“Nice hotel great location”
Review of Hotel Belleclaire

Ranked #228 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Our experience at the hotel belleclaire was a good one for what we required. Our room was small but what do you need whilst visiting New York for a few days a comfy bed a shower and a tv for chilling. There is no restaurant onsite but there are plenty of cafés and restaurants near by. They do sell coffee tea and bagels at the lobby in the mornings courtesy of the coffee an Tea leaf cafe from around the corner. Complimentary ice tea is available through the day in the lobby also which my wife loved. The location is great only 2 streets away from the 1 subway which will take you to pretty much any stop you want and a few avenues walk and your in Central Park. Few negatives but not a huge problem but we had to turn the fridge off as the the noise kept waking us up and we had a hissing radiator which we also had to turn off but all in the hotel was a great place to come back to after a long day traveling around New York. If your looking for somewhere for breakfast you cant go wrong with the Viande Cafe a couple of streets down ( don't let the miserable check out girl put you off :) ). We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wilchie
Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Wilchie,

Thank you for spending the time telling us about your experience at Hotel Belleclaire.
We are pleased with your comments regarding our wonderful location and our amenities. As you already kindly mention, Belleclaire is located two blocks away from the subway train station and steps to some of the best small restaurants and coffee shops. Thank you for letting us know that there were a few elements of your stay that you found needed improvement (radiator/fridge noise), and these will certainly be addressed and corrected.

Please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department at 1-877-468-3522 or reservations@hotelbelleclaire.com if your future plans bring you back to New York City.

Best Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,782)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The photos online make the Belle Claire look a little more large and spectacular than it really is BUT it was a nice place. Charming neighborhood and very close to stores and restaurants. Our room was very small and the sink in the bathroom had a large crack in it. It seemed safe and the staff was friendly enough. I stayed there with my 13 year old son. His first trip to NYC. We wanted a quiet place where we could relax at night and it worked fine for that. Not much in the way of food or drinks. They said they are hoping to get a liquor license soon. We could walk to Natural History Museum in just a few minutes as well as Central Park.

Room Tip: We ordered in breakfast from a local cafe on Broadway every morning. It was fast and inexpensive.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear MNJMoo,

Thank you for sharing the positive review of your recent visit to the Hotel Belleclaire, conveniently located near Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our prime location, our team, and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. However I am sorry that you had a less than exceptional experience and that there was an element of your stay (sink) that you found needed improvement, and this will certainly be addressed and corrected. We really appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We found all of the staff at the Belleclaire Hotel to be very professional and helpful. We had a great deal via Expedia. Our room was much larger than we expected and it was relatively quiet, being on the ninth floor and not overlooking Broadway. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Mr B is recovering from a back operation and commented that the bed was quite high and therefore easy for him to get in and out of. Not so the bath, which was low to the floor. We used the air conditioning just to cool the room down upon our arrival most evenings. It was quite loud.

There is a media room with three terminals a printer and two video games. In the room next door is a gym, which we did not use. There are three lifts, although two of them are intimate!

The hotel is two blocks down from the subway. The hotel does not serve food. There is a coffee bar in the lobby which opens at 0600. It was closed when we returned from our days out, but iced water and tea were available.

Good breakfast options and a couple of bars are just a few blocks away.

We liked the hotel but would probably not return to the Upper West Side.

Room Tip: High floor and back street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissusB1965
Adisa F, Director of Sales at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear MissusB1965,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Belleclaire! We truly appreciate your feedback, and are delighted to hear that our staff was helpful and professional. We would love to welcome you back in the future. We also have great news to share--Hotel Belleclaire will introduce central air/heating in all guest rooms and suites in 2014!

Please follow us on social media and subscribe to our email list for exclusive offers and best available rates-- book direct and save!

Adisa@hotelbelleclaire.com

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great location in upper west side - close to all conveniences. Trouble with the hot water for 24 hours meant cold showers, and a luke warm response from the Manager. He assumed that an apology was all that was necessary to make things right. Eventually moved us to another room, (much noisier) where the water was a dirty brown colour and unable to be used. (see attached photo) Had to have bottled water in the room for drinking and teeth cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for one with clean, hot water.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allan M
sgeres, General Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Allan M,

Thank you for writing a review about the Hotel Belleclaire. Your feedback is essential to our success!

I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your most recent visit with us. Unfortunately, we had a water shut down in our building during the time you were here. This was unexpected and it was the reason for the brown colored water. I would hope that you could give us another opportunity in the near future if you a traveling again to NYC. Please contact me directly and I will personally make your reservation at the best available rate.

Scott Geres

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Staying at the belleclaire 446 dollars a night no breakfast.

First impressions it's like a budget hotel , small lobby , no restraint facilities so everyone sitting around drinking their bought in wines or coffees . Hallways are absolutely filthy dirt and bits of paper and rubbish on the floors . Get to my room and it's seen better days , paintwork chipped and worn . The small window I have is single glazed and I can hear the noise from the street , it's as if I'm on the street. Neighbours come in from a night out and I can hear every word of their conversation through the adjoining door and thin wall. They aren't being loud it's just the acoustic insulation is that bad. Room service links to a deli around the corner. Breakfast option is a local coffee shop that sets up in the foyer

All in all terrible terrible hotel - the worst I've stayed in

Room Tip: Don't - go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank keir d
sgeres, General Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Keir d,

Thank you for writing a review about the Hotel Bellelclaire. Your feedback is essential to our success!

I apologize that your overall experience of the Belleclaire was not to your satisfaction. We did just complete a multi million dollar lobby renovation and the majority of our guest rooms were newly decorated. I would love to discuss your stay in more detail if you did have a free moment. My direct contact information is 212-706-4469 or sgeres@hotelbelleclaire.com. I apologize again...

Scott Geres

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I just came back from New York and stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. The hotel is only 2blocks away from the metro station and has great connections to all the tourist things we wanted to do! Times Sq is only around 12mins away on the tube!
The staff were really friendly - Natalie on the reception was very helpful and Carlos on the concierge desk was such a delight!
There are a few places to eat around, although there is not a lot of choice. If shopping is your thing, then Century 21 is only a 10min walk from the hotel!
Would 100% recommend this place for your stay to New York!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Persian_Mel

Dear Granadinaa,

Thank you for sharing your FANTASTIC experience at the Hotel Belleclaire! Our convenient Upper West Side location is centrally located near transportation, boutique shops, and top-rated restaurants. The staff compliments have been well received by Natalie and Carlos, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next visit to New York City.

Please follow us on social media and subscribe to our email list for the best rates and exclusive offers-- loyal guests receive the royal treatment! We hope to see you soon.

Adisa@Hotelbelleclaire.com

Reviewed October 17, 2013

While we were staying at the Hotel Belleclaire for a family celebration in NY, I made a note to myself to write in and give it wonderful reviews, but when I left my flat iron there and called to see if they had it, they proved themselves to be absolutely amazing!!! I called and spoke to a Ms. Adisa Feratovic, who said she would look into it and call me back. Not only did she call me back within 90 minutes, but she personally guaranteed that it would be sent out to me immediately (I was quickly frizzing in Baltimore!) I received it today, in perfect condition and wrapped in bubble wrap for extra perfection. This hotel will have my business every time I stay in NY!!! Thank you!!! Robin Miller

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank robin m

Dear Robin M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Belleclaire! Our team was delighted to read your positive feedback and the compliments are very much appreciated. It was my pleasure assisting you as well, and I am glad the item was received in an efficient manner.

Have you heard about our loyalty program? During your next visit, we'll customize your stay with complimentary amenities and enhanced guest services. Please follow us on social media and subscribe to our email list for exclusive New York City promotions. We look forward to seeing you soon, Robin!

Adisa@hotelbelleclaire.com/ 212-706-4479