The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$689
$617
  • Pool
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
1,999 results
All reviewsgrand central stationchrysler buildingmurray hilldeluxe studiogreat locationnew yorkwalk in closetsister hotelrooms are hugecomfortable bedby nyc standardsfront desk staffquiet streetcorner roomluxury hotelpark avenuearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I typically stay at the sister hotel next door as the Tuscany is a little over my budget but this time it fit. They just went through a renovation and you can tell. The lobby is small but comfortable and welcoming. My room was LARGE and VERY nice. Non-traditional carpet was noticeable and a nice touch. TV sized for the room. Bed big and comfortable. Nice big bath. Nice touches with lamps and furniture. The only detractions (not enough to keep me away) are: air con seemed to work fine, but then would just stop working, no room service!?! (this is big), and not enough counter space in bath - I had to actually put stuff on the floor (ewww).

For me the location is great - near Grand Central and subway lines and my customers.

Overall very nice and the staff was friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Upintheairtoomuch,

Thank you so much for trying The Tuscany, and for sharing your wonderful review of your recent visit! We are so delighted that you enjoyed the spacious room and our modern amenities. We are tickled when people notice and enjoy the details of our renovation—we put careful thought into each design element, and the carpet in the rooms was a major one! Our rooms are climate-controlled and the air conditioner was probably responding to pre-set temperatures in the room (it will kick on if the temperature gets above a certain level and off if below a certain level). Each room is also equipped with a thermostat that can be adjusted by guests. We apologize if there was any confusion surrounding the room temperature! I can also assure you that we are working to ensure that room service returns as soon as possible. Stay tuned to TripAdvisor for updates!

Should you have the opportunity to visit NYC again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your stay personally. For the best favorable rates, simply email our Director of Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call one of our accommodations specialists at 888.406.8588 or use the special promo code THANKS when booking on our website.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a couple of days before I had to drop her to summer camp. The front office staff and bell boys here are so welcoming and bend over backwards to please. Our room was upgraded upon arrival which was a welcome treat after a 10 hr journey!
The rooms and bathrooms in this hotel are huge compared to most rooms in Manhattan and the decor is funky yet comfortable. The price is also very reasonable.
The location is fabulous. 3 minutes to Grand Central Station and about 10 minutes to Macys. Its so easy to around NYC from here.
I love this hotel so much that I'm going back in 3 weeks to stay for a week!!!

Room Tip: Go for the Grand Studio
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dubsuz1211
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear dubsuz1211,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so delighted to hear that you loved your visit, and that you’ll be joining us again soon. Our Grand Studios *are* grand, and we are so glad that you enjoyed the amenities and décor. I’ll be sure to share you kind works with our front office staff as well—they are amazing and we are always happy when they leave such a great impression on our guests! If we can be of assistance in any way prior to your next arrival, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I planned a trip to stay a week (6 nights) in NYC with my teenage son. It was recommended that we stay at a well known hotel in Midtown, however, after learning that the establishment was under renovations, I searched for other options. Finding The Tuscany was the greatest part of our trip. It's a short walk to/from Grand Central and has many local restaurants, local stores and tourist attractions within short walking distance.

We were able to check in early, and out late, and always had the option of complimentary baggage hold to fit our travel schedule. Dennis and Shane were always friendly faces at the front desk. David, Jon and Orlando were always holding doors and greeting us upon entry or exit. I called Glenis about printing passes for us to visit the 911 Memorial and she had them hand delivered to my room within 30 minutes. I asked for the refrigerator to be unlocked and since the hotel is still under renovations, one was immediately delivered to my room so we shopped at the local grocery store to supplement all of the eating out.

The neighborhood is extremely quiet considering its great central location. The room was meticulous. In the evening, I would put the "be quiet" sign on door so we had the freedom of leaving in the morning when we wanted to. When we would leave, we would change the sign to "be clean" and when we returned, our room was always tended to. I visited the Audrey Lounge for a complimentary glass of wine and enjoyed speaking with the staff and other guests. It had a limited food menu, perfect for those who did not want to venture out. One evening, I visited the lounge at The Court which was also quite cozy. The Tuscany has free wifi, which was great for syncing our phones and using my laptop, which I brought specifically because I had read reviews that the safe was big enough to hold a full size laptop and it was.

There's a nice Italian restaurant, Fagiolini, on the corner. The chicken parm was great and prices were reasonable, unlike the chain restaurants at Times Square. We also hit Scotty's diner for breakfast. Walk towards 3rd Ave for great local places or to 9th for the same. I added the info about eating in NYC because I learned a lot reading these reviews. I actually like that The Tuscany does not have a full restaurant because it keeps the place cozy and less hectic than other hotels. NYC is hectic enough, so it's nice to head "home" for the evening to this lovely place.

I hope that over time The Tuscany maintains its cozy, clean atmosphere with its incredible staff because I will be more apt to visit NYC more frequently knowing that there's a great place to stay. Thank you again to each staff member who made our long stay most comfortable and perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah K

Dear Sarah K,

We are so honored to learn that finding The Tuscany was the best part of your trip to New York—thank you so much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our staff is our best asset, and I am so delighted to hear that Dennis, Shane, David, Jon and Orlando and Glennis provided you with such great service, and I will be sure to share you kind works with them and their colleagues. And how wonderful that you enjoyed visiting some of our favorite neighborhood spots! Murray Hill has the quiet feel of a neighborhood with the convenience of Midtown Manhattan, and with Fagiolini, Scotty’s and the many other diverse establishments within a few blocks, there’s no need to venture further. Thank you again for your wonderful review, and please do come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is 10 minutes to Empire State Building and 20 to The Rockefeller Plaza. Express buses to the airport leaves only 3 minutes walking away on 41st (PS! At rush hour expect the bus to take 90 minutes)
And Broadway is like 20 - 30 minutes walking away.
Only 1 of 2 elevators was working when I was there so up and down could take up to 10 minutes.
On Arrival I got the impression breakfast was included in my stay - it was not and their breakfast is very expensive.
Bed was great, room was nice, but sound isolation was terrible so actually I was very happy that only one of 2 elevators was working - my room was 804 I think just outside the elevator.
So overall I would really not use the word luxury about this hotel and 4 star is one to many.
PS! They charge $95,- for hotel car to airport.

Room Tip: Not rooms close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear svharkes,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, both the areas that you enjoyed and where there is room for improvement. In fact, I would love to speak with you in further detail about your visit so that we can better improve our amenities and services. We apologize that only one elevator was in service during your visit. We are still putting the finishing touches on our Penthouse on the 17th floor, and in rare instances, this requires that we take one of our elevators out of service. Though this is typically only for short periods, it may have been longer during your visit, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Based on your feedback, we will also be looking at the room you stayed in to evaluate how sound affects our guests, especially when the elevator lands on that floor. A quiet and restful stay is important to our guests, and we are committed to doing everything possible to make that possible.

Should you be so inclined, I would like to speak with you in detail about you visit, and please feel free to reach out to me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We would love another opportunity to provide you with a true St Giles experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for the weekend and had a great experience at The Tuscany! Perfect location and the room was beautiful and spacious and had a fantastic view of the Chrysler building. Dennis at the front desk was friendly and accommodating and check in even included two complimentary vouchers for a glass of wine at the hotel bar, a nice way to start our evening before heading to dinner. Slept like a baby on the comfortable beds and wasn't disturbed by a single noise all night, which is saying a lot for staying in NY! Overall, we were highly impressed and will undoubtedly be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salvatore D

Dear Salvatore D,

What a lovely review of your recent experience at The Tuscany, thank you so much fort taking the time to share it! We are so glad that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and the view of the Chrysler Building—and that you slept so well on the luxury King bed. We pride ourselves on providing warm, personal service to each and every guest of the hotel, and we are delighted that Dennis took such great care of you; I will be sure to share your kind words with him. Please do come back to visit us again soon!