4,296 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 11, 2013

...In every possible way. Location: next to a gentleman's club. Not safe. They have a "guard" who never even checks hotel keys of people walking in. Room: where to begin. Stained sheets, exposed wires, mold in the fridge, grime everywhere, walls so thin I could hear the elevator coming from floors away, smelled disgusting, no hot water for shower. Not to mention the room hadn't even been cleaned from the previous tenant when they let us go in. No phone, soap was so old it crumbled when I opened the package, and the shampoo was half used. Staff: only interaction was two different people saying "what do you want" to me when when I checked in, then checked out. I can't believe the place has not been shut down for health reasons. Contacted numerous people about the terrible stay asking for a refund or some kind of compensation - no luck so far.

Room tip: Don't use the convenience store downstairs. Make sure you are aware of your surroundings when entering and exiting the hotel for safety.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank R C
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was very traumatic the experience at this hotel. It looked like a horror movie. Room dirty, sheets with stains and smelled really bad. Ar conditioning making loud noise.
My sister called the front desk to ask for clean sheets and they were extremely rude, hang up the phone on her. Later on, a very scary guy that looked like an UFC fighter just knocked on her door and threw the sheets on her. It was the most disrespectful experience ever. For the price, we couldn't complain that much. If you plan not spend money, stay there. Just bring extra sheets for your room and be prepared.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel for a decent room.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank DeborahFerragini
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location at Times Square in 43 st. Is not a luxury hotel but just for stay at nights and make tourism at Manhattan it's ok. The first night when we get at the room it doesn't has light but the hotel offer us a better room quickly. The only problem with the new room was that the heater does't work very good.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Imeth P
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Woke up to a roach in the morning. Started looking around and found 2 more roaches the size of my thumb in my room in 15 min. Went to the front desk and changed rooms and insisted they spray the new room before we entered. Packed all my stuff and went to the new room. Then the room key doesn't work so I try to go back to my old room and that key doesn't work either. Go downstairs again and get in the room finally. After being completely skieved out I go to take a shower. Guess what no hot water. Do not stay here!

Date of stay: March 2013
7  Thank Sublimedove80
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hotel Carter is definitely an average hotel. If you are high maintanance, fufu, or just plain out picky... stay away. But if you are humble, and dont need much, then this is the place for you. My sister and I stayed here because it was the only hotel available at last minute, and we decided to give it a shot. We were pleasantly surprised! The doorman was sweet, the concierge was very helpful, hotel was clean, and I loved that the elevator was VERY FAST! We stayed on the 11th floor, and from the lobby we got easily to our room in less than 30 seconds!! Crazy! Prepare to bring cash to purchase water or snacks in the vending machine in the lobby, very inexpensive. Our room was perfect for us. Our room was clean, the bathroom was clean too, and the bed was super comfy. Housekeeping came and tending to our room as well.. restocked our towels and soaps, etc. I also went to the lobby and got more pillows, without any problem. The best part?? IT IS IN TIME SQUARE!!!!! Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2013