“Great hotel in the middle of everything!”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #94 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Waxahachie, Texas
“Great hotel in the middle of everything!”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We visited the week prior to Christmas and the stay was marvelous. My wife, 7 year old daughter, 17 year old son, and myself had a great time. The hotel was the first we had stayed in that was built in the middle of several brown stones. You walk into the reception area beside the bar and then straight to the elevators. You travel up to your floor and there are no more than seven or eight rooms to a floor which makes it seem as if the hotel was there just for you. We stayed six days and we only saw two other guests the whole time. The bellmen were great and hailed cabs when needed. There were several restraunts in the area and a few were resonably priced. We walked practically everywhere and it was not that bad. Great place nice people.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
Reviewed February 11, 2011

This was a business/personal trip (mostly business, but stayed the weekend on my own), and the St. Giles turned out to be the perfect choice. Murray Hill is great neighborhood and St. Giles is a great location if you need/want to be in/near mid town. I've stayed at the Affinia chain a number of times, but their reservations process/policies are too complicated, and you never know exactly what you are getting. Affinia is a nice chain, definitely, but I was also very, very pleased with the St. Giles. Location - perfect. Staff - over the moon. Very, very nice, low key and accommodating - they responded positively, willingly, happily, efficiently to every request - newspaper, vase, extra towels, etc., etc., etc. I had the corner king - BIG!, decor was nice, tiny bit could be just slightly refreshed, but really just wonderful, comfortable, etc. Maritza in the breakfast room is a so lovely, and all of the front desk staff and bellmen (I wish I remembered their names), daytime and nighttime were very, very friendly, very nice. I appreciated that they were just nice, and low key, not artificial, just plain nice! Definitely staying again next time in NY.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
St Albans
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed at the Tuscany on the 2nd week of January 2011. We were greeted warmly by the staff on the front desk and upgraded to a suite. The suite was huge, a sitting room consisted of a large sofa, chaise lounge and two armchairs with a large desk and internet connection. The bedroom had a walk in wardrobe, with a flat screen TV and a huge and very comfortable bed. Street noise was minimal as we were quite high up, but you could still hear the odd horn toot from the taxi cabs.

The bathroom was of art deco design and felt this was the only room that needed a bit of attention. The bathtub had a few chipped enamel at the bottom and the hot water was a bit tempermental whilst resulted in scalding my wrist.

Location of the hotel is fantastic, about five minutes walk from Grand Central. For breakfast there are a few delis on the way to Times Square, turn right from the hotel, cross the road on Lexington Avenue and there are two breakfast places for that American feel breakfast. Head along down Lexington Avenue and about 20 minutes later you will hit Times Square.

Starbucks is at every corner, there is one on Lexington Avenue, a couple doors away from Blooming Nails, standard price of manicure about 13 dollars. Chase Banks across Starbucks. If you want food and drink after a hard days sightseeing, there is a bar on the corner of the hotel, cant remember what its called, but basically turn left out of the hotel and its about 200 yards. Good food and atmosphere.

Really enjoyed our stay at the Giles Tuscany and wouldnt hesitate to recommend to our friends....will definiately stay there again. Staff were very helpful with guiding you around the city and other information needed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank montydogStAlbans
Mississauga, ON
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We spent six nights at The St. Giles Tuscany, arriving Christmas Eve, departing December 30th. This was our second Christmas at this hotel, staying last year when it was a W branded hotel.

I was a little concerned that the quality of the hotel and service may have changed with the change in ownership, but those worries were soon a thing of the past. In fact, I think things have only gotten better as this year house keeping was much more consistent.

A lot of the staff seems to have transferred with the property as is the case with the amazing doorman and front desk staff we dealt with.

Our various requests were dealt with promptly; we had requested a coffee maker on booking which wasn't in the room on arrival - simply mentioned it on the way out the door and a full service coffee service was in place when we returned later; we requested robes - no problem - even arrived with Christmas garland around the hangers; a lightbulb in the bathroom burned out - replaced when we returned.

We received a lovely box of home made cookies Christmas Day and always sampled the home made treats available at the front desk each evening.

We love the location. Nice and central, easy walk to many attractions, shopping, restaurants and Grand Central Terminal to catch the subway anywhere in the City, but at the same time very quiet for sleeping as it is surrounded by residential and off any main street.

We will definitely be returning on our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBugMississauga
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Spend a night in the city with my wife for an NYC event. We had a wonderful room very clean and room was very comfortable. Staff was great and very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Rivera1110
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2011

i spend a couple of nights there and after a horrible experience at the airport, St Giles Hotel made me feel welcome, the staff were extremely nice , very attentive to my needs, when i got to my room it was so clean and just perfect. they recomended me the right restaurants and even made reservations for me. Even my check-out was smooth. I just want to tell everyone who wants to stay in this hotel that its great, you will find friendly staff that are ready to make your staying a fabulous one.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lismam
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I booked the St.Giles - Tuscany for the weekend of my husbands 40th birthday in which the entire weekend was a set up for a surprise party I planned at the nearby Lucky Strikes Manhattan. Upon checking in from the entry way & the sitting area to the orange infused water and the bubbly bell hop we were impressed. It takes a lot to impress my husband and I as we are both very meticulous about places we visit and stay.
I informed the staff at the front desk that I was having a SURPRISE party for my husband the next day during the afternoon and they were very supportive, interested and GOOD at keeping a secret.
Some friends I had to fly in from Chicago to assist in the surprise stayed next door at the sister hotel St. Giles - Court and everything and everyone there was exceptional as well. I absolutely LOVE the hotel and we will indeed stay there again, we found tons of things to do in the area and more things are just a cab ride away.. Soooo much FUN!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple