Hotel Edison Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$689
$617
  • Pool
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
10,435 results
All reviewssignature roomrum housetimes squarerum bargreat locationnew yorkart decorenovated roomroom keyan older hotelthe theater districtcoffee machinebig applesmall roomstreet noisecentral parkfloor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at the Edison Hotel for one night after returning from an overseas trip. I was tired and did not have high expectations for the hotel - most NY hotels seem to have tiny rooms and just feel old. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Edison (which, as others have noted, has a good location right off Times Square). The lobby is large with a lovely seating area. There is a small shop where you can buy a paper, toiletries, or souvenirs. They have a security guard checking room cards 24 hours a day and a concierge to help find tickets to plays, etc. Check in was fast, the receptionist was friendly and helpful and I was soon in a lovely, spotless, large room on the 19th floor. It had plenty of room for the 2 queen-size beds, flat-screen tv, desk, table, and comfy chairs. The bathroom looked newly renovated. The room came with all the usual "extras": shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, robes, and a safe. In my room the heavy curtains didn't close, only the sheers did; I'm not sure if this is true in all the rooms. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. In the morning I ate at the cafe you can access through the hotel lobby - the food wasn't fancy but it was good, the service was fast, and it was remarkably low-priced. I left before the noon check-out deadline. All in all, a pleasant hotel stay. The next time I go to New York, I will probably stay at the Edison.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter; New York has become very noisy these days.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelations M, Gloria Pierrot, Manager at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Jean_Washington_DC,
It gives us great pleasure when guests have had a wonderful experience and even taken the time to write about it. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that our Signature room met with your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at The Edison Hotel for two nights, as most people have indicated, the hotel is in a great location for access to the Theater District, Times Square , Central Park, Penn Station and more. Check in was fast and easy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and everything worked fine. By the looks of the room it may have been recently updated. As expected the room was a bit tight for 4 people, but we expected that most hotel rooms in New York would be on the smaller size. The hotel has a number of elevators and we found that it can take some time to get an elevator and many times the elevator cars were full by the time they got to our floor, I think once we waited over 10 minutes to get an elevator car that wasn’t completely full. Not a big deal, but something to consider if you’re running late. TIP: Right next door to the hotel is Danny’s Deli, they have a great selection of food (and serve breakfast) and the prices aren’t unreasonable. After spending all day running around the city we always stopped at Danny’s for cold drinks (and snacks) before heading to our room. While we were at the Hotel the was a lot of street construction work going on near the hotel, which was annoying on the 10th floor so I can’t imagine what the lower floors were like. The road work seemed to stop around midnight and started again early in the AM – other than that we found the room to be very quiet. Note that the hotel does charge to store bags, it’s only 50 cents a bag but that is different from most hotels where storing bags is free. TIP: If you plan to take a carriage ride thru Central Park shop around for the best price, we got a 40 minute ride for $100, most of the Carriage Ride providers wanted $130 or more. I would definitely choose this hotel again when traveling to New York, it’s in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aperio
GuestRelations M, Coordinator at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear aperio,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Edison. We value every guests feedback and commentary as it will help us to attempt to fulfill and improve our commitment; to providing excellent customer service and a superior guest experience. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay amidst the random construction noise by the City of New York, that has been brought to their attention, as well as the State Union Storage fees on baggage. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I visited last year and as other reviews say, the location is great being just off Times Square. On arrival we were given a room which we were disappointed with - very small (we knew being New York however not to expect large rooms!) & dated. We noticed a leaflet which said we could upgrade for an additional $10 per night (if my memory serves me correctly) so we went to reception & asked for this. Unfortunately the rooms which were allocated to this were all booked but the lady on reception did change our room & it was much better. A much larger bed, better decor, a higher floor so a better view. We were very pleased with this room & could not fault it. The room was clean & comfortable. The lobby has a lovely art deco seating area but the rest of the communal areas are definitely in need of work - chipped paint & old carpets which looked dirty so I was pretty worried before we got to our room as to what it would be like but I need not have worried. The security check your room key before you're allowed to enter the lifts, something I was pleased with & made me feel secure. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant & I thoroughly enjoyed it - good portions, tasty & good value. I would consider staying here again if it has been upgraded as other comments suggest but perhaps not if it hasn't been.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Coordinator at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Sare13,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy the Front Desk Agent was able to upgrade you to a room you were happy with. Much has changed since your visit in August of 2012. We have newly renovated rooms and hallways. The rooms are still clean and comfortable. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Art Deco Seating Area by artist Arnie Charnick. We are glad you appreciated our Security Team, your safety is our #1 priority. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I booked a week in NYC to celebrate our anniversary and do some shopping/site seeing
The Edison Hotel cannot be faulted, the location was perfect we were right in the heart of Times Sq, the service was impeccable, the staff were friendly especially Youssef on the front desk. Our room was great, clean and our bed was huge, the only downside, we didn't have a view, but when you are in NYC you don't need a view, we were out all day and came back late at nite. So if you are looking for a hotel that's clean, friendly and in the heart of the action choose the Edison, we will definitely be back there soon.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank BigGyal
GloriaPierrot, Jason Diaz Guest Coordinator at Hotel Edison Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear BigGyal,

First of all, Congratulations on your Anniversary! It is truly gratifying to read such a positive review. Our staff strives to make our guests feel welcomed as we aim to please and indulge, as much as possible. After all, we are here for YOUR satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for your next anniversary, if not sooner.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Being first time visitors to New York City I did a bit of searching around to find the right place to stay (location, location, location) at the right price! Being from South Africa and the Rand/Dollar exchange being so crushing at the moment, price played a big role in our choice of Hotel. Well, its 10 out of 10 for Edison Hotel. Location = perfect. Price = Perfect. Value for money = Perfect. One thing I will recommend is that you request a "Signature" room when making your reservation, the "Signature" rooms have all undergone refurbishment and are really well equipped and comfortable. The room we stayed in was not very big, it was a "King Signature" but I had been warned not to expect oversized rooms in NYC - but it served it's purpose perfectly - afterall we were not planning on spending much time there...not with the attractions of the Big Apple waiting to be explored! There is a Cafè located in the Hotel Foyer which is ideal for breakfast (cash only) the service is fast and the breakfasts we had there were very good (actually too much food but this seems to be the norm in the USA!) We also enjoyed a breakfast at Juniors (just one street down on 45th, a mere two minute walk from the 46th Street entrance of the Hotel). Unbeatable value and location - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room - "Signature" rooms or suites.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joyce S,

We are so very happy to hear of your "10 our of 10" review of the Hotel Edison. We are thrilled to get such brilliant feedback from our guests. The Signature Rooms are newly Renovated and include WiFi, coffee machines, and in-room safes. They are also located on the highest floors. It's no surprised to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with great anticipation.