Room 206: The room was small (approx 12' x 20') yet presentable. Beds, room and service were great. However because this was a smoking room, carpet felt strange beneath naked feet. The window had little light coming from the tiny courtyard-like space. Front desk service was great when room cards needed reprogramming. Free breakfast consisted of orange and apple juices, coffee and tea, cereal, bread, muffins, Danish, waffle maker.
We stayed Wednesday through Sunday. We are non-smokers and stayed in a smoking room due no availability. On Friday evening, we smelled Marijuana in the hallway. Room 206 is surrounded by elevators, so the smell came from the nearby room. On Saturday night and Sunday night we could smell cigarettes. I could not sleep properly due to smell. I tried turning on washroom fan and A/C to full blast but to no avail. I did not know that Me, my wife and my young kids would have to deal with second hand smoke...I blame building for poor circulation-- it's old.
The refrigerator in our room did not work. Our room had two twin beds and a small couch (loveseat) that was a pull out but no mattress within. I had registered only 2 of my 3 kids since it's hard to get any hotel that accommodates 2 adult and 3 kids.
This booking was a cost saving measure on my part. We made use of the sofa cushions onto floor and made our extra "bed". The location is superb for a reasonable price. It is walking distance to shops, to subway, Broadway, Penn (NYP) Station, Empire State Building.
Aside from alcoholics nearby and smell of urine on street, and the faint sawing and hammering we heard in our hotel room during our second night at 1 am, it was an ok stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moderately priced, centrally located hotel in the heart of Manhattan, Chelsea district - 10 minute walk to Empire State Building and located close to almost all major subways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Heritage Hotel New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Chelsea Nyc
- Comfort Inn Chelsea New York City
- Comfort Inn New York City
- New York City Comfort Inn