“An excellent 5 night stay in June 2014.”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #92 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here from June 9-14 on vacation from UK.
We were originally allocated room 1406.This room was very small with very little storage place for a 5 night stay. However,after speaking to Nakia (hope that is correct spelling) we got allocated Room 1002. This had much more space and was a lovely room.
The hotel was in a great location. It was on a relatively quiet street,but only 5 minutes from subway at Grand Central.
We found Scottys and Blooms good for breakfast. We had a lovely Indian meal at Nirvanas and a drink at Park avenue Tavern. All these places were within 5 minutes of the hotel.
The Reception,Bar and Door staff were all friendly. We had a breakfast at the hotel and it was fine.We also had a couple of "happy hour" drinks at the bar.
We really liked this hotel. Also great location and a good price.
All in all we couldn't fault it and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We thought rooms on 14th floor may be quite small. It may be worth checking if you are allocated one...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BCATAH

996 - 1,002 of 1,875 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was a little hesitant and not crazy about the location but i gave the Tuscany a try. The rooms are really nice. Especially compared to its neighbor/partner hotel The Court(which i would not recommend to anyone). The Tuscany is a good value. Really nice sized rooms for NYC and the price. Nice bathrooms, good showers. I like the decor and the red furniture. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights: The room was very spacious, the room design was simple, elegant and comfortably furnished. The bathroom was not well thought out though.

The location was great, near Grand Central station, great shopping just a short walk around.

The staff here was excellent, very attentive and accommodating.

Value for money was great: $1100 for 4 nights, will definitely consider staying here again next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had such a good experience on our first visit that we chose this hotel again, even though our planned activities were located on the Upper West Side and NJ. This time we spent three nights in a suite on the 16th floor with a view of the Empire State Building.

I had requested a room with a walk-in shower and was told that was only available in a regular suite (not the deluxe suite we had previously). I would be even more specific next time and chose a room with a more spacious bathroom and more counter space, even if I had to climb into the very high spa tub! In every other respect, the hotel exceeds all expectations!

We found our room quiet and comfortable on both visits. Other reviewers remarked that proximity to the lift and the front or back of the hotel were noise issues. We faced north (Chrysler Building view) last time and south this time and I can say that the south side is quieter (no street noise), especially on the high floors. Being next to the lift posed no issue for us, perhaps because of the extremely comfy beds and the "white noise" of the air conditioner.

The spacious rooms, decor and cleanliness of the suites are very impressive. Having a safe in the room is important to us as we do not wish to drag our computer all over town. We asked for a coffee maker and extra towels. The staff is cheerfully responsive to every request!

We brought our car into the city this time. On our last trip we parked in Connecticut and took the train into Grand Central Station. Either plan works. We were extremely pleased with the valet parking service which was so prompt and gracious.

All staff members were terrific and I want to give special mention to Shane and Dennis at the front desk, David who took our bags, Sharif who helped us with our air conditioner, and Orlando who helped us to the car as we left. The bar staff was equally wonderful, even when there was a very large crowd.

We will definitely stay here again in this welcoming and extremely comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, request a south facing room on a high floor, away from the lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VermontTravelMom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The location was great, with restaurants galore within close proximity. Many of the tourist sites are within easy walking distance (Empire State bldg., Grand Central Station, Rockerfeller Plaza, etc). The rooms are big and the bed was super comfy with a crisp white duvet cover on the comforter. The bathroom however was rather small but the shower was a nice good-sized walk-in shower with slate tile so was not slippery like some showers are. The staff was accommodating especially when we checked in and noted that my husband needed a shower with no tub.
A couple drawbacks were a lack of a in-room coffee maker. While they had coffee you could buy downstairs at Audrey's it was inconvenient to have get dressed to go down and carry up two coffees. Another problem was with the internet and I suspect that it was because of the way our room was situated on a corner.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our family & friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 night in a loft suite (room 1604). I booked through the hotel and got 50% off the 3rd night. Total cost=$1,250 approximately. Worth every hard earned penny. The suite was quiet and huge. These are two words seldom used as NY hotel room descriptors. There was a living room with microwave and fridge + huge flat screen TV. Little dining table for two in a corner. A very comfy L shaped couch about as wide as a twin bed but it's not a fold away. The bathroom is modern and clean. There isn't a tub but the shower stall is big with a glass door and tiled beautifully. The bedroom also has a flat screen TV and a super-comfy bed. The floors were a lovely hardwood covered with area rugs. There's a Keurig in the room, but the maids never refilled the coffee supplies with creamer. (Minor problem and I could have asked for more.)

The pics in hotel's website exaggerate the size if the lobby, it's s few chairs (nice chairs) but that's it. There's a tiny lobby bar-restaurant. But who cares: it's quiet and the staff is pleasant. If you get the loft suite, you'll have a sitting room to hang out with friends. Plus, there are 2 walk in closets and a safe. The closets were bigger than some bedrooms I've seen in NY.

The hotel is two blocks from Grand Central in Murray Hill. Not hipster-ville, for sure. Perfect for me since I wanted convenient sans crowds. Theater district is walkable and when you get to Times Square, you'll be very glad you're not staying in that area. The village is a walk and train away.

The cost is high (for me) but I didn't want my hotel choice to negatively impact my weekend in NY. I was meeting friends and the sitting room provided us a place to hang out, talk, have a beer etc. without dealing with World Cup craziness. I was worried the room would be horrible and I'd be out a tidy sum. It was perfect. Just perfect. No regrets.

I can't speak to the standard rooms, but check deals on the loft suite if you want a lovely two-room hotel.

Thank you, Tuscany.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Vida1958
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staying at The Tuscany turned a good trip into a great one. The room was booked through a discount travel site, and I did not know what hotel we would get, but I guess we were just lucky that day! The hotel was well worth the money we paid. Our room, on the backside of the hotel, was quiet, large and well appointed. We were on one of the lower floors but if we leaned a little to the left we could see the Empire State Building. I was also very intrigued by the outdoor patios/gardens of the townhouses behind us....I never saw anyone using them! While the room was way beyond expectations, it was the staff that truly made this an outstanding hotel. Previously we stayed at larger chain hotels, with revolving desk clerks, valets and doormen. Here, we really got to know the people who did an excellent job of taking care of our needs. In particular Dennis , who worked the front desk, went out of his way to make our stay special. (He was off the day we left so we never got a chance to thank him!) We will be returning to NYC again for another girls’ trip and will certainly return to the Tuscany, by choice this time!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family