“We loved it and we will surely be back”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“We loved it and we will surely be back”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I chose this hotel for its proximity to Times square and Broadway and I am happy that I made the right decision as it turned out to be one of the nicest hotels in that area. My wife, her sister and our two kids stayed there for three nights and they enjoyed the room, the service and the proximity very much. As per my wife the concierge (Alan) did everything in his power and knowledge to help them around the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all others seeking a good hotel in the best area of NY.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Toronto_traveller88

thank you for sharing your experience at the Iroquois hotel! I am truly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind words with Alan. We are quite grateful to have him as part of our team!

We look forward to your return,
Robert Holmes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
rishon le zion
Reviewed September 2, 2011

we stayed in the iruquois for 8 days on the occasion of our son's wedding. this is a very good hotel in an excellent location, very close to time square but in a relatively quiet street. the room is not small at all, as most new york city hotel rooms are, the facilities are fine and above all - the attitude. every employee, from the front desk to the chambermaid, the bellboy etc. they all did their best to help. every small problem was solved immediately. they were very patient and to sum it up, we enjoyed our stay enormously. the price, considering it is nyc, was reasonable. when we return to new york, we shall return to this hotel for sure.
stayed august 2011

Dear Yehvda M,
Thank you for your kind words about the staff here at the Iroquois Hotel. Our staff loves to hear kind words about the level of service they provide to our guests. We look forward to your return to the Iroquois.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed in a deluxe room which was very clean and spacious at back of hotel so also very quiet. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the service superb. Location very central and we were able to walk almost everywhere. When we return to NYC we will certainly stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Monica B

Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. Truly glad to hear you found our staff helpful and the rooms spacious! We look forward to your return!
London
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Yes, the Iroquois is quaint, reasonably clean, centrally located, and cheaper than the Sofitel next door. But the lower floors have several rooms with large generators immediately outside if the windows. One of these generators was outside of my room on my first night in the hotel. At first, I thought it was just a noisy air conditioner but when I realised I could not stop the racket, I called the front desk who sent a maintenance guy upstairs. He informed me in that charming New York fashion, "It's the generator outside your window. There's nothing I can do. This is New York. It can be loud here. You got a loud room". When I protests that this was unacceptable, he referred me back to the front desk who assured me that I had a rare condition of sleep sensitivity and most people never had any such problem. I told the night clerk that this was clearly nonsense, especially as he could hear the generator OVER THE PHONE! Finally, at around 2:00 am, I was offered an alternative room. This was s special room designed for the handicapped which I was understandably, but again inconveniently forced to vacate the next day.

The ultimate outcome of all of this for me was that I was an utter zombie at my business meeting the next day for which I had flown to New York.

From now on, I'm paying the extra $100 per night to stay in the Sofitel next door.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Travelling_30s
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Good afternoon Traveling-30s,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments with regards to your recent stay at The Iroquois Hotel. I was disappointed to hear of the noise concern you experienced in your room. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused and would like to say this is certainly an isolated incident, but I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and have another opportunity to win you over as an Iroquois Hotel guest. Please contact me at rholmes@iroquoisny.com to discuss at your leisure.
Again, sincere apologize for any inconvenience.

General Manger
Wiltshire, UK
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed in Manhattan many times and have never found a hotel that has it all. This came close but it wasn't perfect, I must admit. The hotel is quite unimpressive when you arrive. If you've been to the US before you will be used to an impressive lobby, usually that's where the money goes. There was no doorman and the lobby is dark. There are limited facilities but there is free coffee in the lobby and iced water and there is a PC available for for free internet access. It gets better once you get to your room. True, they are on the small side (but you are in a city) and the view is non-existent, well it was from our room anyway. However, I was travelling with my mother and I had a lot of problems finding a hotel room with two double beds in a luxury hotel that didn't cost the earth. This had them, with fab linen and Molton Brown toiletries, all at a very reasonable $350 inc tax per night over Easter weekend. The room would have been better if they'd removed the enormous office style chair that was stuck between the two beds. I'm really not sure why it was there, unless they expected the bedside table to double as a desk. Obviously they did. The closet was small, but we were only there for 2 nights so it didn't matter. The room had everything we needed and the welcome plate of free pastries and cookies was a nice touch. The location is the best thing though.......just off 5th Ave and on a great block full of eating establishments, we were spoilt for choice and cancelled our pre-arranged reservations at Aquavit as a result. Note, there is a fantastic Indian on this street, something of a rarity in NYC. I've spent years traipsing all over the city, I won't do that again. We got so much more out of our 3 days by staying in this location. We did pop into the Royalton over the road which I liked a lot. It wasn't my mother's style though. The Algonquin is also on the same street, it's been taken over by Marriott and I don't know what it's like but, again, the location couldn't be more highly recommended. Back to the Iroquois though, I dealt with the management over a booking error before I arrived and they couldn't be more helpful. This is a hotel that's trying hard and succeeding in the main. I would recommend it and would definitely consider another stay here in future.

Room Tip: Book a classic room for two beds
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mac7471
Good afternoon Mac7471,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your Iroquois Hotel experience. I am truly pleased to hear how convenient you found our location to be. I was disapointed to hear you were unable to locate a bell attendant upon your arrival. We normally have at least 2 attendants on per shift. We are looking at different lighting options for our lobby to enhance the overall feel. We did make a modification to the guestroom chairs to help the flow of the room.
Sincere appreciation for your comments and we look forward to your return!
honduras
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Lovely little hotel right in the heart of the theatre district. Traditional decor. Only problem was painfully slow elevators. Not a bargain, but a good value.

1 Thank gring0mama
Good afternoon Gring0mama,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the Iroquois. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel is located in a great location! We will be replacing one of our elevators at the end of this year and this will have a great impact on the elevator speed.
We look forward to your return!
PEI Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at iroquois July 2010 and just returned after four nights August 2011. Better than last year. From check-in to check-out our stay was delightful. Very central for our plans of shopping and theatre. King room, friendly and wonderful staff. A very special thank you to Concierge Vanessa for going above and beyond. You certainly are a great asset to the Iroquois. For us the Iroquois has become the "go to place" in NYC. See you in the fall of 2012.

The Goulds
PE, Canada

Room Tip: request a view of the Chrysler Bldg for your first visit.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon The Goulds,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. We are quite fortunate to have the staff that we do and I will share your kind words to Vanessa. We strive to exceed all guests' expectations and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Iroquois Hotel.