“A quaint little hotel”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #37 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 11, 2009

A quaint little hotel in the mist of all the hustle of New York. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Our room was very clean and the bed very comfortable, the only flaw (and it's minor) is that our room was very tiny. We stayed in an Executive King, small but very clean. Hotel is in a good location and would feel very comfortable recommending this hotel. We enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank rlk610
There are newer reviews for The Iroquois New York

Reviewed May 10, 2009

Just returned from 3 night stay at the Iroquois. This is our 3rd stay at this property over a 4 year period. Great location, great staff. Walking distance to 5th Avenue, Madison Avenue, Grand Central Station, Times Square, Rockefellar Center, etc. Rooms size wise are what you expect in NYC. Rooms are nicely appointed, great Flat Screen TV and bathroom. Very nice fitness room on 3rd floor. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TBall12
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This wonderful hotel would be a true gem in any city, but couple that with their location (only 1.5 blocks from Times Square) and this is a fantastic place to stay. We have always been impressed with the service here, and for almost ten years have made it our only destination when we travel to New York.

Small touches that really matter include a complimentary DVD library, an umbrella in the room for those unexpected rain showers, and luxurious linens and towels. We look forward to every trip.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank mpparadocs
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Iroquois April 26th through May 2nd. It was very nice, close to all the big attractions. I say this is a true home away from home because when my mother and I got tired and wanted to rest we would say let's go home instead of let's go back to the hotel. The staff were extremely nice and pleasant and helped us find some really great places to eat. I would stay at the Iroquois again if I go back to NYC.

• Stayed: April 2009
5  Thank colagirl1999
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Just returned from our stay at The Iroquois and can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Our king size room was kept very clean and the bed was so big and comfortable. The staff are courteous but not in your face, sometimes someone is on the door but not all the time but personally I don't need anyone to open the door for me each time. The location is perfect, walking distance to Times Square, Broadway, Rockefeller, Empire State, Macy's and Central Park. There is a a diner just a few yards down the road which does a good breakfast if you want more than just continental. All in all a great place to stay and I would definitely book there again.

5  Thank South63
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We had a 5 night stay at the Iroquois and had initially booked a Queen room. However, upon arrival I (perhaps cheekily!) asked if we could be upgraded and we got a King room for an extra $30 a night (which was well worth it). The staff at the hotel were all excellent, from the front desk to the concierge to the bell man to the door man, all very polite and helpful (which is NOT the norm for New York!!). The room itself was nice and spacious, good sized flat screen TV, very comfortable king sized bed, good sized bathroom, all very clean. The view not so great but was still quite light.

Two things made me realise this hotel was brilliant. The first was when room service delivered a free bottle of wine to our room as it was my girlfriend's birthday (which I had mentioned on check in). The second was one night when my other half and I came back and we'd stopped at a little place to get a cup of tea to take back. When we got back there was no tea bag in the cup, just hot water and milk!! So I went down to reception and the lady there was all too apologetic even though it wasn't from the hotel! She then went and got us a couple of tea bags for no charge, bless her!

Overall this was a very, very pleasant stay. The location is fantastic, literally 1 and a half blocks from Times Square and half a block from 5th Avenue. We didn't have any food there (it was a tad pricey) but it all looked pretty good. There was also free wireless internet there too.

Definitely recommend this hotel!

6  Thank Andozer
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Great location. Fair price from Hotels.com. Staff all very pleasant and room was great. My only complaint was that the wireless in the room was very inconsistent, going from not connected at all, to connecting at highly variable speeds. If I was a business traveler relying on wireless it would have been a problem.

6  Thank kenbonedoc