“Great hotel next to Times Square”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #37 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“Great hotel next to Times Square”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this small boutique hotel. The staff was very friendly. The mattress and bedding were very comfortable. The bellhops were very attentive to our needs. The bathroom was not large, but we only took a quick shower and were back outside to experience New York City. Turndown service was provided every night with chocolates on the pillow. The paper was in a neat cloth bag every morning hanging from the door. Loved the quiet doorbell that if switched to off, showed Do Not Disturb. If pushed to on, a quiet doorbell would ring if pushed. Hot cider and coffee were provided in the lobby.

2 Thank 4Katy
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear 4katy,

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at The Iroquois New York! It is our pleasure to provide you with a memorable stay. We hope to see you again soon and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more special please do not hesitate to contact us.

John Waechter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My sister and I just spent a four day weekend in NYC for her birthday, my gift to her, so I wanted a nice hotel for her. I took a chance on the Iroquois based on the other reviews and I have to say that I could not have happier in our choice! From the moment we got out of the taxi to the moment we left, it was truly a great experience. Everyone was extremely gracious and pleasant to deal, not something you always find in NY. Our room was not huge but it was plenty of room for the two of us. The beds were heavenly and the bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels, soap, etc. At night the sounds of the city were barely perceptible and never was a factor. We never did try out the restaurant, spa or the exercise facility, but did enjoy the bar. If I have even a hint of a complaint it would be that the bar does not stock vodka or olives which happens to be my usual drink of choice. But I had a nice single malt scotch which I enjoyed immensely. Location was ideal. I could not recommend this hotel more highly. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Allison B
Dear Allison B,

Thank you for choosing us as your special getaway for your sisters birthday! I am so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had.

Our speak easy style lounge, Lanterns' Keep, does pride itself on only offering a carefully selected range of cocktails to keep in theme with the lounges' nature and I am glad you were able to experience it! We look forward to seeing you again soon and next time please visit Triomphe, our restaurant and bar, where I can assure your vodka and olives are well stocked and waiting for you!

Bromley
Reviewed October 21, 2013

just got back to UK after 4 nights at this hotel. From the moment we arrived, could not fault this hotel. needed twin room - allocated rm 1208 - top floor, quiet, excellent facilities. Two elevators, so never had to wait long. Most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in, my sister said the same. Booked through Trip Advisor, got 20% discount and free continental breakfast - which was really lovely. Hotel staff were so friendly and helpful. Good position for exploring the city. Complimentary hot apple cider on tap in the lobby in the afternoon, just what the doctor ordered after a busy day. Not a cheap hotel, but worth every penny (or cent!). Would definitely recommend a stay in this hotel

Room Tip: rm 1208. two queen (i think) beds. tucked away so v little noise from other guests. Minimal noise f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear schoolnurse33,

I am ecstatic to hear that you were so pleased with our property and staff during your recent stay!

Providing the ability to enjoy your vacation to the extent that you were able to is exactly what we strive for on a daily basis. Superior customer service and luxurious and comfortable accommodations are two of our main priorities here at the Hotel Iroquois.

Thank you again for such wonderful feedback, I will be sure to pass it along to the staff and we very much look forward to your next stay with us!

Fortaleza, Brazil
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Regarding the hotel, the staff, the room size and cleaning i have nothing to say except that everithing was good; the location is just fantastic .
The only let 's call, bad comment, is regarding the so called 24 hours room Service , for a city that never sleep is quite unacceptable to offer a chicken or beef sandwich as only late dinner option after midnight.

1 Thank Luca_Fortaleza
Dear Luca_Fortaleza,

It's wonderful to hear that you found our property and staff to your liking. I know that there are endless options when it comes to accommodations in NYC and I want to thank you for choosing the Iroquois Hotel and for writing such kind words on Tripadvisor! I am sorry that our late night room service menu did not meet your needs and will pass along this information to the necessary staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with this helpful feedback about our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bath, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited New York to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was clean and decorated nicely. The service was top notch especially the concierge service. Our only criticism was that the room temperature was too hot and they were unable to adjust it. Also we were on the 9th floor and in the back of the building and the street noise was very loud.

Dear hanarhan84,

First of all, thank you for allowing us to be apart of your anniversary!

Our primary goal here at the Iroquois Hotel is to provide superior customer service and I am glad to hear that we were able to do so during your stay with us. I do apologize in regards to the challenges you had with the room and when you return to NYC please contact us directly so that we can do your best in appointing a room for you that will suit your needs best.

Thank you again for staying with and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

West New York, New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our room on the high floor is small but has good layout which makes the efficient use of the limited space. The furniture style and the bathroom seem "old world" but all is functional and charming. The two elevators are not connected so you have to choose one or the other or press both buttons. The front desk staff are a bit stiff; no smile; acting like they are doing you a favor. The maid who came to offer a turndown service and the doorman were very nice and friendly, however. Overall, we quite enjoyed the stay. Location close to times square is hard to beat. On the day of checking out, there was a parade on 5th Ave and the hotel's block was used for the parade formation. Needless to say, it was very loud, very crowded and chaotic. Not the hotel's fault but the close proximity to 5th Ave does have the downside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CliveNYC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. It's great to hear that you not only enjoyed our prime location but that our hotels' aim to be sophisticated and stylish but also functional exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon!

alabama
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. I am now thinking that next time I will stay elsewhere. I wondered if the management was off the entire time we were there. we stayed in a deluxe room this time but it didn't seem any bigger or better than the superior from last time. We had service issues. There is a sign on the mini bar that it is not a refrigerator and you will be charged if you move anything. So you have to call for ice. The first day it took over 45 minutes. The second day we waited an hour and finally we just headed out. The second day we came and went throughout the day. The room was not made up until quite late and by then they just combined the cleaning with the turndown service. The front desk never greeted us, and most of the time they were not helping anyone. The bellboys may as well have not been there. They were busy most of the time standing outside talking to each other to do anything. We did have one yell "hey" from across the lobby when we came in one night. And the next night we watched a couple struggle with their 4 pieces of luggage while the bell boy sat at the concierge desk. Housekeeping did not do a very good job at replenishing. One day we did not have all of towels and I used the kit with cutips in it and all they did was put the empty packet back in the display. I realize this is not the Four Seasons, but for this level of hotel I still expect more service than what one would get at the Holiday Inn.

3 Thank cynful2no
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear cyntul2no,

I wanted to first thank you for choosing the Iroquois and taking a moment to share your experience. I am truly disappointed to hear of your overall experience. I have spoken and shared your feedback with both our front and back of house staff as to the service opportunities we missed during your stay. All guest request items should be completed within 10 minutes and the fact that it took 45 minutes is completely unacceptable.

We pride ourselves on exceeding guests’ expectations and it is troubling to hear what occurred during your stay. It is both the positive and negative feedback that helps us become a better hotel, and I truly feel this is not an accurate representation of the level of hotel that we strive to be. Please accept my sincere apologies for this lapse in service and we truly look forward to another opportunity to win you as an Iroquois guest.

Please contact me personally to discuss this matter further. I can be reached at rholmes@iroquoisny.com.

Robert Holmes