“Perfect Romantic Getaway!”

Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Teaneck, NJ
“Perfect Romantic Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had the luxury of spending a long weekend at The Iroquois, what a remarkable experience! The staff was attentive and the room spectacular. I would highly recommend this small but luxurious hotel to anyone looking for an unforgettable NYC experience. 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KevinRudolph
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your very kind compliments, I am pleased to hear that we could host your weekend getaway during such a special time. It's very rewarding to hear such kind words. We hope that we will see you again in the future!

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've been coming to New York for some 40 years now, staying in some of the more well known hotels throughout the city. The Iroquois
Hotel is without a doubt one of the best. The service is always " top notch ", the room is impeccable and it's a great location . Dollar
for dollar, you can't find a better venue.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Zelda145
I'm pleased to hear had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with the best service and the most comfortable stay we can offer, it is certainly rewarding to hear feedback such as this. Thank you again!

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I searched high and low to find a hotel with two queen size beds in manhattan and eventually opted for this mid town option. The location is truly great- right next to fifth avenue and a moment from grand central and Times Square, Rockerfeller centre, moma, New York City library and loads of up town shopping options. Also walking distance to numerous subway lines so you really can get anywhere within Manhattan in about 20 minutes, or less, and its convenient on the subway for Brooklyn too.
Although its in a lively part of town, 44th street is actually not too busy and we only had a gentle purr of the inevitable air com to lull us to sleep. No sound from other rooms or the corridor which is great.
We did not try the restaurant but it has rave reviews and it did look really cosy and atmospheric, buzzing and full on all our 4 nights. There is a spa and gym as well.
The room was fine, very clean, and the beds were fabulously comfy. It was good- just not sure it was worth $250 plus a night. One irritating thing is that there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, although there is free coffee in the lobby all day- a nice touch. And no breakfast included in our deal, not that unusual for NY. There are lots of mid town restaurants and cafes near by.
I suppose overall I sort of wished I had booked a cheaper place in a more interesting neighbourhood that was perhaps a bit less central, because i am not sure the location is actually worth paying so much for when manhattan is so easy to get around. Never mind- there's always next time for me. if you want a reliable option in a unbeatably central location this will definitely suit you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank herbertherbert
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you found our location a convenience during your stay. We would like to thank you for your compliments of our hotel and the amenities we offer. I apologize if our nightly rates were a bit discouragaing unfortunately our rates do vary through out the week. We constantly offering package rates and special discounted rates on our webiste as well to better suit your needs.We hope to welcome you back in future!!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I booked this hotel due to the TripAdvisor reviews and was really hoping for a great stay. However, for the price i paid i have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

When I booked the room i informed them that i had just returned from fighting in Afghanistan and was wondering if i could have a room with a street view to surprise my fiancee... Instead i got a room with the WORST view i have ever had (SEE PICTURE ATTACHED-1). I needed to charge my phone in the docking station which failed to charge, upon investigation the wire was damaged and i had to spend 5 minutes fixing this problem in order to charge my phone having pulled out furniture. Once this had been resolved i turned on the TV to view Hotel information... However, i was faced with a "Loading" page for 3 minutes before i turned it off.

So far i was very unimpressed with the first 10 minutes of being in this hotel. My Fiancee then wanted a drink of cold water from the tap but we discovered that your choice of water is either hot or warm, even after leaving the cold tap running for a while. It's a small thing that is a pain when drinking or brushing teeth.

Later that night i noticed that our "Turn Down" hadn't been done. This was advertised on the brochure. I then called the front desk and specifically requested a turn down while i was out for the night.... THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

When returning for the night i entered the shower to find black mold all around the edge of the bath it was disgusting! (SEE PICTURE-2).

Once i had got clean as best as i could i went to bed to find that the headboard was 2 feet above the bed so your head rests on a lump of wood (SEE PICTURE-3). Upon trying to turn on the bedside lamp... nothing happened. It was plugged in and had two bulbs but I couldn't be bothered to fix another faulty item in this hotel.

Throughout the night we were boiling hot. We had the window open but the noise of the city was too loud and upon trying to adjust the thermostat.... it did nothing and it clearly for show!! (SEE PICTURE-4).

The noise of the heating system is very loud and kept us awake. However, if you do manage to get some sleep you will be woken early as when other people use the taps within the hotel; it makes a very loud whistling sound. And i mean loud enough to wake you up.

The hotel offered free internet if you are able to stay connected long enough as you will find it constantly drops out and you continually have to enter a code to get back in. If you do get in it moves at the same speed a dial-up (SLOW).

I would normally give this hotel a 3 star but as i was expecting more I'm afraid it needs to be a two star. For those who have given this hotel a high rating... You clearly haven't traveled as much as I have. I have visited New York City many many times and change hotel each time and I'm afraid to say.... This has to be the worst. Good Luck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Drury007
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Am glad I booked this hotel after reading Tripadvisor reviews! Stayed 4 nights at the hotel in a room on the 10th floor and had a great time. Service was great, the porters were friendly and helpful from the moment we entered the hotel and our stay got off to a great start! The hotel was very accommodating with changes to our reservation, with storing lots of bulky luggage and purchases before check-in time and with helping us mail off a parcel. We were both very impressed by the hospitality shown by the staff!

We loved the charming decor of our room, with lovely little touches such as the chocolate on our beds, Frette bathrobes and Molten Brown toiletries. The pillows were fluffy, the beds were comfortable and I had a good rest each night. The location, as many reviews pointed out, is fantastic-- it is easy to get anywhere-- Times Square and 5th Avenue shopping is just round the corner, there are plenty of cabs around and its a quick walk to Grand Central Station (5 minutes stroll). The complimentary hot cider in the lobby was a lovely and thoughtful touch-- just perfect for the weather! The only downer was that my friend found the complimentary wifi access to be a little on the slow side and inconsistent. Still, we would confidently recommend this place to our friends and hope to be back someday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us with the tripadvisor community. I'm delighted to hear that you found our location a convenience during your stay. We would like to thank you for your compliments of our hotel and staff. It's always great to hear our guest taking advantage of the amenities we offer! We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a recent stay at this charming botique hotel. The location, on 44th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues, is without equal; close enough to the theater district sans the noise and crowds. My room was without heat and adequate electric plugs. Within minutes of my complaint, the front desk quickly moved me to a suite. It was far more space than I needed, but what an elegant response, and I was able to sleep. Patrick should be commended for his assistance. I am more than pleased.

The concierge was very helpful for a last minute pre-theater dinner reservation. Of all hotels I have stayed in New York, this has been the most accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ClipperJon
Thank you for your kind compliments of our staff, it is always rewarding to hear that one’s hard work is noticed and appreciated, Patrick is thankful for your kind words. While our location is convenient and ideal for many travelers we strive to go above and beyond the many other hotels in the area. Thank you for your recognition and we hope to see you on a future stay.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Only one endorsement, the position is quite good in the heart of Manhattan.
The room was very dark and old, but the most complaint was for the noise of the air conditioning system. Not only noise, but even vibrations.
320 USD per night and no chance to change room (they said all rooms were sold out).
A 4 star hotel should offer a better service, trying to find a way to fix the issue. Even if they should suggest another hotel. No refund, that's very unprofessional.
They made my night waste.

Room Tip: Rather than staying in this hotel, I suggest to find an hotel in Secaucas. It will be cheaper and mo...