“St. Giles Review”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #95 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was awesome. Great service. Clean and spacious room. The hotel upgraded us to executive room. The price was so worth it! The hotel is close to many restaurants and Times Square. Very modern room and classy.

Room Tip: Walking distance to Times Square
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Anderson1996,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We love to hear that guests enjoy our spacious, modern rooms, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your upgrade—we are delighted to provide upgrades to our guests when they are available. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Should you have the opportunity to visit NYC again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your stay personally. For the best favorable rates, simply email our Director of Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call one of our accommodations specialists at 888.406.8588 or use the special promo code THANKS when booking on our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Tuscany on a future visit!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I just enjoyed a wonderful night at this hotel. If you are planning a trip to NYC you owe it to yourself to stay here. Our reference point is the Ritz-Carlton and this hotel did not disappoint. Great location, spacious clean rooms at an excellent price!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RalphRH

Dear RalphRH,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. We are honored to be in such company, and to receive your recommendation for anyone visiting NYC! At The Tuscany, we pride ourselves on providing warm, personal service to every one of our guests. We are always glad to hear that we are living up to our standards. Please come back and visit us in Murray Hill again soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Tuscany on a future visit!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff was wonderful. Hotel was nice clean and I loved our spacious room. This hotel gives u a bang for ur buck but the concierge is at the sister hotel at the corner so if u need anything u have to go get it. Not such a big deal. The salon attached to the hotel however u should avoid. I had to instruct the lady the whole way on how to do my hair. She was Asian and new nothing about my long curly hair. The hotel sadly should not tell hotel guest this is part of the services the offer. It was a nail salon with a sink.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MissInternational080,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. We love it when our associates leave a great impression, and they will be so happy to hear that you found them to be wonderful! We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious modern rooms and amenities. It is disappointing to learn that you had a poor experience with the salon located in The Court Hotel. The salon is not affiliated with the hotels, and we sincerely apologize if the services supplied were recommended by one of our staff members. I would like to speak with you further so that we can determine the best course of action moving forward. Should you be so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

We hope to welcome you back to The Tuscany in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent three nights in this great small hotel in New York, ideally located in Midtown, within walking distance to many points of interest in the city. As we walked in, we were immediately impressed by the modern, sleek decor. The hotel has been recently renovated, and beautifully so. We had a corner room, which was very spacious and comfortably furnished. As a woman, I especially enjoyed having my own little vanity corner - nice touch! The bed was so comfortable, I did not want to get up in the morning. The bathroom was small but with a wall-length walk-in shower stall. Everything was sparkling clean. Big walk-in closet with iron and board if needed. The front desk staff is casually dressed and very friendly; the lobby is not too big; the small bar area is cozy and laid-back: all this makes for a welcoming, cozy feeling. Home away from home. We look forward to going back to our beloved city and to this little gem of a hotel!

Room Tip: Corner room facing the back had windows on two sides, and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Belladonna512
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Belladonna512,

What a delightful review of your recent experience at The Tuscany. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Corner Studio—we don’t play favorites, but the Corner Studios are as close to our favorite rooms as we can get! Spacious and filled with natural light, we think they offer outstanding value and comfort in New York City. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home, and we hope you come back to visit us again very soon.

In fact, should you have the opportunity to visit NYC again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your stay personally. For the best favorable rates, simply email our Director of Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call one of our accommodations specialists at 888.406.8588 or use the special promo code THANKS when booking on our website.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I typically stay at the sister hotel next door as the Tuscany is a little over my budget but this time it fit. They just went through a renovation and you can tell. The lobby is small but comfortable and welcoming. My room was LARGE and VERY nice. Non-traditional carpet was noticeable and a nice touch. TV sized for the room. Bed big and comfortable. Nice big bath. Nice touches with lamps and furniture. The only detractions (not enough to keep me away) are: air con seemed to work fine, but then would just stop working, no room service!?! (this is big), and not enough counter space in bath - I had to actually put stuff on the floor (ewww).

For me the location is great - near Grand Central and subway lines and my customers.

Overall very nice and the staff was friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Upintheairtoomuch,

Thank you so much for trying The Tuscany, and for sharing your wonderful review of your recent visit! We are so delighted that you enjoyed the spacious room and our modern amenities. We are tickled when people notice and enjoy the details of our renovation—we put careful thought into each design element, and the carpet in the rooms was a major one! Our rooms are climate-controlled and the air conditioner was probably responding to pre-set temperatures in the room (it will kick on if the temperature gets above a certain level and off if below a certain level). Each room is also equipped with a thermostat that can be adjusted by guests. We apologize if there was any confusion surrounding the room temperature! I can also assure you that we are working to ensure that room service returns as soon as possible. Stay tuned to TripAdvisor for updates!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a couple of days before I had to drop her to summer camp. The front office staff and bell boys here are so welcoming and bend over backwards to please. Our room was upgraded upon arrival which was a welcome treat after a 10 hr journey!
The rooms and bathrooms in this hotel are huge compared to most rooms in Manhattan and the decor is funky yet comfortable. The price is also very reasonable.
The location is fabulous. 3 minutes to Grand Central Station and about 10 minutes to Macys. Its so easy to around NYC from here.
I love this hotel so much that I'm going back in 3 weeks to stay for a week!!!

Room Tip: Go for the Grand Studio
1  Thank dubsuz1211
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear dubsuz1211,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so delighted to hear that you loved your visit, and that you’ll be joining us again soon. Our Grand Studios *are* grand, and we are so glad that you enjoyed the amenities and décor. I’ll be sure to share you kind works with our front office staff as well—they are amazing and we are always happy when they leave such a great impression on our guests! If we can be of assistance in any way prior to your next arrival, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I planned a trip to stay a week (6 nights) in NYC with my teenage son. It was recommended that we stay at a well known hotel in Midtown, however, after learning that the establishment was under renovations, I searched for other options. Finding The Tuscany was the greatest part of our trip. It's a short walk to/from Grand Central and has many local restaurants, local stores and tourist attractions within short walking distance.

We were able to check in early, and out late, and always had the option of complimentary baggage hold to fit our travel schedule. Dennis and Shane were always friendly faces at the front desk. David, Jon and Orlando were always holding doors and greeting us upon entry or exit. I called Glenis about printing passes for us to visit the 911 Memorial and she had them hand delivered to my room within 30 minutes. I asked for the refrigerator to be unlocked and since the hotel is still under renovations, one was immediately delivered to my room so we shopped at the local grocery store to supplement all of the eating out.

The neighborhood is extremely quiet considering its great central location. The room was meticulous. In the evening, I would put the "be quiet" sign on door so we had the freedom of leaving in the morning when we wanted to. When we would leave, we would change the sign to "be clean" and when we returned, our room was always tended to. I visited the Audrey Lounge for a complimentary glass of wine and enjoyed speaking with the staff and other guests. It had a limited food menu, perfect for those who did not want to venture out. One evening, I visited the lounge at The Court which was also quite cozy. The Tuscany has free wifi, which was great for syncing our phones and using my laptop, which I brought specifically because I had read reviews that the safe was big enough to hold a full size laptop and it was.

There's a nice Italian restaurant, Fagiolini, on the corner. The chicken parm was great and prices were reasonable, unlike the chain restaurants at Times Square. We also hit Scotty's diner for breakfast. Walk towards 3rd Ave for great local places or to 9th for the same. I added the info about eating in NYC because I learned a lot reading these reviews. I actually like that The Tuscany does not have a full restaurant because it keeps the place cozy and less hectic than other hotels. NYC is hectic enough, so it's nice to head "home" for the evening to this lovely place.

I hope that over time The Tuscany maintains its cozy, clean atmosphere with its incredible staff because I will be more apt to visit NYC more frequently knowing that there's a great place to stay. Thank you again to each staff member who made our long stay most comfortable and perfect.

2  Thank Sarah K

Dear Sarah K,

We are so honored to learn that finding The Tuscany was the best part of your trip to New York—thank you so much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our staff is our best asset, and I am so delighted to hear that Dennis, Shane, David, Jon and Orlando and Glennis provided you with such great service, and I will be sure to share you kind works with them and their colleagues. And how wonderful that you enjoyed visiting some of our favorite neighborhood spots! Murray Hill has the quiet feel of a neighborhood with the convenience of Midtown Manhattan, and with Fagiolini, Scotty’s and the many other diverse establishments within a few blocks, there’s no need to venture further. Thank you again for your wonderful review, and please do come back to visit us again soon!