This was our first stay at The Blakely. I chose this hotel because of the great location - near CP, restaurants and walking distance to TS and the subway.
Pros - location. We are at Remi and Quality Meats two evenings and loved that they were a short walk away. We spent time in CP and liked that we were so close - spent the day at the Columbus Day parade and were able to stop back at the hotel as needed.
Space. My daughter and I slept in two beds in the bedroom while my son slept on the daubed. He is 5'8" and was quite comfortable. There was ample closet space. The room was quite clean overall.
Cons. Bathroom. The lighting was awful - I really had no clue how my makeup looked. There was no storage space in the bathroom for toiletries. The tub was old and my daughter, who loves baths, wouldn't even consider it.
Noise. I requested a higher floor but found upon check-in the rooms with two double beds and sitting room are all lower floors. They did offer to move us the second day to a higher floor with one king but I decided against that....in retrospect, I wish we had moved - the kids slept great but I did not.
Breakfast - no fruit when we arrived, granted it was 10:00 and breakfast ends at 10:30...selections included bagels, bread and muffins. They also had some cold creal and yogurt. Not impressed, but it was "free"...
Overall - if we had a higher floor and I could sit in front of the window to do my makeup I would stay here again. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Oh - arranged for a car service from LGA to the hotel - was supposed to be $99 (?) all- inclusive...the driver charged me $122...not the hotels responsibility but left me with a bad taste. The car they had to take us back to the airport was $49 all-inclusive and was great - I have an extra $10 tip for good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4-Diamond Property, continuously voted as one of the top independent hotels by US News & World Report - 2014 - 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelPower, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel