“Nice hotel in good location”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Indiana
“Nice hotel in good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed in an executive king room during our stay at the Iroquois last spring. Beautiful room in great condition. For NYC hotels, it was a decent size and good value. Our bathroom was a good size as well. The room was on the street side which gave good light, but a lot of traffic noise (especially on garbage pickup night.) But at this hotel it's either noise or a dark room! Our only complaint was a strong smell of cigarette smoke one night. We were told it was a nonsmoking floor. The front desk sent someone up (very responsive) but he could not locate the source of the smoke (??) We think it was coming under an adjoining room's door. A wet towel under the door solved the problem. All in all, this is a really nice hotel for the price and a great location.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Iroquois for 3 nights. We thought the hotel was a very good value at $300.00 a night for a deluxe room. The room was nicely decorated, very clean, and in great condition with flat screen wall mounted tv and very comfortable bed. The location couldnt be beat with only 2 blocks to Times Square. The staff was friendly and did everything imaginable to please. We did not like the pillows provided but when we ask for different pillows, two memory form pillows were quickly delivered to the room. The drawbacks are the size of the rooms and baths- they are small. The halls are narrow. There is not much to the lobby. There are two elevators and while they were a little slow we did not encounter any significant delays. We did find in our mini bar two opened and partially consumed beverages but they were removed promptly when we called the attention of the front desk. All in all a good experience.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — Small rooms and baths
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

I loved staying in this small Hotel with friendly understated service. The room was of a high standard with a great bathroom and downstairs there was a small but comfortable library which was a useful resource, with a pc for guests use. Located in W44th just off 5th avenue The Iroquois was only a walk from everywhere I needed to go.
Perhaps the best feature was the outstanding small resteraunt in the Hotel but with its own entrance from the street, or access from the hotel lobby. Triomph - this not only had some of the best food I've eaten in a restaurant but also a good selection of well priced wines with a good choice availble by the glass. Again the service is friendly and understated.
If you are going to New York on business or pleasure and want a quiet hotel to retreat to then I would recommend the Iroquois.
My only criticism is I would have liked a kettle in the room - I'd rather make my own tea when I'm out of England......

• Liked — Peaceful and Friendly
  • Disliked — No kettle in roon
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

I was traveling with a girlfriend to NY to see a show (Blackbird with Jeff Daniels - if you get a chance- see it!) We chose the Iroquois based on TripAdvisor reviews. A few days before we were to arrive I got a call confirming that I had requested a room with two queens and they wondered if I could accepta a room with a single King Size bed. No! My friend and I did not want to share a bed. The woman on the phone assured me it would not be a problem. When we arrived, however, the front desk informed us that they had no rooms with two beds, could we take a room with a single King Size bed? I was about to get hot under the collar and reminded her that I had just confirmed a room with two queens a couple of days before. She quickly offered us TWO rooms for the price of one - we each got our own room with a queen size bed and our own bathroom. Now THAT is what I call customer service! We had a lovely stay, the rooms had recently been renovated and were luxurious. I plan to stay at the Iroquois every chance I get.

• Liked — Superb service
  • Disliked — single, small elevator
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

I have to agree with a previous review, great location, nice staff, but that is it really.

Breakfast not included, attached bar (not really a hotel bar) no atmosphere and pricey. Sauna was never on. 2 lifts, both very slow. we were on the 3rd floor (2nd in english) and had to walk up and down the stairs all the time, not a prob for us, but not good.

Room was horrid, Very small, just room to walk round the bed. We couldn't tell if it was day or night out, very disconcerting. window pointless as was up against the brick wall of the next building. AC was loud, I had to use ear plugs to sleep . If you didn't close the bathroom door you had to sit sideways on the loo, and couldn't get to the toilet paper. No tea/coffee maker.

You go to NY for the views, I was very disappointed to be staying in a cave, it felt like being underground!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Room
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2007

My wife and I stayed 4 nights and were very happy, this was our first trip to NYC, read the reviews on this site and they were all very accurate. The rooms were small but very nice and clean. Staff was great. Would surely stay here again, the location is perfectly in the middle of it all. Enjoyed this gem!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Leaving NYC
GAINESVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2007

From start to finish, our stay at the Iroquois was great. The room was large enough, very very clean, a staff that wanted to please you and a terrific location. of all the theatre district hotels i would rank casablanca and iroquois tied for #1, everyone else is a distant 3rd. will stay again and have told all of our friends to book here and to mention our name as you get rewarded for referals

• Liked — overall quality
  • Disliked — leaving