“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Leeds Uk
“Superb Hotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I stayed her in January 09 for 4 nights with my fiancee as i was looking for a special hotel to get engaged in and this was ideal. Fantastic location and great price we found through the hotel website.
Arrived to a luxurious entrance and allocated a gorgeous 8th floor room which was perfect for our stay. Not a huge room but in New York, you don't get a huge room unless you pay a premium and how long do u stay in the room for!!!
Didn't use any of the hotel facilities but the bed was turned down every night with a choclate left and weather update on the pillows which was a lovely touch,
This hotel is a must for anyone who is visiting New York, the best hotel i have found yet

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JaredLeedsUk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I would definitely stay in the Iroquois again. The location is great, the rooms are spacious for NYC and the beds are extremely comfortable. The hotel is very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. Stayed for 4 nights over the busy Easter weekend but the hotel was quiet, calm and relaxing. The staff were all very helpful and whilst we didn't have time to try the hotel restaurant the menu was very good.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank OG07
Loudonville, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, and our children gifted us a stay at the Iroquois. We loved the Hotel. I don't know what we liked better - the beautiful suite we were in, with the jacuzzi tub and the sitting room, or the fact that we could walk everywhere.
It was Easter weekend, and the staff was very cordial and helpful; the room was beautifully decorated, with the highest quality linens and accesories, and the intimacy of a finer boutique hotel.
The location was a plus, making it our new Favorite hotel, since we could walk to the theatre, our favorite restaurants, and even the train station. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in the city, and will send all of our friends there, too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Betty K
washingtondc
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My 11 yr old daughter and I stayed at the Iroquois for 2 nights and loved it. The staff are warm and helpful. It is next door to the Algonquin where we visited their famous cat Mathilda. Walking distance to all Broadway shows. 1 block from 6th Ave subway lines. Our room looked out on a lovely outdoor patio seating area next door and was very quiet for NYC because we were in the back of the hotel. The small library off of the lobby had a computer available for guests so my daughter could keep in touch with her friends via g mail. There were lots of restaurants on 44th and 45th streets--from fancy french to Chipoltle and of course the Red Flame Coffee Shop.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank elb50
Santa Ynez
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I join the many who love this place. Roomy, tasteful, great service, fantastic location.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank Horse03
Southwest England
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We spent three nights at the Iroquois in April--myself, our teenage daughter and my husband. We chose a suite, and in effect found it was two rooms for the price of one. Our daughter could shut the door and have her own space, and a very comfortable bed.

The hotel is brilliantly located--an easy walk to the theatre district, Times Square, Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue, and of course good shopping. At the same time, when you walk inside, it feels like an oasis. The door is opened for you with a smile, and it's quiet and comfortable inside. The desk staff greet you with a steaming cup of cider--very refreshing.

The room was spacious, immaculately clean, and nicely furnished. Each evening your bed is turned down, and chocolates and a weather report left on your pillow. If I could change one thing, I'd have windows that can open--but that would allow noise, so it might not suit some--the double glazing meant it was very quiet. There was also one waitress who disappointed with her cool attitude.

However, the rest of the staff were terrific--and that's what really makes the place. Absolutely everyone else--from cleaners, doormen and most of all the desk staff-- were ready and willing to help, and generously sorted out any problem. For example, we were offered umbrellas on rainy days, and were allowed to shower and warm up after a drenching on the last day of our stay, long after we should have checked out of the room--and for a very reasonable extra fee. Really, the staff make the place what it is--a perfect spot for wonderful holiday!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank englishfamily99
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 7, 2009

As a business traveler who has been to New York City over 100 times in the last twenty years, I have stayed at somewhere between 15-20 different hotels. During that time, I developed a personal set of preferences for a satisfying NY hotel trip, listed in order of importance to me:

1 - Very clean and comfortable bed/pillows
2 - Bath with a strong shower and good bath amenities;
3 - Pleasant and helpful staff
4 - Centralized location to wherever I need to go, whether by foot or cab
5 - Free access to internet
6 - Exercise facilities, accessible at any time at no charge

Given these criteria, I am proud to say that I have not stayed at another hotel other than the Iroquois for several years now! Looking back, I am quite amazed that not one hotel that I visited prior to the Iroquois was able to match each of my preferences (in some cases, not even half of them!). Given the sprawling, crowded environment of many of the larger NYC hotels that I previously endured, I have become especially fond of the Iroquois' cozy, intimate setting that allows the staff the opportunity to assist on a more personal basis with their guests. That the hotel staff always remembers me by name whenever I return (and I have also seen this with many other visitors) and goes out of their way to make me feel welcome without being intrusive is an absolute luxury - especially when i am over 2,000 miles away from home!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business