“Friendly service and fantastic location”

The Blakely New York
Ranked #134 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 17, 2013

From the moment my family and I arrived at The Blakley, we were given phenomenal service. I booked my room through the vacationist and was able to secure a fantastic room at a amazing price. We had a suite that fit our family perfect. The rooms were spacious, plus there was a kitchenette with a microwave. We were able to eat takeout one night since the children were tired from a long day. You really can't beat the location. It is within walking distance to central park, time square, and Rockefeller center. And the subway is across the street. I recommend eating breakfast at fluffys around the corner. It is a perfect, quick NY breakfast and there food is delicious.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I spent six nights at The Blakely in June 2013. We'd travelled from Brisbane, Australia for a week of sightseeing, dining, shopping and absorbing New York City. We found The Blakely to be ideally situated, our suite spacious and quiet, the breakfast exactly what was needed and the staff efficient and friendly. Big thanks to concierge Alex who pointed us in the right direction to a perfect rooftop bar for that first-night in NYC cocktail. We'd be back in a heartbeat ... if only New York wasn't so far away

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Blakely as a birthday gift from my in-laws and it was an absolutely charming stay. The Blakely in perfectly located in the center of the city close to all the best museums and attractions, has quaint, comfortable rooms and has a great staff. The hotel also has free wifi and a great continental breakfast, which is more than most of the hotels in New York offer. There is a subway stock only one block away from the hotel, so getting anywhere around the city is a breeze.

I would gladly return to the Blakely my next time in the city and recommend it to anyone too!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Thanks to the staff @ The Blakely New York !! My wife and I were very pleased with our experience at this hotel. Our stay was pleasant and comfortable. The hotel locale was perfect, close to shopping, restaurants, and theater(s). Our suite was very well appointed, bed was extremely comfortable and the decor was stylish. I would refer anyone to this lovely hotel !!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take a city break to New York back in February over Valentine's Day. We chose The Blakely because the location seemed ideal and very reasonably priced.

Upon arrival, everything was as expected - very friendly staff, lovely clean rooms and the location truly is superb for whatever you want to do in New York.

Our room was very big with a king size bed. What's great is that it also contained a little kitchenette with microwave, which is ideal if you want a trip on the cheap.

Breakfast was continental with a good selection, but the restaurant staff were a real let-down. They remind me of human robots you see in Doctor Who. Don't expect service with a smile, but they certainly will expect a tip.

Other than that, the perfect hotel!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are the best. We were on the second floor, but this was still below ground on the sout...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Full disclaimer, we got a deal from a travel site for this stay which made it a steal as far as value is concerned. That said, this hotel was a great find. It is small, as in not many rooms, but the rooms themselves are large by New York City standards. The location is actually quiet despite being equidistant from both Times Square and Central Park. This location is key in my opinion as it balances the pro's and con's of being in the city quite well. The included breakfast and wifi are nice since many places nickel and dime guests for such amenities. The discounted parking next door was also quite convenient and reasonable by NYC standards.

From the time I made the reservation on through our stay, the staff was very attentive and courteous. The bellman was able to give us a great suggestion for a nearby late night place to eat after arriving late, housekeeping took care of things without us having to ask for anything and the front desk was efficient and friendly.

We found the room to be well appointed as was the bathroom. The wet bar with refrigerator and plenty of closet space was also appreciated. The only minor gripe is that the sheets were not that great.

Room Tip: Common sense for city hotels applies: the higher the room, the quieter it will be.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from our first trip to NYC. LOVED the location of this hotel - a couple blocks south of Central Park and walking distance to Times Square and most other attractions.

Our room was very spacious, comfortable bed, great view. We were on the 14th floor. We had almost no street noise in our room.

Staff was extremely helpful and answered all of our "touristy" questions and gave great advice/directions.

Bed was comfortable, room was always clean. Staff was prompt to replace my feather pillows (allergies) even though it was almost mid-night.

Skip the "free" continental breakfast. We were very put-off by the slip of paper recommending a $2/person tip for the staff. The fresh fruit was the highlight of the sparse offerings. Mostly carbs, no meat, 3 bland cereal choices, muffins were not good. Go across the street to Au Bon Pain and get a reasonable, filling breakfast instead.

Would definitely recommend!