“Great location, small but clean and nice rooms, good value.”
Review of Hotel Belleclaire

Ranked #220 of 467 Hotels in New York City
boston
“Great location, small but clean and nice rooms, good value.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The location on West 77th is terrific- rooms small but clean, staff friendly and helpful. Airline pilots and flight attendants were staying there which I took as a good sign, too.
Small continental breakfast option in lobby is nice and convenient.

• Stayed April 2013
Ana N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Capabilitymom,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Hotel Belleclaire! The exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. We provide complimentary high speed wi-fi access, a mini refrigerator in each guest room, game room with over 10,000 arcade style games and 27-inch MAC computers, C.O. Bigelow bath amenities, and 24 hour access to the fitness center and media lounge to name a few. In addition to our newly renovated and pristine lobby and guest rooms, all bathrooms will feature newly renovated and modern floor to ceiling glass enclosed showers, tasteful espresso vanities, and a splash of white stonewash tiles.

With steps away to the subway station, our location offers easy access to various main attractions and locations throughout NYC. Take a walk through the picturesque Central Park, dine at a world class gourmet restaurant, let music fill your ears at Lincoln Center and top off the night with delicious cupcakes from Crumbs Bake Shop.

We were delighted to accommodate your reservation needs and look forward to your future stay at Hotel Belleclaire!

212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Although centrally located in the heart of the Upper West Side, the rooms are so tiny that unpacking a bag becomes a problem and opening the bathroom door to use the toilet isn't possible either. Seriously, the bathroom was around 10ftx6ft - and this was an upgraded room we paid for. The two elevators are the smallest working human elevators I've seen in real life - they are more like 'dumb waiters'.

For two days our hot water didn't run and we couldn't get the air conditioner to work. The walls are pretty thin so noise from adjacent rooms is annoying. The room we had faced the street with early morning construction and the usual NYC traffic so we slept with earplugs after the first night. The bed itself was comfortable though creaky and the pillows were a little too soft.

The Internet connection, although complimentary, frequently reported "too many connections" so it wasn't possible to use as a reliable business connection. The lobby is spacious and the front desk is friendly but unless location is everything to you, I'd recommend other hotels in the price range for a little more space and reliability of the amenities.

Room Tip: Avoid the street side if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ana N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear JamesBeswick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Hotel Belleclaire. Your feedback is essential to our success! Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have alerted our staff and will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future.

The Hotel Belleclaire has recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation and continues to improve guest rooms and amenities. We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel and can assure a pleasant, restful visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here last month with my 2 sons and it was such a pleasure! Friendly staff, beautiful lobby, and great location. Had the best time thanks to the lovely front desk employee Austin as well as one of the bellman (forgot his name). They went above and beyond to make sure our family had a wonderful time and helped us enjoy NYC to the fullest. Highly recommend Hotel Belleclaire!

• Stayed April 2013
Guildford
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed for three nights on leisure trip with adult daughter. The hotel upgraded us to a family suite which was better for us (had originally booked a parlour suite with a sofabed ) but it did have the drawback of being on the first floor with scaffolding directly outside the windows. Otherwise the room was clean and comfortable and generally the hotel provides well for guests. No dining room means relying on the city for meals which is no hardship - try Big Nicks around the corner for a hearty breakfast at modest cost and anywhere on Amsterdam Ave for lunch or dinner ; some great restaurants there. Staff were very helpful and attentive at all times . The subway is also close at hand with the nearest station being just two minutes walk - this makes getting around the city easy.

Room Tip: For now best to go for one above the first floor .
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ana N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear GuildfordTravelBug59,

Thank you for sharing the positive review! As you kindly mentioned, the exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. I’m pleased to read your appraisal of our team, the value, services, and the very kind remarks and recognition of our staff’s efforts. It’s great to hear you took advantage of the prime location in the heart of the Upper West Side and enjoyed some great dining where there is a vast selection of top-rated restaurants and gourmet bakeries within walking distance of the Hotel Belleclaire.

We were delighted to accommodate your reservation needs, and look forward to your return. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Belleclaire, GuildfordTravelBug59!

Best Regards,

Brighton
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a lovely 5 night stay very recently at the Belleclaire. It's a beautiful historic building designed by Emery Roth who also designed the famous St Remo, Eldorado and Beresford apartment blocks along Central Park West. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Our room had a bit of a draft from one of the windows where there was an air conditioner fitted, but it was not a big problem and we just used some of the cushions to stop the draft. We had access to their media room (which was very useful for printing boarding passes for our return flight) and the gym because of our longer stay. It was a perfect place to stay for our holiday in NYC. The 72nd and 79th Street subway stations were very close and easy to walk to, Central Park is a 10 minute walk away, the famous Zabar's cafe and foodstore and a great Barnes & Noble bookstore are all nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Intrepid_brighton,

Very nice! Thank you so much for your great review! We love hearing that you were able to take advantage of our prime location, the value and all amenities that Belleclaire has to offer.

As you kindly mentioned, we are situated in the heart of the Upper West Side; a magnificent, cultural and residential neighborhood that is located steps away from the subway station. Our location offers easy access to various main attractions and locations throughout NYC and steps to some of the best small restaurants and coffee shops in the area.

Again, we truly appreciate the positive review! We hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel around Xmas Fall 2012. The lobby bar was still being worked on but everything including the Christmas Tree looked great. The room was small & clean but is what I expected according to all the information I have read about NYC Hotels. The bathroom was tiny but clean.The Location was amazing with a market right around the corner. We walked to Times Square the first day. Also nearby were shopping and food. We were also able to walk to Central Park.
The staff was amazing we had so many questions about the subway and they were more than happy to answer all of our questions each day as we headed out to explore. Hotel was about a block from the Subway station. I did have a Wifi issue with my ipad but I called the support number and they fixed it in an hour. I was able to use the computers (giant new Mac's) in the small lab. I must also say that the charging station in the room was great as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Valley Village, CA
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My daughter is graduating from Teacher's College at Columbia University in May. Finding a hotel room at this late date had been almost impossible until I found the web site for the Hotel Belleclaire. My daughter told me this is a great hotel in a great location. I booked the room on line, but was not able to get a "Columbia Rate". Although my 3 day stay was going to be very costly, it was the best option near the University that I could get. I was willing to splurge since it was such a momentous occasion.

A day later I called the Hotel to ask a question and asked the reservation person if there any rooms available for the Columbia Rate. She asked me to hold while she checked. We were disconnected, but amazingly Brittany (who works at the front desk) called me back. She found a room at the Columbia Rate which was half of what I intended to pay.

The reason for this review is because I am so grateful to Brittany at the Hotel Belleclaire for her willingness to help me in this way. Being able to get this rate with Brittany's help, at this renowned hotel will really enable me to more fully enjoy my stay in NYC with my daughter on this special occasion.

She also connected me to the concierge with my other questions. Wayne, the concierge was also pleasant, informative and helpful. He is going to email me the information I need.

Although I have not even stayed at the Hotel Belleclaire, the first impression that they gave is so welcoming that I cannot wait to be their guest.

I am so appreciative of this first welcoming impression that I wanted everyone who considers Hotel Belleclaire to know about this outstanding guest service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family