When I walked into the lobby, I thought I was transported back to the 1920's due to the stunning art deco design. It was comforting to find that the entire staff I encountered made me and my feel like valued guests. The front desk was thorough, efficient and courteous. The bellmen were equally accommodating and polite. I liked the fact that there was security for the 6 (yes, SIX) elevators, so you had to show your room card key to go upstairs. Our room was small, but that is typical of NYC vintage hotels. It was clean, the bed comfortable and the bathroom sparkled. Noise between room was non-existent, even though the hotel was full.
My only complaint is the shower; while the water flow was good, the temperature swung quite a bit between near-scalding to icy. It did wake you up, though! If not for this, I would rate this hotel as excellent.
We ate at the Cafe Edison one morning for breakfast. It was refreshing to find a cook that actually knows how to make an egg over-medium! Our order was filled quickly and accurately.
The staff was very cordial and chatty.
I would definitely stay here again. The location is excellent, as Times Square is literally only a few steps away and one can enter/exit from both 47th and 46th Streets, a plus when the weather gets a bit nasty.
Since we had a late flight on the last day of our visit, the hotel held our bags for the princely sum of $0.50 each! Retrieving them was quick and easy. The transportation desk made arrangements for transport to the airport (good grief, was that lovely young woman tall!).
All in all, I really liked this hotel. Customer service is obviously THE priority. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1931, Hotel Edison is an architectural art deco masterpiece with a rich history dating back from the moment famed American inventor, Thomas Edison turned on the light at the grand opening of the hotel to playing host to countless notables, to movie and television appearances. Hotel Edison is conveniently situated in the heart of New York City's iconic Times Square, amidst the energy and excitement of the latest in Broadway Theatres, nightlife, fine dining and shopping. The hotel is within steps of Midtown Manhattan's premier business and leisure destinations - Time Warner Center, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and world renown Fifth Avenue Shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Edison Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel