“Wonderful service n location, excellent value for weekend rate in midtown NY”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #43 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A gem of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World in midtown New York, the Iroquois provided excellent service (especially the concierge Vanessa) during my stay with a wonderfully unexpected upgrade to the top floor suite. Ideally situated near Broadway/Times Square and not far from plentiful dining choices along Restaurant Row/Hells Kitchen. Convenient parking option directly opposite hotel (with discount as hotel guest). The hotel staff were a delight and would recommend this hotel, especially for lower weekend rates.

• Stayed: October 2013
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear heya_mark,

Thank you for such great feedback! I will pass along your kind words to Vanessa, she truly is a wonderful asset to the Iroquois team. We are so glad you had such a wonderful time and look forward to your return soon.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more memorable in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

John Waechter

Write a ReviewReviews (3,841)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

There's just something that I love about this hotel. I can't say if it's the staff, the rooms, the location, or if it's all of them together. I might just be the beds that I get a wonderful sleep in!

Easy to find your way around New York from this location, and with plenty of places to eat nearby too. A short walk to Times Square, or even shopping in 5th Avenue.

Rooms are beautiful. Hence why I've stayed here more times than any other hotel.

Room Tip: Frequent customers get upgrades!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank John S
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear John S,

With so many choices when it comes to hotels when visiting NYC, it is with our deepest gratitude that we thank you for staying with us more than any other hotel in NYC. Your positive comments and feedback are much appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and making your next stay even better than your last.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We really enjoyed this small boutique hotel. The staff was very friendly. The mattress and bedding were very comfortable. The bellhops were very attentive to our needs. The bathroom was not large, but we only took a quick shower and were back outside to experience New York City. Turndown service was provided every night with chocolates on the pillow. The paper was in a neat cloth bag every morning hanging from the door. Loved the quiet doorbell that if switched to off, showed Do Not Disturb. If pushed to on, a quiet doorbell would ring if pushed. Hot cider and coffee were provided in the lobby.

2  Thank 4Katy

Dear 4katy,

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at The Iroquois New York! It is our pleasure to provide you with a memorable stay. We hope to see you again soon and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more special please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My sister and I just spent a four day weekend in NYC for her birthday, my gift to her, so I wanted a nice hotel for her. I took a chance on the Iroquois based on the other reviews and I have to say that I could not have happier in our choice! From the moment we got out of the taxi to the moment we left, it was truly a great experience. Everyone was extremely gracious and pleasant to deal, not something you always find in NY. Our room was not huge but it was plenty of room for the two of us. The beds were heavenly and the bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels, soap, etc. At night the sounds of the city were barely perceptible and never was a factor. We never did try out the restaurant, spa or the exercise facility, but did enjoy the bar. If I have even a hint of a complaint it would be that the bar does not stock vodka or olives which happens to be my usual drink of choice. But I had a nice single malt scotch which I enjoyed immensely. Location was ideal. I could not recommend this hotel more highly. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Allison B

Dear Allison B,

Thank you for choosing us as your special getaway for your sisters birthday! I am so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had.

Our speak easy style lounge, Lanterns' Keep, does pride itself on only offering a carefully selected range of cocktails to keep in theme with the lounges' nature and I am glad you were able to experience it! We look forward to seeing you again soon and next time please visit Triomphe, our restaurant and bar, where I can assure your vodka and olives are well stocked and waiting for you!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

just got back to UK after 4 nights at this hotel. From the moment we arrived, could not fault this hotel. needed twin room - allocated rm 1208 - top floor, quiet, excellent facilities. Two elevators, so never had to wait long. Most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in, my sister said the same. Booked through Trip Advisor, got 20% discount and free continental breakfast - which was really lovely. Hotel staff were so friendly and helpful. Good position for exploring the city. Complimentary hot apple cider on tap in the lobby in the afternoon, just what the doctor ordered after a busy day. Not a cheap hotel, but worth every penny (or cent!). Would definitely recommend a stay in this hotel

Room Tip: rm 1208. two queen (i think) beds. tucked away so v little noise from other guests. Minimal noise f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear schoolnurse33,

I am ecstatic to hear that you were so pleased with our property and staff during your recent stay!

Providing the ability to enjoy your vacation to the extent that you were able to is exactly what we strive for on a daily basis. Superior customer service and luxurious and comfortable accommodations are two of our main priorities here at the Hotel Iroquois.

Thank you again for such wonderful feedback, I will be sure to pass it along to the staff and we very much look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Regarding the hotel, the staff, the room size and cleaning i have nothing to say except that everithing was good; the location is just fantastic .
The only let 's call, bad comment, is regarding the so called 24 hours room Service , for a city that never sleep is quite unacceptable to offer a chicken or beef sandwich as only late dinner option after midnight.

1  Thank Luca_Fortaleza

Dear Luca_Fortaleza,

It's wonderful to hear that you found our property and staff to your liking. I know that there are endless options when it comes to accommodations in NYC and I want to thank you for choosing the Iroquois Hotel and for writing such kind words on Tripadvisor! I am sorry that our late night room service menu did not meet your needs and will pass along this information to the necessary staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with this helpful feedback about our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited New York to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was clean and decorated nicely. The service was top notch especially the concierge service. Our only criticism was that the room temperature was too hot and they were unable to adjust it. Also we were on the 9th floor and in the back of the building and the street noise was very loud.

Dear hanarhan84,

First of all, thank you for allowing us to be apart of your anniversary!

Our primary goal here at the Iroquois Hotel is to provide superior customer service and I am glad to hear that we were able to do so during your stay with us. I do apologize in regards to the challenges you had with the room and when you return to NYC please contact us directly so that we can do your best in appointing a room for you that will suit your needs best.

Thank you again for staying with and we look forward to seeing you again soon!