Hotel Carter
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$130
$98
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$143
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$215
$173
$144
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$186
$134
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
4,297 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Woke up to a roach in the morning. Started looking around and found 2 more roaches the size of my thumb in my room in 15 min. Went to the front desk and changed rooms and insisted they spray the new room before we entered. Packed all my stuff and went to the new room. Then the room key doesn't work so I try to go back to my old room and that key doesn't work either. Go downstairs again and get in the room finally. After being completely skieved out I go to take a shower. Guess what no hot water. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Sublimedove80
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hotel Carter is definitely an average hotel. If you are high maintanance, fufu, or just plain out picky... stay away. But if you are humble, and dont need much, then this is the place for you. My sister and I stayed here because it was the only hotel available at last minute, and we decided to give it a shot. We were pleasantly surprised! The doorman was sweet, the concierge was very helpful, hotel was clean, and I loved that the elevator was VERY FAST! We stayed on the 11th floor, and from the lobby we got easily to our room in less than 30 seconds!! Crazy! Prepare to bring cash to purchase water or snacks in the vending machine in the lobby, very inexpensive. Our room was perfect for us. Our room was clean, the bathroom was clean too, and the bed was super comfy. Housekeeping came and tending to our room as well.. restocked our towels and soaps, etc. I also went to the lobby and got more pillows, without any problem. The best part?? IT IS IN TIME SQUARE!!!!! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danita V
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Let's face it. The hotel is old and only has cosmetic updates to it. But you can't get this close to Times Square for the price. Our room had a huge king size bed. The sheets were clean, no bugs. For some reason the closet was almost as big as the bathroom. The headboard looked new while the night table was old with no handle. The bathroom was clean except for the rust around the drain in the tub. The air conditioner worked poorly but it was September so the temperature outside was great. The front desk staff were average and the guy handling the luggage storage was very friendly. The elevators were fast moving. Had to go to the end of the block to find a cab. Stay here if you travel on the cheap or with some friends. I might not stay here if I had young children.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gryffyd
Reviewed February 21, 2013

They say first impressions are everything..Well if your body does not tingle or cringe when you first walk into the lobby of this hotel, then you would love the Bates Hotel. At first I really tried to over look my feelings, after checking into my room, I had a panic attack of feeling unsafe, so I checked right the Hell out of there!!! Thank God for charge cards...lol, And YES you do have the right to judge a book by its cover!!!

Room Tip: Do not check in!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank 545VM1
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Don't stay here if you are planning to shower. Don't stay here if you are planning to sleep. if you choose to stay here be sure to place all your belongings on the furniture and away from the walls. Do not take any food into your room unless you are planning to feed the bugs. I read all the reviews and thought I was prepared for what I experienced....NOT!

Room Tip: There are no words. Expect the absolute worst so you are not that disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends