My partner and I were visting New York for our 30th birthdays. We choose the Edison hotel as it was in Times Square (literally less then a minutes walk) and was very reasonably priced compared to other hotels, especially considering the location.
We were abit dubious of the hotel based on some of the other reviews we had read on here before our arrival, but wasn't worried too much, as the hotel would be just somewhere to sleep and shower. (Who goes to New York to stay in there hotel room really?!?!) within 5/10 minutes of being in the hotel we knew our stay here was going to be fantastic and we were not disappointed.
Upon check in, our room was upgraded free of charge from a double room to a king size room as the member of staff noticed from our passports we were both celebrating our 30th birthdays and this was the reason for our visit, which was a lovely surprise and gesture.
The room was huge, and clean with a walk in wardrobe, which had plenty of room to store cases. The decor was lovely and the bed was very comfy, just what was needed at the end of a busy day walking and shopping! The bathroom wasn't the biggest but it served its purpose and we did not have any issues with water pressure as mentioned in other reviews.
The room was also cleaned daily with a change of towels. The only thing the room didn't have that would of been helpful was a safe but there are some located in reception so this wasn't to much bother, just meant having to go down and sign every time you wanted to access it.
The hotel as a whole is very beautiful and clean, and the security is excellent. Always someone standing by the lifts ensuring you have key cards before entering, which is very reassuring.
The staff were also lovely and very helpful.
We loved every minute of our stay here and would recommend the Edison to anyone planning on visiting New York. I definitely wouldn't consider staying anywhere else if we were to visit New York again (Currently trying to twist my boyfriends arm!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1931, Hotel Edison is an architectural art deco masterpiece with a rich history dating back from the moment famed American inventor, Thomas Edison turned on the light at the grand opening of the hotel to playing host to countless notables, to movie and television appearances. Hotel Edison is conveniently situated in the heart of New York City's iconic Times Square, amidst the energy and excitement of the latest in Broadway Theatres, nightlife, fine dining and shopping. The hotel is within steps of Midtown Manhattan's premier business and leisure destinations - Time Warner Center, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and world renown Fifth Avenue Shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Agoda, getaroom.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Edison Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel