The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$161
$274
$247
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$183
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$368
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
2,018 results
All reviewsgrand central stationchrysler buildingmurray hilldeluxe studiogreat locationnew yorkwalk in closetsister hotelrooms are hugecomfortable bedby nyc standardsfront desk staffquiet streetcorner roomluxury hotelpark avenuearound the corner
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

As always, St. Giles Tuscany was the perfect hotel for my stay in NY. Large rooms compare with other hotels, friendly people at reception, free wifi! Easy to go everywhere you need, walking distance to Empire, Broadway, definitely is my hotel to stay in NY!

• Stayed: April 2014
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Beatrice V,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We were delighted to welcome you back, and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your return visit. Please do come back and visit us next time you are in NYC.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great value for this price range. Spacious rooms, large windows, quiet (except for occasional noise from hallway), very clean. Fast check-in and free wifi in rooms. They gladly held our luggage on last day to allow us to explore the city after checking out. Did not use any special amenities or services so cannot comment on anything else. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Loloshig

Dear Loloshig,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious and quiet rooms here in Murray Hill. We are especially glad that our great staff provided efficient service at check in, and were so accommodating for you after check out—warm, personal service is our goal for each and every guest. Thanks for recommending us, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great location and comfortable beds. The price was reasonable. But I don't know if I would stay there again. While the bathroom was clean and large, it was poorly laid out. One had to step up on a platform to get into the tub and my husband slipped on the platform. Also, even though we had 3 people in the room, they maids would only supply enough towels for 2. Perhaps because there were so few places in the bathroom to hang or place the towels. And the hotel did not offer to let you reuse towels. The breakfast closed at 11, so I missed breakfast the first morning. They did not even have any coffee available. However, there are many coffee shops and other places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ajc53,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. We regret to hear that your visit did not quite live up to your expectations. I have forwarded your review on to our housekeeping team to determine what happened in this instance and take the proper steps to improve our services. We are always happy to speak with you if something is not quite right in your room or if we can be of assistance in any way. In fact, I would like to speak with you personally about your visit. If you feel so inclined, please feel free to reach me at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We hope to have another opportunity to provide the warm, personal service that is our standard for each and every guest.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in NYC before (Roosevelt -which I loved too) and I really like this hotel. I like how small it is.. Centrally located in midtown. Great staff and easy to get in and out of.. On my floor (12th) there are only four rooms.. Pretty impressive.. Intimidate and quiet. Would stay here again...
Either here or the Roosevelt are two of my suggestions

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pawnpusher
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the St. Giles - Tuscany for 2 nights. This was the nicest New York City hotel I've stayed in by far, having stayed at the Kitano, Grand Hyatt, and the W on Lexington previously.

Location:
The Tuscany was fairly easy to spot (even from the back seat of a cab) on 39th street, and is close to Park Avenue.

Room:
I got a beautiful suite, smartly layed out given the constraints of space. The room had both a generous living and bedroom area with a firm king size bed, at the expense of the bathroom space but even in there, with its modern decor, it felt bigger than it actually was.

Closet & safe:
The room had 2 closets! One had the in-room safe, which could take any code from 3 to 6 numbers, as well as 2 plush Tuscany robes. The other closet was quite deep, where I decided to put my luggage.

Bathroom:
The bathroom had a modern wide sink, with a huge drawer underneath that had all the necessary items (like the hair dryer). There is no bathtub but in its place was a wonderful roomy glass-door rainfall shower area.

Work Desk & Wi-Fi:
The work desk was vast, with the in-room Wi-Fi working very well for all my internet needs.

TV, Fridge, Microwave:
There were two large flat screen TVs in the room, one in the living area and the other in the bedroom. I was too busy to try them out. The room also had a drawer-design microwave, the first I've ever seen like that. Again, I was too busy in the city to have a chance to buy something and heat it up. The fridge already had plenty of beverage items for your convenience, which I passed up on after seeing how much each item went for.

Climate Control:
There were two thermostats, one in the bedroom and the other in the living area. The heat worked well, a little bit too well, but I eventually got the hang of how to work the fancy thermostat.

Exterior Noise:
I only heard some noise not from the hallway but from the room above mine. It lasted less than five minutes. It sounded as though someone was walking with hard shoes on.

Phone & Telephone charges:
Note that there is a $2.00 charge for each call to a toll-free number using a calling card. I noticed some trouble with the phone, the person on the other end could not hear what I was saying. It occurred to me after I had left that perhaps the speakerphone was used by a previous guest and set on mute.

Elevators:
I appreciated the indicators of exactly where the elevators were, and in general, the wait for the elevators weren't too long.

Check-in and Check-out:
Check-out was trouble free, including the staff hailing me a cab for the airport. Check-in however seemed to drop the ball. I had arrived at 1 PM, prior to the check-in time of 3 PM. Knowing this, I asked that I check my bags in the meantime. The person at the front desk said she would call me once the room was ready. However, I never got the call! I wandered back in at 6 PM hoping the room was ready, which it was. By this time, it was Shane (who was fabulous during my whole stay) at the front desk. My guess is that the instruction to call me was not passed on. The lack of a phone call made me wonder whether there might be an overbooking or some other problem.

Overall:
If you get a good price for this place, like I did because of the time period, it's definitely worth staying here. The question now is how are the future hotels that I stay in New York ever going to match up to the St. Giles - Tuscany!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank woodulu