“Personal & Excellent Service”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #93 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Maui, Hawaii
“Personal & Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Tuscany twice in the last few months. We discovered it while we were actually staying around the block but the bathroom in our guest room at 70 Park was so tiny, we decided to check out and walk our luggage down the block to The Tuscany. John (the doorman) and Dennis (front desk) were so friendly and gave us such personalized service we felt like we were staying at our friends house. I, myself, am in hospitality and know good customer service when I see it. These two guys genuinely enjoyed their jobs and took pleasure in making people happy. Additionally, our room was spacious, clean, new and when I asked for wine glasses they were delivered immediately! I usually never use the concierge (especially in a city I know) but the concierge in The Court (sister hotel right next door) was so helpful...she recommended a great comedy show and an awesome italian restaurant. Can't wait to go back!! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear flybyliz,

What a pleasure it was to read your review of your recent visits at The Tuscany! We love it when our associates leave an impression, and I will be sure to share you kind words with John, Dennis, and Barbara. Providing warm, personal service is our first priority, and it is wonderful to know that we lived up to those standards during your stay. It would be our pleasure to arrange a future stay for you!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We've stayed at St. Giles Courtyard several times and liked it a lot - but wanted to try the renovated Tuscany, right next door. The rooms are very large for NY standards - and they are modern. Not sterile and sleek, but contemporary and fun. The elevator wall was even a textured gold. Check in was easy and the women were friendly. When I requested a quiet room, they offered rooms on 2 different floors, both facing the street. We were offered free wine (2 coupons) at the bar when we checked in. Even though we were on a low floor (we chose this one because it was the bigger of the 2 offered), the street noise was minimal. There were shades but no curtains, so the room was not completely dark in the morning. Only problem was we were right across from the elevator which "dinged" loudly and woke us up repeatedly in the morning. Do not get a room across from the elevator!
I liked the room, the colors, the layout; the bathrooms (but no shower cap or shampoo was provided), the light fixtures and the lobby stair railings. It was the little touches that gave the hotel a fun flair.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from the elevator
Dear nreyesok,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! We love to hear from regular guests of the St Giles New York Hotels—not only because we appreciate your loyalty, but also because you provide great insight into providing consistent guest experiences. We are so glad to hear that enjoyed the little touches, as we do our very best to think of the details so that you can have a great stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the oversight on the provision of shampoo and the disruption you experienced in your room near the elevator. Your feedback allows us an opportunity to improve.

It would be our pleasure to arrange a future stay for you, and to make your second stay at The Tuscany even better than the first. Please email our Director of Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com and reference your TripAdvisor review. We will be delighted to provide you with favorable rates and a complimentary room upgrade (away from the elevator!) on your next stay.

Philly
Reviewed April 30, 2013

What else would you need? The pictures of the rooms do not do this place justice. I trusted the good reviews, and I'm glad I did. I've stayed in NYC many times, and this hotel stands out among all. The rooms are HUGE (for NYC), with really trendy vintage decor. The hotel bar is also a cool little trendy spot (we were given two complimentary drinks to enjoy here). The location is 2 blocks from 5th Avenue shopping, and a short walk to Central Park. It is across the street from Grand Central...

Oh yeah - the bed was extremely soft and comfortable; and probably one of the best raindrop showers ive ever been in.

I will be coming back here for sure.

1 Thank Emoskimo
Dear Emoskimo,

What a marvelous review of your recent experience at The Tuscany! We are so glad that you enjoyed our completely renovated rooms—the design and amenities of the room were all selected with the guest experience in mind, and it’s such a delight to hear that they are receiving such high marks from our guests. It would be our pleasure to arrange a future stay for you at favorable rates.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Location, location, location! Pros: The St. Giles Tuscany is very close to Grand Central Terminal Station, and the growing hip restaurant scene on 3rd Ave. It is an easy walk to Bryant Park. Very convenient to subway (being so close to Grand Central). The rooms are very clean and large by NYC standards. Everything is newly renovated (this hotel just changed hands from the W to the St. Giles). It's sister property, the St. Giles Courts is next door, which is where a good bar is, and also, a breakfast restaurant can be found. The bed is extremely comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous; we had a tub with shower and handheld option. My sister who also stayed at the hotel had a walk in shower, also with a hand held option. A small continental breakfast can also be purchased at the Tuscany. The only con is that a coffee maker is not in the room, and there is no free coffee in the lobby; in fact, the staff are completely tense about guests helping themselves to coffee (I guess they are afraid people will take it without paying). Another con is that the doors slam rather loudly and hallway noise seems to travel. Despite these non-fatal flaws, I rate this hotel as a five because the positives so greatly outweigh the very inconsequential negatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of 39th Street, as you may get a view of the Chrysler building. Check out...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear kyoto5301,

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review of The Tuscany! It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed our complete renovation, including our stylish modern rooms and all-new, all-tile bathrooms. Thank you also for sharing your feedback regarding the lack of the availability of coffee in the room, and we regret to hear that you experienced tension over coffee in the lobby. This allows us an opportunity to improve the guest experience.

Should you have the opportunity visit NYC again, we would be delighted to arrange your stay at favorable rates. When reserving through our website, you may use the promo code THANKS, or feel free to contact our Director of Revenue and Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, or speak to an Accommodations Specialist by calling 888.406.8588.

Amsterdam, Holland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just returned from a one-week stay in The Tuscany with my family and we had an amazing time. The hotel looks absolutely gorgeous and stylish after the renovation. Even though the hotel is quite big, it feels like a boutique hotel due to the personal touch. The staff is very friendly and helpful, always available for a nice chat. The location is as central as can be, walking distance to Times Square, the ESB, Fifth Avenue and Grand Central Station. The rooms are huge, spotless clean and beautifully decorated. The beds are perfect with soft and fluffy linens. The bathroom is very light, spacious and filled with delicious Molton Brown goodies. I love the walk-in closet, which makes the rooms feel even bigger. I had some special requests regarding the room (such as a view of the Chrysler building) and it was great to see that everything was taken care of prior to my arrival, thanks again to Patrick for arranging for this. I had a great stay in The Tuscany and would like to thank Shane, Orlando, David, Carlos, Jon and all others once again for their great service and friendliness. When I go back to NYC, I will definitely return to The Tuscany!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Chrysler building... amazing to wake up to!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Parveentje,

What a delight it was to read your review of The Tuscany! It was our pleasure to host you for a week, and we are so glad to hear that our staff made your stay extra special – I will be sharing your kind words with our associates. And we are always excited to learn that guests share our enthusiasm over our recent multi-million dollar renovation. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Although the Tuscany is undergoing renovations it is still a very cool hotel. Bed was huge and comfy. Shower was by far my favorite of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Water pressure and temperature were perfect coming from two huge shower heads. Location is central and definitely where I'll stay when I return.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Karolynagrl,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany! What a delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and especially that you enjoyed our bath amenities and spacious room. It would be our pleasure to arrange a future stay for you!

louisville
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at The Tuscany 4/11 - 4/16 and we were two couples traveling together with two rooms. The rooms were very large and the staff was very very friendly and accomodating. Our traveling companions asked for a refrigerator and one was brought promptly. The rooms we received were located on the same floor next to each which was very convenient for us. The staff was very helpful with places to go and how to get there. Besides being large, the rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I am a "hotel room" snob and i was very pleased.
Besides the staff and room, this hotel is in a great location. It is 3 blocks from Grand Central and we walked there everyday to catch the subway. We found a 24 hr diner (Scotty's) around the block on Lex and ate there several times because the food was great. A convenient store was located on the corner and we made several stops in there as well.
I am pretty low key and like a clean, comfortable room and a staff that appreciates that I am spending my money at their establisment. I am on vacation and I sleep late and as long as the do not disturb sign was on the door, we were not bothered. When we did leave for the day, the room was promptly made up. The only complaint I have is the noise was a little loud outside our room a couple of mornings with the noise of doors being "let go" to slam and not closed quietly. Not sure if this was other guests or staff. That was very minor and certainly happens everywhere so definitely not a deterent to a great stay.
I would recommend this hotel and location to anyone and will certainly go back on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear RobinA1164,

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review of The Tuscany! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious modern rooms. We think our multi-million dollar renovation has turned out magnificently, and we always love to hear that our guests agree! And when paired with the warm, personal service provided by our associates, The Tuscany creates great guest experiences just like yours. We certainly regret, however, that your stay was disrupted on a couple of mornings—we are working on a solution to our heavy doors.

Should you, your friends or colleagues have the opportunity to visit NYC again, we are delighted to arrange your next visit. Use the promo code THANKS when booking through our website, feel free to contact our Director of Revenue and Reservations at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, or speak to an Accommodations Specialist by calling 888.406.8588.

Sincerely