“Great Little Hotel”

IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #247 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here during a weekend in the city. Free happy hour is awesome & the hotel staff was very friendly. Quick walk to Grand Central makes it easy to get around - Yankee Stadium & Citi Field are just 20 minutes by train.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

As we stayed a while I have split this review into a few components to try and cover the elements that would be important to different types of traveller. I have been to NY in business more times than I can remember but this was a first 'family' trip so I think I will review slightly differently from normal

At check in we were a little early and unsurprisingly our rooms (we booked 2 a double/double and a king premier) so we were asked to come bad after 3 which was fine, when we got back though the rooms were not ready and we did have to wait another 30 mins, not bad but soon rectified with some comp breakfast vouchers and a credit for the minibar which was nice.

The rooms were great, a lot of comments I red said these were small rooms, well clearly they haven't stayed in NYC regularly as the double double was absolutely fine and the king premier was huge by NY standards and I have stayed in 5-10 other NY hotels so can truly compare

The concierge service was exceptional, Christopher in particular gets a special mention as he was so helpful, printing things for me and giving great advice on bookings and recommendations when we needed them, really nice to have someone who truly cared about the guests.

The one down side was breakfast, even as complimentary I felt cheated, the staff were grouchy and when I asked for juice other than orange (which I don't like) I was told a flat NO even though they had a bar so a pineapple or other option was easily available, the next day there was no jam (jelly) and again the attitude was tough none there so none available, at this point I did complain to the manager who offered to refund us but as it was comp that was not the issue, then when returning to the silver leaf tavern they had run out of croissants so when asking for more I was growled at but at least some more were added which was good! My advice is don't waste your time eating there and find a local deli (not Pershing which is super expensive and designed to grab the tourists) there are plenty of others locally to choose from.

Back to the good stuff, convenience is perfect 3 mins from Grand Central, everything in easy walking distance (don't do cabs as with NY traffic it is quicker to walk anyway) and enjoy the location for what it is, great!

After 5 days we had to leave but I think for the price (which is not at bad for NY hotels) the overall service, the reception and concierge service and the rooms I would highly recommend a stay at 70 Park Avenue and will be back again (business or pleasure)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nick T
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a perfect location - close to everything but in a quiet location on Park avenue - we managed to walk to a lot of the sights - no need for transport. The hotel seemed good value compared to other local hotels and we were prepared - however the rooms are spacious and super comfortable and there are all the Kimpton touches - great staff - fruit, water and newspapers always available - highly recommended for a visit to the big apple!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I took my wife for her birthday to NYC. Her girlfriend who frequents the city recommended the hotel and we found a great deal online. We had an amazing view of the Empire State Building from our room which had a king size bed and a tiny NYC bathroom. The hotel is centrally located just a few blocks from Grand Central Station and within walking distance to Time Square. There was fresh water with lemon and/or oranges in the lobby and a wine happy hour for hotel guest. They even allow pets and had treats and water for your pups. Had a great time in the city and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Great stay, great location we walked everywhere in midtown. Kevin and Christopher at the concierge desk took great care of us on our birthdays which were two days apart. They also did a fantastic job securing great reservations for us for dinners that were exactly what we were looking for. Front desk staff were very professional as well. The only thing I can say that could use improving was the housekeeping cart was in the middle of the 3rd floor hallway for all three days we were there. It may be because of the awkward floor plan that has stairs on the floor. Maybe find another closet to keep that stuff out of sight? Other than that, well done 70 Park! We will return for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was exactly what we want and expected...a boutique hotel without the stuck up vibe. A girlfriend and I spent 2 nights at 70 Park Ave and loved it. Upon checking in, we were greeted with the nightly happy hour with an ok wine selection. (kudos to the woman who organizes it, I understand she is a sommelier). The rooms were great and really who spends any time in their hotel room in NYC? Maria and Evelyn at the front desk were extremely helpful. The location was close to lots of attractions. Walk one block to Madison for any required Duane Reade or variety store.

Room Tip: Room 1615 is excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had stayed at Kimpton's in Boston and DC and thought what the heck with the deal of a price I found online. 70 Park is within walking distance to Grand Central Station and many other key areas of the city. The rooms were nice, the usual Kimpton trendy. The bathrooms were VERY small. I loved the location and the staff will definitely be going back on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple