“AMAZING!”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #100 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I work as a fashion editor so I was coming to NY for the photo shoot. Ive chosen this hotel because Ive read the rooms are quite big and I had lots of clothes with me. I got amazing, huge room with a view on Crysler Building. It was not only huge but also clean and extremely comfy.The staff was always helpfull, friendly and supernice. They helped with everything - luggage, couriers, extra hangers etc. I was also suprised by breakfast - lots of products to choose from including frensh fruits etc. Also the location is great - you can walk everywhere. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ina L
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Ina L,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and the great view of the Chrysler Building—we think the views are some of the best in the city. And I will be sure to share your kind works with our staff, as we are delighted to hear that they provided you with such warm and personal service. We are honored to receive you recommendation!

Should you have the opportunity to visit NYC again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your stay personally. For the best favorable rates, simply email our Director of Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call one of our accommodations specialists at 888.406.8588 or use the special promo code THANKS when booking on our website.

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,961)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

upon walking into the St Giles hotel I was pleasantly surprised with the chic décor that is actually quite comfortable
and loungie. The hotel has a small bar with limited drinks available but its nice to have a drink with a friend at the end of a long day. In the morning the bar becomes a breakfast nook with pastries and coffee available at a nominal cost.
The rooms are great- the beds- so comfortable and that is a lot coming from me. I have an amazing bed at home so I hate it when I travel cause I always wake up with a kink in my back and usually feel very uncomfortable - but hey enough about me.. This did not happen with the bed- I slept like a baby. I felt refreshed and ready to go in the early morning.
the thermostat allows you to put the air on very low ( I like to see my breath)
the furniture is in great shape- very clean
the bathroom is amazing very sleek and clean
the people working at the hotel are extremely nice and very helpful. they went out of their way to locate a phone charger for me - very happy about that
I came here for a business trip. I' m going to bring my family and stay here with them when we tour N.Y. for fun.
I go to N.Y. 6 times a year- I ve stayed at many hotels in the Murray Hill area- this one is my new favorite. I stayed here with it was a W hotel- Its actually much nicer now - than when it was a W hotel- strange, yes but true.
I would like to stay here every time I come to New York.
keep up the good work St Giles ! thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank paul H

Dear paul H,

Wow, what a fantastic review of your recent stay at The Tuscany! Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and for your kind words regarding our recent renovation. We think that the new Tuscany is a great addition to the Murray Hill neighborhood, and it is always a pleasure to hear when our guests agree. We look forward to making your next visit even better than the first!

It would be our pleasure to personally arrange a visit for you and your family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Accommodations Team by contacting our Director of Accommodations, Christopher Jevas, at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling our team directly at 888.406.8588

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Tucsany!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Over the last 30+ years have stayed at countless NYC hotels. This place is great. Quiet neighbourhood so no sirens waking you up but walking distance to theatre and close to subway. We were greeted by Halida, the manager, and as repeat clients of St. Giles hotel we were upgraded to suite and each given a complimentary glass of wine. Rooms are all nicely renovated and spotlessly clean. No peeling paint, no peeling wallpaper. No cracked tiles and no dirt. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hadassah55
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Hadassah55,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We love welcoming repeat guests at the St Giles New York Hotels, and we are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Loft Suite. We think the Loft Suites turned out marvelously, and we would love to hear more about your experience so that we can ensure that the suites are perfectly set up for our guests. Should you have any comments, or if you would like to speak further about the Loft Suite, please feel free to reach out to me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us at the St Giles New York!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a room with 2 double beds. The room was large and had a very nice modern decor. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there for just the weekend to shop and see a show so this was a great location for us. I will definitely be back. Thank you for a great weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Ecaceres

Dear Ecaceres,

Thank you so much for selecting The Tuscany for your recent visit to NYC, and for sharing your great experience! We are delighted that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and amenities. We are especially happy to hear that you enjoyed wonderful service from our staff—we love it when they leave a great impression, and I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Please do come back and visit us again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

A great oasis. Very spacious room, bathroom very small. Big flat screen tv, comfortable King bed and sitting area. The front desk staff are very helpful. Would suggest to have coffee making facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lee L

Dear LKhor,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit, and that you found us a great oasis from the crush of Manhattan. We do have a number of rooms that feature larger bathrooms, and we are always happy to request one for you for a future visit, should you prefer. In addition, we are also happy to place a coffeemaker in the room for you upon request. In addition, we will soon be serving premium coffee daily at Audrey Café in the lobby of The Tuscany.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Tuscany is in a very convenient location a few blocks from Grand Central Station. The staff are all warm, welcoming and helpful. We were given a corner room, which was fairly large by NY standards. I agree with previous reviewers that the rooms are very quiet, which is also a plus for NYC. The hotel had undergone a recent renovation, however, there was a problem with the AC in our room. The staff was responsive to the issue, and we were given a free (and delicious) breakfast at The Court, a sister property a few doors away. The staff there were equally wonderful. My husband and I would come back here again next time we visit NYC if there is availability.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room which is a little bigger.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jelyapt
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear jelyapt,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are delighted to hear that you nad your husband enjoyed one of our spacious Corner Studios, and that you experienced a restful stay with us. We apologize that you had trouble with the AC in the room upon your arrival. Thank you for bearing with us, and we are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast at Icon Restaurant in our sister property, The Court. Our staff and associates would love to welcome you back to The Tuscany anytime!

Thank you so much, and we hope to welcome you back to The Tuscany very soon..

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family had a wonderful experience at the Tuscany. The front desk staff were very helpful and polite, especially Dennis. We loved the location because it was close to Grand Central, Bryant Park, and Time Square. We thought the hotel was beautifully done and rooms were spacious. We had a wonderful view of the Chrysler building from our room. We also ate at Audrey's for breakfast, and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with two queen beds, so book early. The higher the room, the better the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Pam4321

Dear Pam4321,

It was a pleasure to host you and your family at The Tuscany during your recent visit to New York City! We are delighted to hear that you found the hotel beautifully done, and that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms. I will be sure to share your kind words with Dennis and his colleagues at the front desk—our associates are our best asset, and we love it when they make such a great impression. And I will also pass your compliments to the chef at Audrey Café. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Thank you so much, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Tuscany!