Tip---Tuesdays and Friday around 5PM they have complimentary wine and cheese with live Jazz in the lobby and it's a nice touch. Tip---the gift shop in the lobby has a minimum of $5 purchase on a credit card so if you only want a bottle of water or candy bar ($1.50) you're out of luck.
The rooms are fairly stark and very small, but that's to be expected in NY. The rooms and rest of the hotel are clean (but things are old) and I'm a germaphobe and it passed my inspection. Comfortable bed with no sag. Very friendly staff and the service was exceptional. Housekeeping could not have been nicer. The location is fantastic because it's convenient to Broadway shows, Times Square, etc and feels very safe all around the surrounding area because there are lots of lights, businesses that are open late, and people. The style of the Edison is art deco, and they have some great murals in the lobby. Only constructive feedback for the staff would be to have the security personal at the elevators checking for your key (to make sure you're a hotel guest) smile when they ask for it and not make you feel like a criminal or that they're perturbed they had to ask to see it. A nice smile and nod would go along way:)
Side notes--- I'm not a huge fan of Franky Valli music but Jersey Boys is so well done and so well presented as a fascinating story that I absolutely loved it. Did the open bus Grayline tour and it was really cool, however they "very highly" recommended John's Pizza as the best in NY and my party as well as those around us thought it was awful. One person commented that it tasted like leftover Little Caesar's pizza and I said that that's an insult to Little Caesar…and I can't stand Litle Caesar pizza…so that should tell you how bad it tasted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1931, Hotel Edison is an architectural art deco masterpiece with a rich history dating back from the moment famed American inventor, Thomas Edison turned on the light at the grand opening of the hotel to playing host to countless notables, to movie and television appearances. Hotel Edison is conveniently situated in the heart of New York City's iconic Times Square, amidst the energy and excitement of the latest in Broadway Theatres, nightlife, fine dining and shopping. The hotel is within steps of Midtown Manhattan's premier business and leisure destinations - Time Warner Center, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and world renown Fifth Avenue Shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Edison Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel