“Fresh and new (Feb 2013)”

The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel
Ranked #100 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just updated. this hotel is fresh, clean tidy and modern. Staff were very helpful and it was a good location in central Manhattan. Good for business traveler. Not amazing facilities (I did not use 2nd floor gym) - simple cafe in reception. Next to sister hotel St.Giles which offers all the extras you might need. Recommended! Thanks for a good stay guys :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DigitalAndyUK
Chris S, Front Office Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear DigitalAndyUK,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany, and we are delighted that we achieved “recommended” status! We pride ourselves on providing warm, personal service to guests, and it is gratifying to hear that you had that experience with us. Thank you also for bearing with us as we put the finishing touches on our multi-million dollar renovation. Audrey Café and Bar are now offering longer hours and more service.

Should you have the opportunity to visit New York City again this year, we are delighted to offer you favorable rates. When booking through our website, use the promo code THANKS. You may also reach out to our Reservations Director at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com or speak directly with an Accommodations Specialist at 888.406.8588.

Director of Front Office
chriss@stgilesnewyork.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,962)

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

So, I travel to Murray Hill for work a lot, and usually I day trip it from Philadelphia. About once a month I spend the night. When I stayed here I could ALMOST imagine myself as a metro-hip NYer living a posh lifestyle in a little known area of NY.

The rooms are HUGE by NY standards and modernly designed. Which, after a long hard days work - mostly shoved into conference rooms- is a big welcome.

If you are looking for a Kimpton style hotel without a Kimpton style price, in an area just far away enough from Times Square this is your place.

Negatives are that the fitness center has state-of-the-art equipment, but the room is clearly under renovation. Additionally, no complimentary coffee and the Aubrey cafe doesn't open until 7 am.

Loved it and will go back every time

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear slipin17,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany, and we are delighted that you found our newly renovated rooms to be a big welcome at the end of the day! We certainly appreciate your feeback on the fitness center, and regret that you did not find it up to the standards of other areas of the hotel. I am sharing your review with our engineering and housekeeping staff. While we are putting the finishing touches on our multi-million dollar renovation, we strive to ensure that all areas of the hotel are up to our - and our guests - standards.

Director of Front Office

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed for the first time at the Tuscany New York this past week. I can't wait to go back. The staff is friendly and helpful (particularly John and the desk staff). The room was beautifully appointed and comfortable. And whole place is very chic and the price is certainly right. It's a lovely space in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear skifastdf,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Tuscany. It is wonderful to hear that our Guest Service Team is leaving an impression, and I will be sharing your feedback directly with John and the Front Office. We also love to hear that our rooms and common areas are getting rave reviews!

Director of Guest Services

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have to travel into NYC to entertain from time to time and tend to stay the night and grab a moring train back to CT. Stayed there last night and we pleasantly suprised. The room was large and comfortable. Front desk staff were friendly. The only think I thought a bit strange is that they had a window unit for heating/cooling/ Fortunately weather was moderate so did not have to test how effecitive it was.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, Front Office Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Tuscany. We are so delighted to hear that you were pleasantly surprised, and that our friendly staff left an impression. Should you have the opportunity to travel to the City again, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at reservations@stgilesnewyork.com or 888.406.8588 for the best faborable rates. You may also use the promo code THANKS when booking directly through our website for special offers (reserve by 31 March 2013 for travel throughout the year).

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

So the last two weeks I had been looking for a new place bc my longtime other half told me not to reknew my lease because he thought he might be getting deployed to Afghanistan for the 5th time and we won't be needing out place on UES. So being slightly disheveled I walked into the st Giles and was warmly greeted, I stayed the first night at the court where they matched the lowest price online, in person. The court is gorgeous but busy. The next day upon needing to extend I was unable to and went over to the sister property at the Tuscany. After the girl behind the desk and the doorman took interest in me and as other young people in a much quieter lobby made me very comfortable while I fought with American Express over a hold release. After about two hours the doorman asked what was wrong I told him that the hold on mg card from the court wouldn't be released for 8 days, he immediately said he would see what they could do and called the manager who came over from the court and not only accommodated the hold he upgraded my room and gave me the lowest available price. They were so unbelievably kind it was surreal.

Then I saw the room, which I was personally walked up too by the manager. The room, located 3 Blocks from grand central, was huge. If I could move there I would. It's newly renovated with an enormous closet, the size of some manhattan apartments. With a price, service, and anything you need without problem.
While the hotel is still under renovation I didn't hear a thing during the day, was never disturbed by it, and even saw them allowing guests to switch to a new room, multiple times, to make them comfortable. I was paying by the day and they never gave me an issue about it, and I have an odd schedule working some nights and going to school other days. It was never st the same time
I was stupid in that I allowed my boyfriend to sleep in the room while I went to class and he smoked in the room, I was kindly and regrettably it seemed asked to pay the fee for smoking which I did. As well as for the new hairdresser who came to my room and got hair dye on the carpet. (Totally 450$ with both fines) I was more than happy to pay, however painful it was, I was truly embarrassed for the trouble.

The 3-4 people who work the shifts at the 24 hour desk are so friendly, I spent time talking to two girls in particular Ayesha (sp?) and Nevia (sp?) who are truly the sweetest people. Ayesha knows more about my personal life than she probably wanted to by now. 8 nights later I am checking out tomorrow morning and if I haven't made it clear

This is by far the most pleasant warm atmosphere, striving to please, working to accommodate and assuring each guest is personally taken care of.

You need to stay here!!
They're also the biggest rooms you'll find in manhattan under 300$ a night minimum.

And last thing
They "free high speed wifi"
Is extremely fast.

Thanks for an amazing stay and making a tough week the best it could've been
-Amanda R

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mandirichman
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Tuscany is a great hotel, the welcome from the staff was warm and friendly. The hotel had recently been renovated, the room was very large for a New York hotel with great bedding, large flat screen TV and nice lighting. The bathroom was also large with a big shower
The location is also very good, close the Grand Central station, local restaurants, 10 minute walk to Time Square, Would choose this hotel again and recommend to friends

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Front Office Manager at The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Keith C,

Thank you so much for your kind words, and for sharing your recent experience of The Tuscany. We strive to provide warm and friendly service, so we are delighted to hear that was reflected in your stay with us.

Should you or your friends need accommodations in New York City throughout this year, please contact reservations at reservations@stgilesnewyork.com or 888.406.8588 and use the code THANKS for special rates and offers.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Can't fault this hotel at all, even though there is still some work going on to finish the refurbishment on other floors. Didn't disrupt our stay in any way. Hotel room was spacious and the bed was just so comfortable. Bathroom was great too, with an amazing shower. There is also a small area for dressing next to a large walk in wardrobe, which held a safe and enough room to put cases (so as they are not cluttering up the room). All the staff that we met were pleasant, polite and chatty. Always asking if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything they could help us with.
There is going to be a bar within the hotel, but this wasn't finished while we were there. No coffee either, but there is Scotty's diner just round the corner which has great coffee & hot chocolate so it wasn't really an issue for us.
Hotel has a great location. Just minutes away from Grand Central so easy access to the subway for wherever you wanted to go. Also within close walking distance to a lot of big attractions, Times Square, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Plaza. Our room was to the back of the hotel so we didn't notice if there was any traffic noise coming from Lexington Ave or the construction work going on around.
If we do go back to New York (which i hope is soon) I'd go back to the Tuscany without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann J

Dear Ann J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience of The Tuscany. We are delighted to you enjoyed our spacious Studios and rainforest showers! We regret that we were not able to accommodate your dining needs while you were with us, but we are excited to share that Audrey Cafe & Bar is now open serving light fare througout the day and crafting expert cocktails after dark.

As an expression of our thanks and appreciation, if you find yourself in need of accommodations in New York City again this year, please contact our reservations department at reservations@stgilesnewyork.com or 888.406.8588 and use the code THANKS for special rates and offers.

Thank you!