The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$335
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
2,018 results
All reviewsgrand central stationchrysler buildingmurray hilldeluxe studiogreat locationnew yorkwalk in closetsister hotelrooms are hugecomfortable bedby nyc standardsfront desk staffquiet streetcorner roomluxury hotelpark avenuearound the corner
Reviewed December 29, 2013

If I could rate this higher I would have - should be 6 stars. We just spent a fantastic 2 weeks at this hotel. I felt very sad when we had to say goodbye to what came to feel like a home away from home. I have never stayed at one hotel for such an extended period (unless we were relocating to another city for work) and we could not have chosen a better place to spend this amount of time in one hotel. I absolutely concur with all the glowing, positive comments in previous reviews. From the room size the quality of the fittings, the position etc etc etc......don't you just love it when people whinge about the smallest things & yet I bet their own homes are not pristine or run to such high exacting standards.
The management should be congratulated for choosing AND retaining such fabulous staff who are the face and heart of this hotel. You must be doing something right to keep them. The front desk staff were helpful, obliging and friendly - can only remember one or two names, so rather than leave out someone I won't name any - but you know who you are :) Ty, from the evening bar was a delight too. The ones who truly stood out for me were the concierge/door staff. One in particular, Carlos. Someone mentioned just recently in their review how he stood out in the bad weather to get a cab for them. Well he did the same for me on one of the worst afternoons we were there. It was snowing and blowy and VERY uncomfortable and he stood with me trying to hail a cab for over 35 minutes! What a man! He could easily have left me there - we had walked up the the corner of 39th & Park as he said it would be better from there. It appears that I was trying to get one when it was a change of shift - 4.30pm (why would they do that at the beginning of one busiest times of the day??) and the drivers were going home - but not in the direction I wanted to go. Apparently none of them live west of Park ave! He stopped probably 20 cabs & they would only take me if I was going to the east side. Finally he got one - phew! I really thought I was not going to be able to get one. Anyway, that was the level of helpfulness we encountered the whole time we were there. Why else would you stay anywhere else in NYC is beyond me. Thank you to each and everyone of you who made this such a memorable trip for us. You have spoilt us for any other hotel we stay at (& I am currently writing this from a hotel in Las Vegas - mmmm interesting!) happy new year to you all.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel away from the ping of the lift - so you trade a view for blissful quiet.
1  Thank peegeeSydney
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear peegeeSydney,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! You are our very first 6-star rating here on TripAdvisor (thank you!). We love it when our staff leave a great impression, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire front office team and especially Thai at Audrey Bar and our fantastic doorman Carlos. Our spacious, modern rooms await your return for a future visit. Thank you again for sharing your experience her eon TripAdvisor!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at the Tuscany for 2 nights right before Christmas. This boutique hotel is well located and about a 10 minute walk to the theaters. The rooms are quite spacious, well appointed and very comfortable and the staff was very accomodating and friendly. Both the bed and the shower were great. We chose to have breakfast at one of the delis around the corner rather than spending more at the hotel, but they do have a nice place next door for breakfast that is a little pricey.

I am a travel agent who likes to check out different hotels when I visit New York and I would definitely recommend the St. Giles Tuscany.

Room Tip: We had a very large deluxe studio, but I think any room would be large and beautiful.

Dear shelbob_12,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and that our fantastic beds and custom showers proved to be such great amenities during your stay. It is an honor to be recommended by travel agents, and we certainly hope to welcome you back on a future visit!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I wasvery surprised and happy with my experience at the Tuscany hotel. The check in and check out process was efficient and the staff well trained and friendly. It has a great location near Grand Central. I had 3 rooms and all were spacious and well appointed. Very clean as well. I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms off the street are more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Fuffernetto,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are delighted to hear that you and your traveling companions had such a wonderful stay with us. We are especially happy to hear that our fantastic staff left such a great impression, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire front office team. We would be delighted to assist in organizing your return visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance in any way!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My stay at the Tuscany will be one I will remember forever. Upon my arrival the two young men working the front desk(one was the concierge) went out of their way to see that I was well taken care of. They were friendly, attentive, personable and a whole lot of fun! My suite was enormous by NYC standards and incredibly well appointed and clean. I was not bothered by street noise, elevator noise, or inattentive staff as other reviewers have stated. Overall I would have to say, being on my own for my stay- and from North Carolina- I could not have been treated better,felt safer, or received better service. I will recommend this lovely hotel to all my friends and can not wait to return!! My only regret is that I can not remember the terrific young men- 2 concierge, and one who checked me in, to thank them personally. I checked in Monday December 16th- after lunch. You guys are the BEST!!!!! THANKYOU

Room Tip: corner suites….AMAZING
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank stephanie w

Dear stephanie w,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit in one of our spacious Corner Studios—with more than 500 sq ft of space, we think they are pretty spectacular. We are especially glad to hear that you experience such superb service during your visit—warm, personal service is our standard for every guest, and I will be sure to share you kind words with our entire front office team. We are so happy that you felt welcome, safe and well-served. We hope to welcome you back to The Tuscany very soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We spent four days at the Tuscany in early December. A NYC trip to see the city at Christmas. The hotel had put minimal effort into any decorations. Arriving early evening, the first thing we see is a doorman who looks more like a nightclub bouncer. We were checked in and headed to our room. Unfortunately the room key and room number didn't match and when I went back to get it corrected, our room was actually on a different floor. The hotel has an innocuous lobby with a bar opposite the registration desk. Didn't seem very busy at any time and we choose not to visit. The elevators looks like something out of the 80's and sounded like it as well. I thought one was the service elevator, which it wasn't. The rooms are very spacious, clean and well appointed... wondered why one robe for two guests, but not for long. The Tuscany was convenient for getting around and we walked to nearby restaurants (good ones) for drinks or a light meal. There is a bit of a trade off here... large, clean room with good location versus service, street appeal and the hustle of other areas of the city. While we enjoyed our stay in NYC, I doubt I would return to the Tuscany.

Dear JD419,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spavious, modern room during your stay with us. We regret, however, that your experience of our guest service professionals was less than stellar. Our goal is warm, personal service to each guest of the hotel, and we are disappointed to hear that we did not live up to our standards in this instance. We apologize especially for the inconveniences you experienced at check in—it is not acceptable to send guests to the incorrect room, and we certainly understand how important a first impression can be! Should you be so inclined, I would like to speak with you personally regarding your visit so that we can take the proper steps to improve. Please feel free to reach out to me at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We hope that we have another opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience.