I am surprised by the number of positive reviews, which (along with location) led me to book a stay.
* Boutique feel - nothing has changed from its days as a W
* Good sized rooms
* Nothing has changed from its days as a W. Rooms are badly in need of updating! Showers/bathtubs showing serious signs of wear. Room as a whole had a musty odor.
* Staff nice and casual but not particularly professional which is a problem if you have a more than basic request.
* Overall NOT pleasant in current state and I suggest looking elsewhere until the planned renovations occur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel- emerged from a multi-million dollar renovation in 2013 as New York's latest luxury destination. The Tuscany's 124 rooms are amongst the most spacious accommodations you will find in Manhattan. Fabulous features include: hardwood entryways in all rooms, corner studios with an abundance of natural light and multiple suites with signature views of the Chrysler and Empire State Buildings. The plush decor creates warmth and invokes classic New York paired with modern amenities, including Molton Brown bath products, complimentary WiFi and rainforest showerheads in glass-enclosed showers. The Tuscany also boasts an in-house fitness center that features state-of-the-art exercise equipment. Open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Reserve today and rediscover New York City luxury at The Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Giles - The Tuscany New York Hotel New York City
- w New York City
- w Hotels The Tuscany