“Affordable and nice in Upper West Side” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Belleclaire

Ranked #232 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Columbia
“Affordable and nice in Upper West Side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The location of the Belleclaire was perfect for my recent trip to NYC. My room was clean and affordable. I had a newly renovated room which I would request the next time I stay. A comfortable boutique hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Amuleigh2833,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are very thrilled with your comments regarding our Upper West Side location, the cleanliness, the comfort, and our Hotel value. We appreciate your business and your feedback; if we could be of any assistance in your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department at 1-877-468-3522 or reservations@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Luis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was satisfied with the service and the cleanliness of the room. It was a bit small , but it was comfortable. The location of the hotel is great because there is a pharmacy and a little market just around the corner as well as it is walking distance from Central Park. Around the corner, there is also a small restaurant called Euro Pan and it is great for breakfast.

Dear Cassandra C,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled with your comments regarding our prime location, our service, cleanliness, the comfort, and our Hotel value. I notice as well your mention about the convenient location of our Hotel Belleclaire. Is true that it’s in a perfect location, just a stone throw away from Central Park and is situated in a friendly neighborhood on the Upper West Side, where there are lots of restaurants, bars, shops and places. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at the Hotel Belleclaire!

Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. Of course we spent very little time in the room because we were out sight seeing ALL day every day. The room was small, but it is NYC, and clean. The location is excellent. The air conditioner was a little loud but that could have been an isolated situation and it wasn't bad enough for us to make a complaint. Some people might be pickier than us however. There is a subway 1 block away and it will take you straight to Central Park and Times Square in 10 minutes. We found the subway to be a fun experience as well as the quickest way to travel.There is a market right around the corner, restaurants, some shopping, and cafe Lalo (look it up it has superb desserts) is a short walk. The staff was friendly, very helpful and polite. The rooms have laminate hardwood and no carpet, which we really liked. We do wish there had been a quiet bar/lounge but again, one can be found less than a block away. We love this location because it is quiet, not as crowded, but we can get to the NYC hype with just a short subway ride. We will definitely consider staying here again.

1 Thank Beck C
Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Beck C,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are thrilled with your comments regarding our prime location, our service, cleanliness, the comfort, and our Hotel value. I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. As you kindly mentioned, we are situated in the heart of the Upper West Side; a magnificent, cultural and residential neighborhood that is located steps away from the subway station. Our location offers easy access to various main attractions and locations throughout NYC. We were delighted to accommodate your reservation needs and look forward to your future stay at Hotel Belleclaire!

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel was perfect for our trip to NYC for sightseeing and college tours. The staff was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The location is very convenient to public transit and Central Park.

Dear Caroline T,

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your great review! We love hearing that you were able to take advantage of our prime location, the value and all amenities that Hotel Belleclaire has to offer. I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts and service. I love hearing that you were able to take advantage of Hotel Belleclaire, conveniently located a few blocks from Central Park, the best museums in NY City and far from the chaos of shopping crowds in midtown. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This will be my first negative review for trip advisor. I stayed here in February of 2013, so maybe things have improved.

The price was fantastic. The location was residential with a subway stop just a block over. Not much going on in this part of town, but I walk a lot and knew my way around the city. I was looking for a great price!

My fist room looked great! Then, I started looking. There was toothpaste on my faucet from the previous tenant. The toothpaste was also on the wall and mirror around the sink. There was hair in the tub and spots of who knows what on the bathroom floor. The dust was so thick in the bedroom area it was ridiculous. I moved a lamp and it left a mark on the table from the dust. The desk chair had food on it. Actual food on it. The floor was disgusting. I paid extra for a view room. I asked if it was worth it and they told me YeS! The view was of the corner of the street where they were doing very loud construction all day. No view......I went downstairs and they moved me to another room.......

Of course I started looking around as soon as I got in. The bathroom was just as disgusting as the previous one. There was BLOOD on the shower curtain! BLOOD! The bathrooms are all tiled. Tiled walls, tile everywhere. Tile with toothpaste, urine, and who knows what else. The floor in the bedroom was dusty, visible dust balls. Again dust all over the tables, lamps, everything.

The manager came to the room and confirmed all that I saw. They sent up housekeeping to clean the room, bathroom, and change the shower curtain. Unfortunately, I still could not stay there. I was too grossed out and the room was incredibly loud! I mean behind normal street noise loud.

They moved me to another room and all was quiet and clean.........why didn't I get this room to begin with?

Elevator is tiny. Don't bring large suitcase.

Upon checkout, they had the nerve to charge me for the view room. Which I didn't have in the end, and especially after all my problems. I was flabbergasted they were argue over the charge, he ended up taking it off.

Overall, horrible experience. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Teresa W
Dear Teresa W,

Thank you for writing a review about the Hotel Belleclaire. Your feedback is essential to our success! I apologize for the negative experiences that you encountered during your visit in 2013 and that there were a few elements of your stay that you found needed improvement. This certainly will be addressed and we will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future for a more pleasant, restful visit. Please be kindly advised, in addition to our newly renovated and pristine lobby, we have renovated over half of our guest room bathrooms in the last year. All bathrooms will feature newly renovated and modern floor to ceiling glass enclosed showers, tasteful espresso vanities, and a splash of white stonewash tiles. Between our location and our recent renovations, we are confident that we will have a successful product.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Always there to help, Left my cell phone on the table and staff saved it until I got back to retrieve it. Save my day and trip!! Front desk, bellmen, and staff go out of their way to make sure everything is OK.

Dear Dave H,

Thank you for the very positive review. I’m delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services, and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sherman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Horrible experience all around. Air unit is not inclosed so the window was open all night Room 900 avoid. Staff would not return calls when something was left in the room. Lot of money for a bad hotel

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Thank Howard F. D
Dear Howard F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Hotel Belleclaire. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have alerted our staff and will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future. We have brought this matter to the attention of our General Manager, Mr. Scott Geres. In case you would personally want to discuss with Mr. Geres, please feel free to contact him directly by calling (212) 706-4469 or email: sgeres@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.