Two of us travelled to this hotel from Canada from Sept 9-13th 2012 in order for my partner to read names at the 9/11 memorial. The only thing we had done was read some reviews about this hotel and knew very little else about the area so were quite nervous about staying here as some of the reviews weren't too "upbeat". We were absolutely THRILLED with what we found.
Yes, it's a small hotel. Yes the rooms are small. What do you expect for under $300.00 a night in downtown Manhattan? Yes, there is a bit of construction (there is a light at the end though...they are almost done). Our room was spotless, the halways small but spotless, the lobby the same, as was the breakfast room which can sit up to 35 people at a time (I counted chairs because several complained it was so small.) Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn---all you need to start your day. Coffee, toast scrambled eggs, bagels, cereal, waffles, fruit, yogurt etc. If you want Eggs Benedict, stay at a Four Seasons.
We can't thank the staff enough for being as outgoing as they were. The concierge(s) helped us on several occasions, the front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried, and the info they had on the area/restraunts etc was superb!
We had a king bed with two end tables, a desk, wardrobe, bar fridge, coffee maker, 42 inch flat screen, in room free wifi, and fresh towels/coffee daily. Air conditioning was just fine too. Yes, the bathroom was small, but just how much time do you need to spend in a bathroom? It's not like you are sleeping in there! The view looked at another building, but if we'd wanted a "view" we would have stayed on Central Park.
We could walk EVERYWHERE in a very short period of time. And we walked from the World Trade Centre memorial back in about 45 minutes. Madison Square Park is 1 minute around the corner, "Eatily" is 3 minutes away, subway the same...what more do you need?
We are definitely happy about this hotel, it's location, the staff, cleanliness---everything that we encountered. And we have travelled a great deal all over the US, Canada, Carribean. Would DEFINITELY stay here again...could've stayed at a high-end hotel but why when we were just there to sleep? Don't hesitate to book into this gem of a place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moderately priced, centrally located hotel in the heart of Manhattan, Chelsea district - 10 minute walk to Empire State Building and located close to almost all major subways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Hotel New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Chelsea Nyc
- Comfort Inn Chelsea New York City
- Comfort Inn New York City
- New York City Comfort Inn