since I've experienced far worse wait times at other convention hotels.

I received one of their newly renovated guest rooms. The furnishings were very contemporary and comfortable. The bed was, in fact, extremely comfortable. Everything was very clean as well. In addition, the room had very strong air conditioning. This came in handy since the weather was very humid at the time. The one thing I would complain about is that all Hyatt Hotels still charge $9.99 per night for wifi thru T-Mobile hotspot. I wish mainline Hyatts would follow their corporate brethren at Andaz and make wifi complementary.

The Grand Hyatt is by no means a 5 star hotel. It's very large and seems to cater to large groups & conventions. What you will receive is a solid 4 star hotel that is located directly on top of Grand Central Terminal. The people working there are very nice & the rooms are new. I have no hesitation recommending the Grand Hyatt to anyone. The hotel will be even better when construction is completed in the lobby & the restaurants.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Justin B
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Grand Central New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear JHBingham,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your kind and candid comments. We are pleased to hear that you received excellent service from our friendly staff. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. It is always a pleasure to get positive feedback of our extensive renovation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2011

My partner and I stayed here in May 2011. First trip to New York. Could not have picked a better hotel for location. In between the Chrysler Building and Grand Central Station, everything was within walking distance if you decide to do so. Hotel was coming towards the end of renovations, but this did not impact upon us at all. We had a fantastic renovated room on the 23rd floor overlooking the front of the building. Room was amazing. Great decor, most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and great shower room. Everything was spotlessly clean. Hotel staff were always very helpful from front desk to concierge (who recommended a fantastic Italian restaurant named Becco) and bell boys. Drinks were a little expensive, but you would expect this in a central Manhatten hotel. Overall had an amazing stay in New York and found the Grand Hyatt to be a perfect base and would definitely recommend this to everyone and would definitely stay again on our next trip.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear NOTTSCO_9,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Grand Hyatt New York for your first trip to New York. I'm glad to see that you both had a lovely time together! Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you all back into the hotel.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Grand Hyatt is a very good hotel, perfectly located in the heart of Manhattan, which offers comfortable rooms, reasonable rates and typical standard of a four star, chain hotel in this city. My biggest complain is that it feels a little bit like a factory - it is huge, with many floors and hundreds of rooms and people. Still the service remains fairly personal and efficient. Rooms are comfortable, clean and well-equipped. There is no issue whatsoever with the noise from the streets even though it is just next to the Grand Central station. Serves its role as a perfect base for exploring the city. Although, recommended for business rather than tourism!

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LW23
A Tripadvisor Member
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I initially chose this property because I was recovering from some knee trouble and wanted to be close to Grand Central to avoid a lot of walking to and from trains and subways. I had heard that the Hyatt was undergoing renovation and was really a bit leery about what we would get, but I was so pleasantly surprised. We arrived at 11:40 AM and were allowed to check in right away, despite the official check-in time being 4:00 PM. We were given a renovated room on the 28th floor and wow - what a nice, comfortable room! Fluffy beds, very cool touch light controls, powerful air conditioning (which was very appreciated in August), a fridge for our own use, a nice TV, iPod dock (which my daughter really enjoyed), sitting area, modernized bathroom... overall a very nice room. We heard no construction noise whatsoever. The attached cafe area sold cookies, sodas, sandwiches, coffee, etc for reasonable prices. We did not try out the hotel restaurants but everything looked very nice. The lobby was not yet finished when we stayed but we are looking forward to staying again near Christmas, when the attachment to Grand Central will be even MORE appreciated as it will keep us out of the cold!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank A Tripadvisor Member
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Grand Central New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear MMG1959,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt New York. We are thrilled you enjoyed your accommodations, including all of the guest room amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back near the holidays!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Wantedf to upgrade breakfast but was not allowed and I had the Hyatt gold passport, porters tried to get me a taxi for an exorbitant price, and the room with a view was not what I expected. Renovations are going on nut should be finished soon and did not disturb me greatly as we spent most of the day out, INCLUDING HAVING BREAKFAST!! but we had a refurbished room which was quite and clean and spacious for New York standards. Excellent location. Gift shop not worth it and they said they were closind down (quite a New York scam it seems) Carpet on 29th floor needs claening or changing or something.. Not too bad but not one of the best hotels I have stayed in, and we have used quite a number of hotels.

• Trip type: Traveled with family