“in love with the iroquois”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #40 of 473 Hotels in New York City
san diego, ca.
Reviewed May 12, 2006

our family spent four days in luxury at the iroquois, and could not have had a better experience. the service staff, concierge, and the general manager were congenial, extremely helpful, and made us feel that we were the only guests on the premises. i cannot wait to return to nyc, and would not consider any hotel than the iroquois.

Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,931)

Wynnewood, Pa.
Reviewed May 11, 2006

What an incrediblly pleasant surprise! I discovered the Iroquois on line and decided to stay there with my daughter, her three children and myself . They had a wonderful set-up: a small living room with a bedroom and bath on either side. The rooms were beautiflly done: Plasma tvs, fine bath fixtures ( I'm ordering the same toilet for my bathroom) fine linens plus great help.
This hotel is near ToysrUs, DB's great restaurant, and convenient to the theatre district-a real diamond-concierge,etc terrific!!!

MomMom ( Bobbi ) Schimmel-Wynnewood, Pa.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I just returned from staying two nights at the Iroquois. I visit NYC about four times a year and use four-to-five star hotels. The Iroquois is definitely in this group. Nice touches from plasma screen TVs to excellent linens and toiletries. The staff was very attentive (less than 5 minutes for ice to be delivered to the room) and room service was quite prompt. Like most older hotels, the bottom-rate rooms are small ($309), but fine for a single traveler. Overall, one of the best values in NYC - great location and a definite repeat. These guys try hard to please!

Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank NCtraveller01
Reviewed April 30, 2006

After reading Trip Advisor reviews regarding this property along with the affordable price, we decided to give this property a chance. It was the real deal and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the property. I have traveled to NYC several times and this is the best property I have stayed at, especially considering the price. Ask for room 1200, it has a great view of the Chrysler building!

2  Thank Rastiss
Oregon
Reviewed April 25, 2006

We just returned from five days at the Iroquois. This was my first trip to NYC and could not have made a better choice of hotel. The location is excellent! Close to everything you would want to see or do. The staff is very friendly and so helpful. With only a little over 100 rooms you will appreciate the individual attention you receive and the relaxing atmosphere of this hotel. After a busy day in the city it was so nice to come back to such a pleasant environment. The rooms are beautiful! Very, very clean and well appointed. Large bathrooms with great water pressure. The bed was extremely comfortable and had nice linens. Turn down service was a plus and appreciated the daily weather report card they left along with delicious chocolates. Overall, you cannot go wrong staying here. It is definitely a luxury hotel. The Iroquois will definitely be my first choice of hotel on my next trip to NYC.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2006

My husband, two teenage children and two teenage newphews stayed here for five nights for spring break.
We had a two room suite and adjoining superior room which woorked out perfectly for our group.
The location was perfect, rooms were tastefully decorated and the staff was friendly and helpful.
The beds were fantastic - we could hardly pull ourselves out of them each morning, not to mention trying to pull four teenagers out of them!
We would definately stay here again.

Reviewed April 8, 2006

I have just returned from a quick visit to NYC. I found my stay at the Iroquois to be the highlight of my trip. The small, quaint size makes it a nice home while visiting bustling Manhattan. I was pleasantly surprised to find my room ready to check in at 11:00 a.m. after I had flown all night from L.A. The comfy beds and exceptional shower were just what I needed to recharge. Although small, the room was so comfortable that I overslept and missed some prime sightseeing time. The next day I got smart and used the wake up service. The location made it perfect for theatre goers like me. The Iroquois rooms were immaculate and the service was very accomodating. The staff was very helpful when I needed to store my luggage on my last day since I had a late flight back to California.

2  Thank CARoadTripper