“A well designed, well located, beautifully remodeled hotel.”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“A well designed, well located, beautifully remodeled hotel.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent a wonderful Memorial Day weekend at The Tuscany. We come to the city often and have stayed at a variety of hotels. This is our new favorite getaway spot! Recently remodeled, very clean, with lovely, spacious rooms. We stayed in a deluxe studio that was larger than many hotel rooms in NYC, and quiet, with a great king size bed. Location is very central and within walking distance of everything. Staff is very attentive, and added to the wonderful ambience of this great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear travelmore056,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and amenities. Like you, we love our Murray Hill neighborhood, and are delighted to hear you found it convenient to just about everywhere in the city. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff—they are our best asset, and it is encouraging to hear that they made your stay extra special.

Should you have an opportunity to visit NYC again, it would be our pleasure to arrange a future stay for you at favorable rates. You may use the promo code THANKS to reserve through our website, contact our Director of Revenue and Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, or speak with an accommodations specialist at 888.406.8588.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Tuscany!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is 2 blocks from Grand Central which means it's within walking distance to all Times Square and Madison Ave destinations but we also had no trouble catching a taxi, even in the rain. The hotel is actually in a residential neighborhood so we had a "taste" of NYC living. There are numerous small eateries within a 2 block radius, as well as nail salons, drug stores, etc. The room was huge, even by normal hotel standards. The bedding was very comfortable and the bathroom was efficient although on the smaller side. The staff was helpful but in a casual manner, not overly solicitous of our comfort. The hotel seems to be undergoing continuing renovations so there were lots of small things like paint dribbled on metal trims and taped carpet edges. It's not a resort. Don't expect a concierge to make your life easier. There is a small bar area and they give you a complimentary glass of wine but it wasn't the kind of place I wanted to hang out. The area converts for a continental type breakfast in the morning but we didn't try it. This turned out to be one of the better places i have stayed in NYC. I did have an issue with my a/c not cooling. The maintenance guy said that he had the same problem the day before and didn't know how to fix it but they managed to solve the problem while I was out to dinner. Better management could help the staff improve. The house cleaner knocked on the door on Sunday morning even though we were checking out that day. If we had been staying, I would not have appreciated being disturbed at that time of the time but since we were checking out it didn't make any sense. I really wished they had tea or coffee in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear SEAPexplorer012,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so glad that you enjoyed the huge, modern rooms at The Tuscany. Though we are putting the finishing touches on our renovations, the guest experience is our first priority, and it is disappointing to hear that we did not live up to our standards during your stay. The disruptions and issues you experienced are not representative of our best, and we thank you for your honest feedback and the opportunity to improve. Should you be so inclined, I would like to speak with you in detail regarding your stay. You can reach me at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

Should you, your friends or family have the opportunity to visit NYC again, we would love to arrange a future stay for you at favorable rates. When reserving through our website, you may use the promo code THANKS, or feel free to contact our Director of Revenue and Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, or speak to an Accommodations Specialist by calling 888.406.8588.

SJU
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is hidden in a residential neighborhood, walking distance to everything . The rooms are huge, walk-in closets, 2 times bigger then a typical room very elegantly decorated. Molton Brown toiletries, great big new towels, but I have never been in a smaller bathroom - yes never! I just don't understand how they expect two people to share this tiny space.
But the staff is what makes this hotel truly special. When we checked in it felt like Shawn was our long lost brother, incredibly knowledgeable, funny and efficient - the hotel is very lucky to have him. And the doormen were great - I wish I could remember the gentleman working at 11:00 on the 20 of May, but he really loves his job and the hotel and it shows in the way he greets each guest and truly wants their experience to be special, The weekend doorman was also great, looking out for us and our car- thanks guys
We hope to return - just not to room 805

• Stayed May 2013
Dear JeanSju,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! Shane and his colleagues in the front office are stellar, and we will be sure to share your kind words with them. It is wonderful to hear that the service we provided really set your experience apart. We will be sure to update your room preferences as well—while a few of our bathrooms are on the small side, we tried our very best to provide additional preparation space with separate vanity areas. On your next stay, we will be sure to request our largest bath for you!

New York, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a weekend at the Tuscany. Had actually booked The Court but when checking in we were told that our reservation had been moved. The hotels are just 2-3 doors apart so not a problem. The Tuscany has just been renovated so this move was probably an upgrade. We had a corner room which was large and lovely. By Manhattan standards these rooms are huge. The bathroom was small but efficient with a large vanity just outside. There are tons of outlets for charging all electronics. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

The staff was friendly and accomodating. We got complimentary glasses of wine the first night. We skipped the hotel breakfast but we always do as all NYC hotel breakfasts are ripoffs. There is a diner just down the block which is perfect for breakfast and lunch.

I found the location ideal as the east side is much less hectic than the west side of Manhattan. We had tickets for a show on Saturday and just walked across town. The doorman did help us find a taxi when we needed one on Saturday night. We parked our car in the garage right across the street and probably saved about $10/day instead of using the hotel valet.

All in all an excellent stay. Would definitely return and would not hesitate recommending it to others. We paid $289/night which was about the cheapest rate I could find for this past weekend. For what we got it was well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie G
Dear Debbie G,

What a delight it was to read this review of your recent experience at The Tuscany! It is always our pleasure to provide a complimentary upgrade when available, and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your huge room at The Tuscany and our great Murray Hill location. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Melbourne
Reviewed May 19, 2013

First off, I must say that this was our first trip to New York, and I'll tell you now, if we return, this is where we will be staying..

The hotels location is just great. A stones throw from Grand Central Station. Or, a five minute relaxing walk. (If there is such a thing in New York).

We were traveling in a Family Group of 7 adults, So We had organized 4 Corner Studio rooms, and they were HUGE. about 46 sq meters...

The hotel lobby is minimalist, no real bar to speak of, and likewise no real breakfast. But this is never a problem in New York with HEAPS of places close by to eat or drink..

The staff were excellent and very friendly.

We ended up Paying about $250.00 a night for the room, and I'll tell you now, it was worth it.
The bed was a HUGE king bed.

Like I said before, we have never been to New York, so I cannot compare hotels, but from what I experienced, we will be back, and staying at this hotel again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank binksy61
Dear binksy61,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! It was a pleasure to host you and your family during your first visit to New York City. We are so delighted that you enjoyed our spacious, modern Corner Studios. Service is our first priority, and we love it when our associates leave a great impression—I will be sure to share you kind words with our staff.

Should you have the opportunity to visit NYC again, we would love to arrange a future stay for you at favorable rates. When reserving through our website, you may use the promo code THANKS, or feel free to contact our Director of Revenue and Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, or speak to an Accommodations Specialist by calling 888.406.8588.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Tuscany again soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The front desk staff is really nice and well versed on the city . The rooms are big.

On the downside, my room did not receive wifi. The staff did not fix the problem. In fact, they just did not get back to me. There is a fridge in the room for a mini bar, which is empty. Not a major ordeal but the environmental impact seems senseless. When I got back to the room, housekeeping had set the AC at 62 degrees.

The buttons on the phone don't work. Again, not a big deal unless there is a crisis, in which case, that button on the phone doesn't work either.

On balance, fine. If you are travelling for business then there are better options near by.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 14 th floor. Wifi does not work.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear K M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. We are delighted to hear that our staff provided excellent service during your stay with us, and I will be sharing your kind words with our associates. We certainly apologize that your stay was disrupted and did not meet your expectations on all levels. The guest experience is our first priority, and it is disappointing to learn that we did not live up to those standards in this instance. We are following up on each of the issues you raised—the problems with the phone, WiFi and minibar. In the meantime, I would love to speak with you in detail regarding your visit, as your feedback offers us an opportunity to improve. Please feel free to email me directly at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We would love another opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience.

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I just returned from staying at this hotel over Mother's Day weekend. Check in was easy and the gentlemen working there were all very friendly. The hotel was nice enough to give my mom and I a complimentary upgrade into a room with two beds. We were also given two cards for a free glass of wine at the bar, but we never got around to using them.

Our room was very large by NYC standards and had modern amenities like a iPod/iPhone docking station, large flat screen tv, and a decent hair dryer. I was pleased to find robes hanging in the walk in closet, and the towels were very soft. The Molton Brown toiletries smelled so good, I will be purchasing some for at home! Like most rooms in NYC, there is no coffee maker but you can purchase some downstairs or across the street. There is free wifi, and it was reliable.

My only complaint is that our room did not have a full length mirror. This may not be an issue for some people, but this is an absolute must for me! Due to our short stay, I did not call to see if they could accommodate me in some way, I just dealt with it.

Overall, its a great hotel in a perfect location! I have also stayed at the St. Giles Court next door and loved that too. I'm sure I will be back to one or the other next time I'm in NYC!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emily B
Dear Emily B,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent experience at The Tuscany! It is always a delight to hear that guests had a wonderful time during their stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the details—our robes, towels and Molton Brown products complement our all-new all-tile bathrooms perfectly, don’t you think? We will be happy to assist you with any needs during a future stay, including a full length mirror. Though we do not currently have plans to add full length mirrors to all of our rooms, we are ready to tackle any special requests our guests might have. Please come back and visit us again soon!

It would be our pleasure to arrange a future stay for you, and to make your second stay at The Tuscany even better than the first. Please email our Director of Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com or call 888.406.8588 to speak with an accommodations specialist and we will be delighted to offer our best favorable rates for you.

We hope to welcome you back to The Tuscany very soon.