The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$297
$267
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
  • Room Service
All reviewsupper east sidebemelmans barelevator operatorelevator attendantscentral parktower roomnew yorkmadison avenuehardwood floorsclassic hotelelevator servicepublic areasfour seasonshome away from homeliving roomrooms are comfortablewe've stayed
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My sister and I stayed for two nights. While the renovated bathroom was small and not particularly luxurious, the room was a good size, with lots of storage space and nice furnishings. It was very quiet.
Breakfast is extremely expensive, but a very nice treat. For a tea lover, it was great to get good quality tea leaves in a proper pot. Service was very good. after breakfast we asked to see the famous bar with its murals by Bemelman (of the children's Madeleine books), and were given a private tour.
The atmosphere of this hotel is rather European - understated, not glitzy, but a very pleasant respite in such a busy city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

On behalf of the entire hotel, I would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York. I’m happy that we served as a pleasant respite for you and your sister during your trip to the city. I can only hope that we will see you both again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Every December we travel to NYC for a long weekend. For the last four years we have gone to the Café Carlyle for the Tyrell show and always lamented that we should stay at the hotel. We stayed this year at the Hotel and it was fantastic! The room was great and the service was top notch. Plus there is no better bar to hang out in than Bemelman's. The breakfast buffet was great. Very old school in the dining room. I would not suggest showing up for breakfast after taking a walk in casual/workout wear. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I would first like to thank you for your continued support of the Café Carlyle. I am also so excited that you not only were able to experience the hotel but that you had a wonderful your stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back this December on your next long weekend to New York.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Love that they have elevator operators and doorman! Front desk is great and so is the maid service and room service! Only complaint-the service in the dining room and bar is awful. The waiters, waitresses, bar tenders just awful. Great rooms but eat somewhere else!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank gymtandrink

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you received in our food and beverage outlets. These issues are inexcusable and I have reviewed your comments with our entire food and beverage team.

If you would like to discuss the issue further, we would be honored to speak with you. You may ask for my office directly or reach out to our Director of Operations, Massimiliano Puglisi, at +212 570 7163 or massimiliano.puglisi@rosewoodhotels.com.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed for four nights for a long weekend. This hotel was exceptionally quiet. I never heard a peep from the hallways or any other rooms. Spacious rooms (for NYC) and clean, with lovely bathroom. I appreciated having a hotel away from the bustle of Times Square, but still within easily reachable distance. Loved that Central Park was literally steps away. Very good coffee available in the mornings. Disappointing that WiFi service was not included in the cost of the room. I felt slightly uncomfortable in this hotel lobby but can't put my finger on why.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany B

I very much agree with you regarding our location as it allows you to be able to step away from the hustle and bustle of the city and unwind while strolling through Central Park. Also, I would like to thank you for staying with us back in July and for your feedback regarding the pricing of our WiFi. Your opinion is essential to this hotel’s overall success.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Second time we visited Carlyle and still nothing to complain about. It must be the absolut best hotel in NYC. Friendly staff, superb breakfast and wonderful bar. And of course Cafe Carlyle with Woody Allen playing jazz on mondays, don t miss it!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HeleneSweden

We love welcoming back our guests and cannot begin to thank you for not only the kind words but for your support as well. We hope to see you again very soon.