“Great hotel in a super location”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #87 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The location was great, with restaurants galore within close proximity. Many of the tourist sites are within easy walking distance (Empire State bldg., Grand Central Station, Rockerfeller Plaza, etc). The rooms are big and the bed was super comfy with a crisp white duvet cover on the comforter. The bathroom however was rather small but the shower was a nice good-sized walk-in shower with slate tile so was not slippery like some showers are. The staff was accommodating especially when we checked in and noted that my husband needed a shower with no tub.
A couple drawbacks were a lack of a in-room coffee maker. While they had coffee you could buy downstairs at Audrey's it was inconvenient to have get dressed to go down and carry up two coffees. Another problem was with the internet and I suspect that it was because of the way our room was situated on a corner.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our family & friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 night in a loft suite (room 1604). I booked through the hotel and got 50% off the 3rd night. Total cost=$1,250 approximately. Worth every hard earned penny. The suite was quiet and huge. These are two words seldom used as NY hotel room descriptors. There was a living room with microwave and fridge + huge flat screen TV. Little dining table for two in a corner. A very comfy L shaped couch about as wide as a twin bed but it's not a fold away. The bathroom is modern and clean. There isn't a tub but the shower stall is big with a glass door and tiled beautifully. The bedroom also has a flat screen TV and a super-comfy bed. The floors were a lovely hardwood covered with area rugs. There's a Keurig in the room, but the maids never refilled the coffee supplies with creamer. (Minor problem and I could have asked for more.)

The pics in hotel's website exaggerate the size if the lobby, it's s few chairs (nice chairs) but that's it. There's a tiny lobby bar-restaurant. But who cares: it's quiet and the staff is pleasant. If you get the loft suite, you'll have a sitting room to hang out with friends. Plus, there are 2 walk in closets and a safe. The closets were bigger than some bedrooms I've seen in NY.

The hotel is two blocks from Grand Central in Murray Hill. Not hipster-ville, for sure. Perfect for me since I wanted convenient sans crowds. Theater district is walkable and when you get to Times Square, you'll be very glad you're not staying in that area. The village is a walk and train away.

The cost is high (for me) but I didn't want my hotel choice to negatively impact my weekend in NY. I was meeting friends and the sitting room provided us a place to hang out, talk, have a beer etc. without dealing with World Cup craziness. I was worried the room would be horrible and I'd be out a tidy sum. It was perfect. Just perfect. No regrets.

I can't speak to the standard rooms, but check deals on the loft suite if you want a lovely two-room hotel.

Thank you, Tuscany.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Vida1958
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staying at The Tuscany turned a good trip into a great one. The room was booked through a discount travel site, and I did not know what hotel we would get, but I guess we were just lucky that day! The hotel was well worth the money we paid. Our room, on the backside of the hotel, was quiet, large and well appointed. We were on one of the lower floors but if we leaned a little to the left we could see the Empire State Building. I was also very intrigued by the outdoor patios/gardens of the townhouses behind us....I never saw anyone using them! While the room was way beyond expectations, it was the staff that truly made this an outstanding hotel. Previously we stayed at larger chain hotels, with revolving desk clerks, valets and doormen. Here, we really got to know the people who did an excellent job of taking care of our needs. In particular Dennis , who worked the front desk, went out of his way to make our stay special. (He was off the day we left so we never got a chance to thank him!) We will be returning to NYC again for another girls’ trip and will certainly return to the Tuscany, by choice this time!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked 2 rooms for my sister and her family who are arriving on an international flight tomorrow morning. Because of an emergency and unforeseen circumstances the original hotel her family was going to stay fell through. In the midst of the chaos I needed to book something before they landed. I called reservations and spoke to Joshua - several times. No matter my request or how much I made him crazy he maintained his cool and ensured that all would be taken care of. He helped me with the best price, the best room options for their needs and emailed all the details with exact directions to my sister so when she lands she will have a clear and hopefully smooth arrival in NY. If Joshua's customer service is any indication of what this hotel has to offer, I am positive all with be terrific. I will update later with further details and how the stay actually was.

Thank you Joshua!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I needed a last minute room for one night in Manhattan and expected to pay a lot and get a little, but the Tuscany was a very pleasant surprise. Every staff person went out of his way to be helpful and courteous--tip or not. My ugraded suite was handsome, enormous and outfitted beautifully and comfortably. It WAS pricey--$522 with tax--so not a "vaue" but still a really great night. My compliments to the hotel owners and staff.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Russell S
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel with large rooms at a reasonable price. Location is good, next to Grand Central Station so it's easy to get around.

My room did not have a safe and we were offered the option to move to another room but decided against it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Tuscany is just blocks from Grand Central off Park Avenue. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. There is a separate dressing table and closet area. Bathrooms are not large but nicely done with beautiful shower. The staff was extrenely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a boutique hotel and do not need on-site restaurants. There is a basic cafe.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel