“PERFECTION”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #45 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 4, 2011

From start to finish, The Iroquois could not have been better. It started with a lovely reservationist (capable and pleasant), fabulous front desk, wonderful concierge (Alan!!), perfect room service (Benny!!!) as well as kind,considerate and capable bellman.
Our room was not huge but it was clean and well-appointed.SOOOOOOO CLEAN!!! I love that!!! We managed to get reservations for dinner at Po even though it was restaurant week in NYC...the whole trip was perfect with thanks to the professional staff at The Iroquois and the excellent food at Po.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay at the Iroquois. I am grateful you mentioned our many departments that combined made your hotel experience so wonderful. I am quite proud we have an extremely knowledgable in-house reservations department, a consistently caring and accommodating front office staff, a hard working concierge service that exceeds expectations, a meticulous housekeeping department, and a restaurant that provides supurb room service. Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back soon. Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2011

Don't get me wrong, the Iroquios is a great hotel in an excellent location on 44th st. It's just that the little things weren't quite nailed and it's often those little things that make the difference between a good hotel and an excellent one.
My business colleagues stayed at the Morgans group's Royalton across the street at the same price which although much hipper and up to date than the Iroquios was more of a scene (and a potentially noisier one at that).
On the con side:
- I arrived an hour earlier than check-in time so they may have rushed my room cleaning, particularly the vacuuming. When I checked into my room after 3pm, I nearly stepped on a safety pin embedded in the carpet and at a closer look found other small plastic objects in the carpet, so clearly vacuuming wasn't adequate.
-I booked a wake up call which didn't happen
-The bathrooms are a little tired
-There was a wall safe in the room (which is a pro!) attached to an exterior wall. The door was wide open and I couldn't figure out how to close it. As it was at shin height blocking the walkway to the bathroom I had to wedge a lamp up against it to prevent injury.
Pro's:
-The beds are heavenly! Soooo comfortable and topped with plush feather duvets.
-Staff are friendly
-the Gilly espresso at the Triomphe restaurant (which is part of the hotel ) is so good it's up to European standards!
-My room was very quiet - not a sound heard.
-wireless internet is free

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

Dear Roo15,

Thank you for detailed review of our property and please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered with your room in your recent stay. This is definitely not the standard of service of the Iroquois Hotel. We take great pride in providing all our guests with the very highest quaility of service from the time you check in to when you depart.
After further review, I'm confident in saying that this was difinitely an isolated incident. All of our guest rooms go through the strictest of inspections from our Housekeeping Supervisor before they become available to our guests. The issues in which you mention in your review are being addressed by our Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to assure they do not happen again.
We look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future and to have you experience why so many of our valued guests consider us "A home away from home".
It would be my pleasure to assist you with any questions or inquiries you may have.

Warmest Regards,
Antonio Alfama
Director of Front Office

Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband surprised me with an overnight for my birthday and from the moment we walked into the hotel I knew it was going to be a great night. The staff are warm, welcoming and helpful - from the front desk to the bellman to the concierge everyone was highly professional. Our room was just fabulous - we stayed in 903 which is a Presidential Suite. I have traveled extensively on business over the years and I have to say this is one of the most comfortable rooms that I have ever stayed in. Not only is the room well appointed and very tasteful, the hotel's location on a street rather than an avenue resulted in a much lower level of street noise than you typically get in a large city. The location is also a great starting point for getting around the city - access to all the major subway lines requires only a walk of a few blocks. We will definitly being staying here again and I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

I am so happy we helped give you a special night. Our Presidential Suite along with our 8 One Bedroom Suites are perfect for a special dose of indulgence. And I really appreciate your description of the suites as "well-appointed", "comfortable" and "quiet". We will look forward to welcoming you back and thanks again. -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stayed here on Jan 29th, 2011 and I can tell you for sure that I will back at this Hotel. The staff is amazing from Rocky and Eddie who greet you at the door right up to Erin who serves you with a smile at the Bar. This is literally the most Central location you could pick for any evening in Manhattan. On the ride to the hotel, you pass right by all of the major shows and classic Broadway settings. Then you arrive and are greeted by one of the friendliest doormen in the city. You walk into a great classic NY lobby, with beautiful marble floors and fantastic dark wood trim everywhere. There is even an extremely inviting library right in the lobby, as I was a bit pressed for time I did not get to fully check it out, but will be enjoying a cup of coffee or a cocktail there upon my next stay for sure. The rooms were immaculate with a personal note from the management waiting for us. All in all, I can't think of one thing to complain about, except maybe for the cold weather. Oh and the elevator located in the back of the lobby is faster than the one located in the front. I can't wait to plan another evening in the city and stay at the Iroquois.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I will be sure to share your flattering remarks to Rocky, Eddie, and Erin, and we hope to serve you that cocktail/ cup of coffee in our library shortly. Thanks again. -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Please forgive the spelling. Consegies (merely a guess) Alan made our trip one of a life time. His most kind help and his natural fiendly nature was one of the hotels best assests. The entire staff could not have been better. The rooms were just the right mixture of up scale cozy and historical presence.

I asure anyone you can not find a finer establishment that will cater to your every need, only different ones.

Thank you Alan and the enitre staff. From this point forward you are now my New York Address. Please hold my mail I will see in 4 weeks.

Mike Zachary
Jacksonville, Florida

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Zachary,
I am delighted to know you enjoyed yourself so much here. Our concierge Alan has become a great asset to our team, and I know he and everyone else will look forward to welcoming you back soon! Take care, Caroline Lakin

Reviewed January 26, 2011

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only negative is the elevators are a little slow. Great location

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2011

Thank you for reflecting on your recent stay at the Iroquois. We are constantly looking at ways we can better your experience here, and these Trip Advisor reviews show us opportunity for improvement. I am happy to inform we will be making system updates this year to improve the speed of our elevators. I am glad you enjoyed your suite accomodation, and we hope to welcome you back soon. -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2011

My 12 year-old daughter and I returned to the Iroquois for our 2nd annual mother/daughter weekend, and had a wonderful time. You couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful staff! Upon arrival we were informed that they selected a larger room for us knowing that we weren't 100% thrilled with our smaller room last year. The concierge was wonderful! I sent an email a week before our arrival asking for suggestions on places to visit and information on where to find my daughter's favorite ice cream. He responded within 12 hours and even followed up with more suggestions a day later. The doormen were always smiling when we ran into or out from the cold, and offering to get us transportation or sending us off in the correct direction when hoofing it down the street. Yes, the rooms are boutique in size, but they are spotless and the bedding is luxurious. My 12 year-old did not want to leave the cozy bed with it comforter and huge pillows. Location is awesome, easy to get to everything! As for price, it allowed this mom/daughter to enjoy NYC without breaking the bank. Coming back next year!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonas91

I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. I will be sure to share with Alan, our concierge your appreciation for his help. Thank you for letting us be apart of your special annual Mother/Daughter trip, and we will look forward to welcoming you back next year!