“Great location, comfy enough rooms but poor ventilation in rooms”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Marin County
“Great location, comfy enough rooms but poor ventilation in rooms”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Clean and mostly comfortable room but ventilation problems were not addressed. We stayed for 6 nights and really didn't get relief until day 5 when it rained and the weather changed. I called everyday to request that A/C be turned to a more refreshing setting. Nobody ever followed up with me or addressed my concerns. DIdn't seem like they were trying very hard to make us feel comfortable. Friendly enough staff but any real issues were not addressed in any sort of accountable way. Loved the location. Morning coffee was good. Check in was delayed until after 4pm which was not appreciated by our jet lagged bodies I think the service should have been a little better given the status of "luxury" boutique hotel. Requested a fridge but was discouraged by reception staff. ?? not sure why.

Room Tip: My requests for specifics on room were ignored.
1 Thank Dulcinea2009
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dulcinea2009,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois. I am glad to hear you found our location convenient but I am very disappointed to hear of your overall feedback regarding comfort in your guestroom. Having a comfortable room is a basic amenity and we seemed to have failed to provide this for you during your stay. Your concerns should have been followed up with immediately and I will certainly investigate as to why a follow up call was not made to ensure you were satisfied.
I sincerely apologize for the lack of follow up and would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your recent stay.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.
Robert Holmes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel in a location convenient to all mid-town locations. Staff was very nice and helpful. Room typical size for the price. The bed was very comfortable. Good value for the price. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for your new found pledge to us; it is evidence of our dedication to our guests. Your comments regarding our staff and overall experience are a pleasure to hear. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to New York City.

Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you're going to call yourself a luxury hotel, then you ought to offer more than a tiny, poorly lighted and airless room overlooking an air shaft (that's the good part, because it was quiet). Granted we got a deal through Booking.com because it was a weekend, and we did get chocolates on our pillows—but the maid had pushed the thermostat to 80, the windows didn't open, the shower was little more than a drizzle, and the mattress had two indentations on either side of a hump covered by a single comforter (either use it and boil or toss it off and be chilled), all for a little over $300. We stay in a lot of NYC hotels—definitely would not go back to this one.

Dear Sweetbrook,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear of your overall impression of our guestrooms. We do have windows that open but they do not open fully due to safety regulations. I must admit that this is the first time anyone has mentioned anything negative about our guestroom beds. We have received countless reviews regarding the overall comfort of our beds. I would like to know the room number you stayed in so we can address along with the shower pressure issue...again something we have never received negative feedback on.
I am pleased to say that we are in the process of updating several features of our guestrooms and the most important area we are addressing is lighting.
This is certainly not an accurate representation of the overall guest experience as noted in the many reviews we receive.
I do apologize again and we would like another opportunity to win you as a guest for life at the Iroquois. Please contact me at your convenience so we can discuss a future stay with us and I can personally apologize.

Robert Holmes
Miller Place, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at The Iroquois Hotel for her birthday. The reservation process was excellent- they asked for my wife's name- and when we arrived at the hotel the front desk staff wishes her a Happy Birthday and we found a bottle of wine and chocolates in our room.
The room was a modest size with a large bathroom. We were on the 12th floor. The street noise was minimal.
We had dinner in he Triomphe Restaurant. The service was excellent as was the food.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Iroquois New York on your recent trip! It is our pleasure and goal to put a personal touch on each of our guest’s stay and I am happy we were able to make your wife’s birthday a pleasurable one. Your wonderful comments are a joy to hear and pleased you found the staff and Triomphe to be of excellent standard. Thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you’re in New York City.

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel was fine but this review is of the Iroquois restaurant, which we visited almost by accident (not having the energy to go out as we usually did). We're delighted that we stayed in and tried the restaurant. The cooking was excellent, clearly produced by a chef who really understands what he's doing and the service was excellent. We both enjoyed excellently cooked fish in interesting sauces. make a point of eating in when staying at the Iroquois!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing The Iroquois New York and your wonderful comments about our restaurant, Triomphe. The French-American cuisine is truly a delight and we’re happy to have had you as a guest. Your kind words are much appreciated, and will be sure to inform Triomphe’s staff. Thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you stay in New York City.

Nashville
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been to NYC three times over the past 2 years, staying in a different midtown hotel each time. The next time I go I plan to rebook at the Iroquois. Two blocks from Times Square on one side; two blocks from Grand Central Station on the other. Small room (it is NYC), w/o a view -- but I loved the room. It was clean, looked like it had been recently refurbished and was comfortable. The staff members were uniformly polite and while I was with a friend, it was safe enough for a woman to stay alone. I went to a play on 46th St by myself on Saturday night and walked back to the hotel after with no problem. I would have liked easier access to ice (you had to call room service, but they were prompt), but nothing else bothered me at all.

1 Thank rthomp681
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your new found pledge to us; it is evidence of our dedication to our guests. Your comments regarding our staff are a pleasure to hear as we dedicate ourselves to high hospitality standards while putting a personal touch on it. We look forward to your next stay with us and some great new features we’re about to undertake for an even greater enjoyment!

West Linn, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Friendly staff, excellent bellmen. the location is very central for subways, theaters and good restaurants. Room was clean and quiet, little traffic noise, bed was fantastic. No real view except into the NY Bar Assoc library :-)
We would definitely return

Room Tip: Check what is happening in NY Rates can really vary
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York City! I’m pleased to hear that you took advantage of your great location and you found The Iroquois to be an overall great stay. Your Trip Advisor comments are pleasure to read and thank you for sharing with everyone. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to New York City.