“NETRATE CONCEPTS stay in NYC...”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #46 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Thanks to NETRATE CONCEPTS for putting me up at the Iroquois Hotel in NYC...Great location in the heart of Times Square. Was able to enjoy the convenience of walking around the "city" and being able to enjoy the fine dining in the area and walk to the theater all in the general area. I would recommend this hotel and thanks again to NETRATE CONCEPTS for making the suggestion and ALL the arrangements.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the city skyline
19  Thank rick j
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear rick j,

We want to thank NETRATE CONCEPTS too! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to your next stay. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here four nights the end of May and had a great time. Location could not be better if you want to stay in midtown. Room size was adequate with no view---how much time do you spend in the room anyway? We were on the 10th floor which meant no street noise except sirens. If someone was talking in the hall, you could hear everything. Only heard people two maybe three times the entire trip, so it wasn't an issue for us. My friend complained about the lack of light in the room, but the hotel has plans in place to remedy that. The staff was great with one small annoyance for me. I asked the front desk clerk for a recommendation for a great burger even if it was expensive. She replied "five guys" and I apologized and said no thanks. Perfect location for my first trip to NYC.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank isthisnecessary
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear isthisnecessary,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location. I apologize that our staff member wasn't able to provide you with what you were looking for and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and can guarantee there are many great options for an excellent burger here in NYC. Thank you again and if you need any assistance arranging your next NYC visit please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was one of our many trips to NYC. I have to say The Iroquois Hotel rates at the top of the hotels we have stayed. Cant beat the location. The hotel is clean, friendly staff, and very comfortable bed and pillows. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Maria_Parker

Dear Maira_Parker,

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to the other hotels you have stayed at! We are so pleased to hear that you will be back and that you had such a wonderful stay. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please don't hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Vanessa in Concierge will help you with anything, including using the subway.

I highly recommend taking the red uptown train to 42nd Street and dining at the Red Rooster.

Aladdin is a must see if you don't do anything else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Cindy S

Dear Cindy S,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for staying with us! Vanessa truly is a valued member of the Iroquois staff and I am so glad she was able to assist you with everything you needed during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please don't hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We really enjoyed our time at the Iroquois. The location was excellent. It was close to everything that we wanted.
The service was outstanding. We would stay again.
Great time for our anniversary weekend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Terry H

Dear Terry H,

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary with us! We are so happy you were able to enjoy your anniversary and to hear that you would choose to come back and stay with us again. If you need any assistance arranging your next NYC adventure please do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel and will not ever return. This is not a four star hotel, rather an average three star in good location.

- If you are one of those who gets problems from aircon, this hotel is not for you. Aircon is central system, so couldnt adjust the temp. Also couldnt switched it off - or once you "switched it off" as the staff member advised, it actually stopped blowing directly on the bed but turned to the side. And the noise doubled. Conclusion: its loud and blowing all the time. The clerk said it will start heating but it wasnt true at all.
- Small rooms (had queen), was uncomfortable to fit in. Wardrobe didnt have lights and generally sockets werent easily accessible
- Old full carpets
- There was a space between door and wall, so light came from corridor at night. Also heard everything from corridor
- Cable TV and internet didnt work on the first night so had to go to the next hotel to catch connection
- No coffee / tea facilities
- Guy who filled minibar was exceptionally rude. No manners at all. When he returned, he just walked in without knocking the door and didnt say a thing, just put the water on the table.

+ Guys at the front door
+ Location
+ Ok clean

Normally would give this hotel average rating here, but as the staff managed to spoil our stay by overcharging our friends' credit card which took 3 days to solve. Instead taking responsibility they first denied and said it is some other hotel, then they said its fault of booking.com and at the end they told my friends that it was my fault, resulting to disasterous ending of 3 our weeks holiday. Hotel compensated our friends though after they admitted they made a mistake. When I mentioned my feedback to the staff member called John, he wasnt that interested and later didnt even bother to say goodbye. Although got arrogant apologies from him. Very unpleasant man.

Conclusion: very bad taste from this hotel and certain staff members. Our grande finale night in New York and whole holiday was spoiled by accusing me on the credit card mess. That is unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank mokoma
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Good afternoon Mokoma,

I wanted to again apologize for the billing issue that occurred during your stay. We have spoken at least two times via email where I offered to contact your travel colleagues but you have yet to advise if you would like me to speak directly with them. There was a billing error and we moved as quickly as possible to resolve but the reversal of a hold can take up to 72 hours and this as quickly as this can be resolved. I have reviewed the situation in great detail to avoid such situations from occurring again in the future.
I did speak with John our manager as well. His customer service skills are always well received with our guests and I can assure you this is an isolated incident.
Regarding your comment about coffee and tea service, we have this available 24 hours a day and our room service menu was given to you at check in. We also offer complimentary coffee each morning in our lobby right by the entrance to our restaurant.
The cable issue was due to a damaged fiber optic line outside of our hotel and this was explained in the letter you received during your stay.
I will also look into your comment regarding our minibar attendant. Our standard procedure is to ring the doorbell two times and announce and this should not have happened.
My sincere apologies again for your recent stay and please contact me personally to discuss this further.
Robert Holmes

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in May. The whole experience was delightful from the moment we arrived to when we sat in our car to return to the airport.
All the staff could not have been more welcoming, helpful and friendly.
Our room ( whilst small, which is par for the course in NY) was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, as was the en suite bathroom. Linens, towels and robes are of a very high quality, and super soft.
The hotel is in a great location for midtown, Times Sq and theatres.

The Red Rooster Diner next door is fabulous.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat and will be booking for my next trip.
Loved it !!

Room Tip: Have an English Sparkler Cocktail in the bar !!
2  Thank purpledonmar

Dear purpledonmar,

I am so happy to hear that the staff was so welcoming, helpful and friendly! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor, we truly appreciate it. We look forward to your next visit and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to contact us.