“Location Location Location”

Heritage Hotel New York City
Ranked #377 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is great location. I thought the bed was comfortable but daughter thought mattress was too springy. Plenty of room for an affordable New York hotel for 4. Room was quiet. Breakfast was fine. Love the waffles. Nice selection especially eggs and sausage.The staff maintained the eggs, sausage and waffles, with only 20-30 minutes left of service. They have two elevators both were slow. Subway stations are at 23th st and also 28th. In no time we were at Times Square, Central Park, Museums, shopping, Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building. The staff was very knowable. The Eataly is around the corner. It is a must to visit. Also try Shake Shack for hamburgers.

Room Tip: Room 1101 is next to elevator but is quiet. Two beds and small sofa
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Location, location, location…This hotel exceeded my expectations. It is safe to say all rooms in this hotel are not created equal. I think we got one of the best rooms. We faced the street directly across from a cathedral and we had a view of the Empire State Building just slightly off to the side – very nice. It may have made a difference that we made our reservations early, stayed four nights and are members of the hotel’s frequent quest program. Having the breakfast buffet is a plus because it is NYC and visitors have lots to do.

We were able to walk to our Broadway play and nearby restaurants. Subways are very close by as well. We took a taxi from LaGuardia airport but I did see that one can take an airport shuttle. We took one other taxi but then used the subway or walked to where we wanted to go. I used to live in the City so I am somewhat familiar with the subway routes but I think an adventurous person could figure out the subway system.

One pleasant surprise was that one well-known food store, Fairway Market, has a location just around the corner from the hotel. It has prepared food in addition to healthy, grocery selections. Note that sometimes it is crowded because I think it is a local favorite. Luckily, right across the street from Fairway is another small store, Sunac fancy food, which also has prepared food and we enjoyed snacks there as well.

Another convenience was a nearby dry cleaner, Digital Cleaners on West 26th St. I had one item, I prepaid and they delivered it to the hotel the next day. (I love New York.)

Staff was great. Regarding the hotel room I expected “okay” and got “very nice.” Note we did have a door to what could be an adjoining room but we didn't hear any noise until the last day and it wasn't a big deal. We’d definitely stay at Comfort Inn Chelsea again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here with some family upon a recent vacation to NYC. The hotel is in a great central location and is close to the subway so getting around the city is easy. The staff here were great and they went above and beyond to provide excellent service. One day we were trying to buy tickets online for the 911 Memorial and Museum and the computers in the business center happened to be down. The staff went out of their way to process the transaction for us on the hotel computer behind the desk, which they certainly didn't have to do. Everyone was friendly and helpful. There were 6 of us and we had two adjoining rooms and one bathroom. The beds were comfortable and we really didn't hear much street noise at all. We had a great view of the Empire State Building too, which made it extra nice. It's not the fanciest hotel, but they do keep it up and keep it clean. It was just what we needed for a family vacation and we were glad to be able to all stay together in one room. We had a fridge in the room too so that came in handy to keep drinks and snacks cool. The free breakfast was also a nice extra and one of the reasons we chose this hotel in the first place. Overall, we had a great stay here and I would definitely stay here again upon my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Moderately priced good location. Breakfast was ok. Sausage was nasty. It irritated me that I paid what I did but yet they wanted to charge me to use the computer? They wanted to charge me per minute and per page printed out? Not good business.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The location is good near almost everything that you need. The internet works all time! The breakfast is an american one, but it's ok. You have many options to choose. The room is ok and clean. The staff is rally helpfull.

Room Tip: I was at 5th floor and it's ok.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great little hotel. Service is perfectly fine. It's not the best or most modern hotel I have stayed in New York but it was definitely the largest (Room 606). Two doubles, a pull out couch, small fridge and plenty of room to get ready, particularly when sharing. Room was quiet, even though we were beside two elevators. The location is between two subway stations and close to both trader joe's and another grocery store for in-room refreshments. TIPS: For wine, I would head to the Chelsea Wine Cellar @ W.21st and 7th. They have a good selection and decent prices. If you plan on using the subway more than 6 times, buy an unlimited 30 day ride car for $30. Check out EATALY. It is right beside the flatiron building and houses great restaurants, a roof top bar and gelateria.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights for a convention. The location of the hotel cannot get any better. Everything else very close to the hotel and it was so easy to get around. The hotel itself was nice, clean and accommodating. Our room had two double beds, a sofa and it had plenty of room for us and our luggage. There was a great air conditioner which doubled as a noise filter, because our room was pretty much sound-proof. The bathroom was a bit small but the shower was great and everything functioned very well. No issues at all. There was a mini-fridge in the room along with an iron and a full sized ironing board.
I would definitely stay here again if visiting NY because you cannot beat the location and the price.
The breakfast was not too bad - you can definitely find something to satisfy you unless you are just completely never satisfied anyway. Fresh fruit, yogurt, hot waffle press, sausage, eggs, hard-cooked eggs, excellent endless coffee and juice. And the sitting room was nice.
The staff was very nice and they were cleaning all the time.

Room Tip: The rooms with two double beds and sofa is what we had and we found that they were a decent size, co...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business