11,443 results
All reviews signature room times square rum house great location new york rum bar room key art deco renovated room an older hotel the theater district coffee machine big apple around the corner street noise rooms are small central park
Reviewed April 23, 2014

If it wouldn´t be for the location I would have only given ++. Edison is an old worn down hotel that needs refurbishing quite badly. It´s generaly dirty, the carpet and the armchair has probably seen everything long time ago. Though the beds vere clean and the bathroom resonably clean. The cleaning lady did all she could. It was impossible to adjust the temperature in the shower. Either it was freezing cold or extreamly hot. You couldn´t adjust the temperature in the room. But there was a new flat screen. The staff at the desk was ok. Not too friendly but ok. i don´t know where they have taken the pics on the web site but they have nothing in common with the reality.
Edison is definitely not worh the money. You get a better hotel for the same amount. I wouldn´t stay there again and I wouldn´t recommend it to someone. But as I said the location is great.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank goldmann
Hotel E, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear goldmann

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay and thank you for your review of our hotel. We apologize for any concerns you may have had regarding your visit, and will certainly submit your comments to management. Our goal is to ensure your comfort, and we are sorry this was not the case. We truly are sorry you have left with a negative impression of the hotel and do hope that you will give us a second chance.

Kind Regards,
Guest Relations

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Overall it´s a ok hotel. I had a big problem with the mattress being soooo soft. Asked to change rooms 3 times to finally get it done. This was really the only downside of my staying. They have a shuttle service (paid) that is very convenient. Lower rooms may be kind of noisy, because it´s close to one theater and, when some famous actor is leaving (in my case was Denzel Washington) a little crowd was screaming a lot. May bother you, I found it unusual but ok. It´s part of the game. Get your tips ready though, they seem very underpaid over there and really counting on you to make the ends meet. If the price is right, I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BrunoC286
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Staff are very helpful and willing to help however the day before we checked out I asked if reception could call a shuttle service to get to Newark airport and I was told to use my mobile (I am from the UK so this was not an option) when I explained my situation I was told to find a payphone. We then asked the door man to help us and he offered to organize us transport for $85. The taxi took us to Newark airport, on arrival at the airport the taxi driver demanded $117, we where then trapped with an angry taxi driver. After having to pay the taxi driver the large sum of $117 we were left with no money in the airport. The rooms were average however not worth £100 a night each, the TV turned on randomly throughout the night, due to the strange air conditioning unit the window was half open with duck tape around it which made the nights restless. The hotel is in need a serious update and modernization. However I did not let this put a downer on my trip.

Room tip: Have a signature room and organize own transfer service.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights over Easter. I felt like the hotel was trying to gouge as much money out of me as possible - ridiculous wifi fees, business center we had to pay for to print out a train ticket. Our room was small and outdated, the heater made a god awful noise. The bathroom was the original from whenever the hotel was built, sink cracked, very tiny. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clark S
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is my third time staying at this hotel. We were there April 2014 during spring break. It is two doors down from Times Square and steps away from some of the theaters. The room was spacious, even though the bathroom was rather small. Only problem was the fact there was a pipe in the bathroom that was extremely hot. We had to turn the air conditioning on in the bedroom to keep the bathroom bearable. The staff as a whole was friendly. Anita, one of the concierges, was extremely helpful in arranging for tickets to shows.

Room tip: Rooms in the middle away from Times Square are not as noisy.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends