11,340 results
All reviews signature room rum house times square rum bar great location new york art deco renovated room room key an older hotel the theater district coffee machine big apple street noise small room central park floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were extremely pleased by our recent stay at Hotel Edison. We used to stay at this hotel in the past but since our last visit, major renovations took place. Two new restaurants are now opened and there is also updating of the rooms. However the most noticeable improvement concerns Guest Relations. Mr. Rommel Gopez and his team (Christine Linh and De’Marcus Woods) go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. While we were there, on a Friday night, there was a wine and snack for guests of the Hotel. We noticed that the staff is truly oriented towards customer’s satisfaction. We will certainly be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
TheEdison, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 2015Mash,
Thank you sooo much for your kind words! It means so much to our team and Edison family, that we were able to make your stay so much more enjoyable while you were in our care. Bond 45 and Freidman's Cafe are very popular among guests, and we are working hard to improve the renovation of our rooms. Thank you so much, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Edison is history in itself. This was my first visit. I am a traveler by trade. Stayed with the Plaza, Pierre. The difference is the staffs energy and realness. From the time I checked in. I was greeted by Cynthia showing me to the check in line. What a classy women. She was friendly and warm. As I was waiting on line Danny who is in charge of security introduced himself keeping company while I reached the front desk. He gave me the entire history about the Edison. We talked about how the Edison hotel relates with Thomas Edison. I am such a big God father movie fanatic and Danny showed me the locations of the Worlds greatest movie scene that took place in the hotel. That's what so special about the Edison. Not just the rooms being so comfortable and clean. It's the staff that makes the hotel. All hotel should be so lucky having a Danny OBrien. Definitely made the Edison my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank rbratton97

Dear rbratton97,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We greatly appreciate this as well as your recognition of our warm & friendly staff members! I will definitely pass on your kind words to both Cynthia and Danny:) We are extremely happy to hear that you had such an lovely time at our Edison home, and we hope you'll come back and visit us soon!

-Christine

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was a little cramped. We asked for extra pillow and the housekeeping obliged. We had to bring our own luggage because the bellman was not enthusiastic enough to offer help. The doorman was kind enough to hail us a cab.

Stayed: October 2018

Dear Carolina G,
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate learning of your experience. We're happy that our doormen were able to assist you, and we apologize for any way in which you may have felt uncomfortable during your time under our care. We welcome to you back for a better experience when you're in the City.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here last week with my partner as a holiday for our 40th birthdays. The location of the hotel is excellent with everything you could ask for a stones throw away as you literally walk to the top of the street and you are right on Times Square. The room was so disappointing and was very old fashioned but to be fair it was clean spacious and comfortable and met our needs as we didnt spend much time in the room anyway. We were allocated a room on the 15th floor (1505) and straight away we went va k down to reception asking if we could be moved to a more modern room. We were told there wasn’t many other room options available but were given a key to look at another room which was available but on viewing this it appeared to be much the same to to save moving all our bags we decided to stay in the original room. Like I said it was clean etc and was acceptable but was just disappointing as it was nothing like the rooms advertised on the pictures on Booking.com. We bumped into some other girls whilst checking in and they said they’d had much the same problem and had been moved to another floor which was much nicer so I guess we were just out of luck. Had the rooms not been so over priced at £200 per night I’d not have been so bothered but it seemed very steep to pay £200 per night for something that was only just what I’d class as 3 star on a good day!

Another tip for anyone staying here is I’d avoid breakfast in the hotel and go to Bond 45 which is adjoining this hotel on 46th street side as they do a breakfast buffet which is lovely but a bit expensive but has much more choice than the hotel itself. Be sure to tell Bond 45 that you are staying in the Edison as they give you money off. We only found out this info by accident though as the hotel reception didn’t think to mention this when we checked in. Despite this hotel being disappointing thankfully our overall stay in NYC was excellent and we had the best fun seeing all the sights and being as central as we were here really helped us getting round. We booked a open top bus tour for use throughout our stay if 3 days for £75 each and was the best bargain we got during our trip. Top view bus tours have a bus stop right outside hotel on 46th street side and you won’t struggle to find their reps to assist you with this on arrival as they’re everywhere!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank laurafN5608AY

Dear laurafN5608AY,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate this for we strive to provide great customer satisfaction and experience while in our care. I just want to wish you and your partner a big happy 40th birthday again!! We are very pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the cleanliness and comfortableness of our rooms. However, we do apologize for the dated room that you were assigned in. Considering that we are a very historic hotels, some of our rooms are categorized as Classic rooms, which aren't refurbished, and Signature rooms, which are the newly renovated rooms. I hope you will have the opportunity to reserve and give our Signature room a try the next time you are here, and I am sure that you would greatly enjoy all the new amenities and decor in those rooms. Furthermore, we are happy to hear that you really enjoyed Bond 45! They do serve excellent breakfast there! Bond 45 and Friedman's Cafe are the two restaurants that are connected to our hotel to provide great convenience for our guests - both of them do offer discounts if you are our guests:). Thank you so much for choosing to stay with the Edison family, and we always welcome you and your family & friends back here anytime!

-Christine

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the Edison with family members for 2 nights in September in a family room. For four adults, it would be better to have 2 adjoining rooms so you don't have to share a small bathroom between 4 people. The room was newly refurbished with new carpets and wall covering, the furniture was old. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave. However, there are no cups, glasses, crockery or cutlery to actually use to make a hot drink or cook any food on. I was pretty appalled to find that there were only 2 plastic glasses and 2 paper coffee cups for 4 people. No milk provided, either. There was no room to put any ammenities in the bathroom - no shelf or vanity cupboard. The room faced 46th street and you know you are near Times Square when the bright lights are flashing in your window - you actually have to use the room darkening shade unless you wanted the strobe effect in the room. We were on the 8th floor. Our room wasn't ready for check in at 3:30 and they gave us another room and we know that because someone delivered a bag of children's gifts to the room the next day. We brought them to the front desk but the person didn't really seem to care one way or another that they were sent to the wrong room. Everyone says how safe they feel because you have to flash your room key to security but you could basically be showing them anything. There were plenty of elevators in use. If you are looking for a personal and super friendly experience, look elsewhere. Oh, and, since we couldn't check in early, we had to pay $1 for each bag they had to hold for a couple of hours. Seriously? Wasn't the worst hotel ever but not the best, either.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Lorie R,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to give us feedback on your experience. It's really important to us that we put our best foot forward to provide a comfortable and welcoming experience for each of our guests. You clearly didn't experience that, and we sincerely apologize for that. We believe we provide a better experience on your next stay, and we'd love to the opportunity to do so. You're welcomed to stay with us again, if you're ever in the area. Our doors are always open to you. Thanks again for the feedback, and have a wonderful day.