“A Classic, Boutique Hotel That Feels Like Home"”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #45 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 4, 2010

In decades of travel I have rarely found such warm, welcoming, accommodating service! From a personal greeting at the check-in desk (especially appreciated after a delayed flight, late arrival, and driver who had dropped me at the wrong hotel!), to a bellman (Arial) who remembered my name, to the desk clerk (Iva) who let me stay a few minutes over after an important business meeting, to the concierge (Nick) who arranged my return trip to Laguardia, to Arial's farewell at the departing limo, all of the service was personal and with a smile. When I called two weeks later to ask for a receipt copy, they remembered the details of my work in NY and faxed the receipt within minutes.

The room and bath were completely refurbished, comfortable, and quiet, though a tad small if you had two people staying. My room service breakfast came just on time, based on my requiest the previous evening. It was more than ample, with a huge bowl of ceral, fresh fruit, and giant bagle. The Iroquois' location is superb, just a few blocks from MOMA and all of the delights of 5th Avenue. My business meeting was near the East River, about a mile and a half away, and an easy cab ride. Do allow extra time, however, if you are in that part of town when the UN General Assembly is in session, as it was when I visited. Gridlock does occur!

After my business meeting, I had an entire afternoon to roam the city. When I returned, I settled in the hotel's cozy library to check my flight on the computers and print out my boarding pass. I then settled down to read the paper until my airport limo arrived.

My only complaint was that the room AC could not be controlled by the guest, but the bellman came up and closed the vents so that cold air would not circulate all night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2010

Thank you very much for your favorable review of the Iroquois. We know the small details make a positive difference in our guests' stays, and we are please these details were not overlooked by you. We hope to welcome you back shortly.
Regards,
Caroline Lakin
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2010

The Iroquois is one of the few hotels we were able to find that would allow smoking in the room. This, along with the location of the hotel, was the reason we booked this hotel. The price of the room is a little more than we typically spend but it was worth it. The rooms are small and our room didn't offer a view, but that was expected given the hotel is located amidst high rise buildings. Luxurious and unbelievably comfortable bed, robes and towels. Lovely amenities, including the complimentary bottle of wine and chocolate truffles left for us the first evening. Each additional evening add'l chocolates were left with turn down service. Staff very friendly. Doorman always there! Concierge service helpful but my only advice would be that the girl in concierge should want to help and offer suggestions to travelers in NYC but I felt as though I was an annoyance and a bother (didn't care though -- she was getting paid to do a job). The maps were very helpful and gave good suggestions how to navigate the city. Superb trip, superb city - oh so much to do. I will return! dts and dvd

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We loved our stay at the Iroquois Hotel. So close to Central Station & Times Square as well as great restaurants and parks. I loved the feeling of the smaller hotel - the small room was tastefully decorated, the linens were high quality, the staff were all pleasant and we felt it was great value for our money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We stayed at the Iroquois for our honeymoon and were warmly greeted by Bill the doorman who showed us to our room and recommended the Red Flame Diner next door for breakfast. Breakfast was very expensive at the hotel so the diner was a good (and much cheaper) option. Although they are quite small the rooms are very comfortable and the beds nice and cozy...you get chocolates on your pillow each night too which is a nice touch. Free internet access is good too, especially as we were then the volcanic ash disrupted flights and we needed to rebook our flight back home. All the staff there were welcoming and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Although The Iroquois is minutes away from Times Square you wouldn't know it, it was peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel on two occasions, firstly with friends and the second time with my partner. Firstly the location of this hotel is excellent, just a short walk from times square and with many very nice restaurants in the area.

The rooms by new york standards are of moderate size, view from the rooms is really dependent on the type of room you book. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms have great showers and were spotless on both occasions.

The only thing that we found disappointing on both occasions was the hotel bar, perhaps we were just unlucky but on two occasions it did seem that we were intruding on the staff having a catch up and as it was uncomfortable for us to be there we left to go to another bar nearby.

Overall this hotel is very well located with very nice confortable rooms and polite staff. It may be worthwhile joining their members club as you do get extra perks with this.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Would have no hesitation in using this hotel again. All staff were very courteous, helpful and professional. Room although slightly on the small side was clean, comfortable, flat screen TV and bathroom had quality Molton Brown toiletries. Turn down service and chocolates were nice each evening. Bed was extremely comfortable and didn't notice any noise at night at all.
Location was excellent for 5th Avenue shopping and Times Square. All in all was very satisfied with the Iroquios and would stay there again when visiting the city.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I stayed for 5 nights with my mum at The Iroquois and we both loved this hotel very much. We had a slight problem with our first room in that it was very noisy and my mum couldn't sleep but the front desk staff were very understanding and changed our room straight away after a long restless night.

The staff were very friendly and all looked after us very well.

The rooms were both great (albeit the first was a little noisy for my mum), mini bar was well stocked and I loved the small touches of the Molton Brown products in the bathroom, the turn down service where chocs and next days weather was left on your pillow and the free complimentary New york Times.

We ate breakfast the first morning at the hotel, wee bit expensive but was lovely so was worth the $55 dollars.

I would highly recommend and thank you The Iroquois for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family