“Great Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Middleton, WI USA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Loved this hotel. Normally don't take the time to fill out survey's but since I always use trip advisor myself I wanted to make sure I told the world how great this hotel is.
Very boutique in size but perfect in location, customer service and decor.

Room Tip: I did end up upgrading to a super sweet which worked out great for my husband and me.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carla Z
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Iroquois New York! Everyone’s time is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay in one of our executive suites. We strive for that personal touch being a Small Luxury Hotel. We hope you join us again on your next trip back to New York City!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Iroquois Hotel is centrally located on W 44th St making it very close to both 5th Avenue and Broadway. It is a very well run hotel with spacious, quiet and air conditioned rooms. The staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful, so much so that I sent the manager a letter praising the staff and the hotel in general and a specific staff member who helped me solve a problem in particular.

I have stayed in a number of hotels in central New York over the years and I can say without hesitation that the Iroquois is the most memorable and at the top of the “where to stay on my next trip to New York”. I highly recommend the Iroquois if you are looking for a quality hotel that has big hotel amenities with small hotel charm and personalized service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Greg T
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Iroquois New York! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of our central location. It’s our pleasure to ensure your stay meets and exceeds your expectations and I’m happy to hear it sounds like we have. Placing our hotel among the top of where you would stay in New York and recommending us to the rest of the Trip Advisor community is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

After having visited several hotels associated with the Small Luxury Hotels of the World brand, I was expecting something a bit more luxurious and well appointed. The Iroquois was a pretty decent, clean hotel. All of their staff was friendly, hotel rooms and bathrooms were clean; however, our "premium" king deluxe was small, very dark and hot. Although there were two windows, there was no view...just emergency stairs and a brick wall. By far it was not the worst hotel experience, but a room with a comfortable temperature would have been very nice. When I called to front desk about the temperature they sent a very nice gentleman to open our room window. Thanks, I guess!! Their gym is also small, with limited workout equipment. At greater than $300 per night, I would expect that I would not have to sleep in a room with an open window to keep cool. This was very disappointing, as was the fact that the restaurant and the bar were closed in honor of Yom Kippur. No biggie, but it would have been great to follow our original plans and have a nice dinner in the restaurant that I've heard so many wonderful things about. For travelers that are looking for a decent hotel that is close to Times Square and Broadway shows, the Iroquois may be the ideal location...just do not expect an abundance of space, room controlled temperature, a fantastic view, or luxury!

Room Tip: Corner "premium king suite" was cramped and dark.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with the Trip Adviser community, I'm disappointed to hear that you had a less than favorable stay. As one of our top concerns is the comfort of our guests, our bellman reported to me that the opening of a window was his gesture to extend some immediate cool air into your room while the engineering looked further into the issue with the air; I apologize that you did not receive a follow up call to report the status of the issue you reported.
Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, as we have had previous reports of low lighting in our guest rooms this is a main factor that we are addressing in our upcoming room revitalization. As a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the world we thank you for staying with us and again would be pleased to welcome you back in the future!

Warm Regards,

Kelli Phillips
Front Office Manager
Valencia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just returned from a weekend at the Iroquois, our first time there. I go to NYC two or three times a year and like trying different smaller hotels. We had a very nice one bedroom suite on the 6th floor, facing 44th St. I have to agree with other posters that the rooms facing the street are quite noisy at night. My husband never travels without a couple pairs of earplugs and we both needed them. However, that's my only complaint about the hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the linens, towels and toiletries top quality. I appreciate the free wifi, which should be standard in any 3 or 4 star hotel but isn't in NYC. Finally, I think the Iroquois staff is one of the best we've encountered in NYC, uniformly excellent. Aside from the noise issues, which can be remedied with earplugs or an inside room, I highly recommend the Iroquois.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, choose an inside room or bring earplugs! Rooms facing 44th St are no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amaklo
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Iroquois New York! Your feedback is much appreciated and I’m sorry to hear you had problems with the street noise levels at night. I know that can be a frustrating experience, but it sounds like you’re a savvy NYC traveler and a prepared one at that. I’m happy to hear that your overall experience with us was an enjoyable one and you found comfort with our in room amenities, complimentary Wi-Fi and speak so highly of our staff. We pride ourselves on giving the best quality service possible. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you’re in New York.

Wiltshire
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited The Iroquois almost 3 years ago for new year.

This was our first trip to New York and generally we were not disappointed with The Iroquois.

The location of this hotel is fantastic, not far from Broadway etc.

The staff were very accomodating and were quick to sort theatre tickets for us.

The room we had was very nice and although there was no view etc, it had a feel of a smaller friendly hotel.

The only issue that we did have was that when we cisited it was consistantly below zero outside and the warm air heating in our room was inconsistant. It took a couple of prompts to resolve bu they fixed it in the end.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamandPhilip
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Iroquois New York! What a great first time trip to NYC! Being here during the holiday season is something special, particularly New Year’s with us being so close to Times Square as well as the Theater District. It’s a pleasure to have been part of that and knowing our staff was able to put a personal touch on your stay. I’m sorry you had problems with the heating in your room, I know it can get quite cold here in the winter months but mores so, I’m happy to hear it was corrected. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you’re in New York.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was our first trip to New York and we found the Iroquois to be in an excellent location as it's right in the heart of Manhattan and therefore convenient for getting to the main tourist sites. The room was fairly small but I believe this is the norm for New York. However it was very clean with comfy beds and a lovely bathroom. The staff were friendly and the concierge was very helpful. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for reasonably priced accommodation in a great location.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ChrisMD3
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Iroquois New York! It’s a delight to hear your kind words regarding our staff as it is our pleasure to offer you the best service possible. We’re happy your first stay in NYC was a pleasurable one by taking full advantage of our location making it convenient to get around the city. Good rest is much needed when touring the city and we’re glad we were able to provide that. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for recommending our hotel and services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you’re in New York.

Rustington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is a small nicely decorated hotel in a good central location on 44th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. We had a suite which meant it was very spacious and there was a fridge/minibar. There was no coffee/tea facilities however (not unusual in NYC). There was free wifi which was a bonus. The bathroom was oddly small for a suite. The reception staff were friendly and efficient and the concierge helpful when there (it appeared to be closed quite a lot). The one major gripe however was the noise. Not from other rooms which appear to be well insulated from each other, but from the street. We were on the 11th of 12 floors but still the noise from sirens/horns etc was quite intrusive. Presumably this historic building is not allowed double glazing! For that reason alone it is unlikely we would make a return visit. If you are a heavy sleeper however it would not be an issue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark R
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Iroquois New York! I’m sorry to hear your sleep was disturbed by the street noise and understand how that can affect your stay. We appreciate your feedback and if there is anything I can do to assist you, possibly reserving a room that is not overlooking the street, it would be a pleasure having you back. You may contact me directly if so desired. We're happy to hear your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves on offering the best possible service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you’re in New York.