I stayed at the Belleclaire for four nights last week. Large bright lobby, comfortable to sit in while waiting for friends. I arrived at 1.30pm and was able to check in immediately which was great. First room I was given was a little dull so asked to be moved. This was dealt with very well and I was moved to a lovely room on the 8th floor with a fabulous view of the Hudson. Room was very comfortable, extremely clean, lovely linen, hardwood floor and super modern bathroom with enormous shower, lots of hot water at all times and great toiletries. Room had a good sized wardrobe, safe, fridge, proper hair dryer (not one of the usual powerless ones stuck to the wall). Room was also a good size (we had booked a deluxe Queen Room). Room was also quiet and so comfortable.
Housekeeping was great, room cleaned to great standard each day. Towels replenished if required.
A lot of people are complaining about the heating...we had no difficulty with this. On the first night we left the heat on and woke up to extremely hot room...but we just turned off the heat and room was perfect a few minutes later. Other nights we turned off heat before going to bed and were always warm enough. We didn't find this to be a problem at all.
There was tea, coffee and hot chocolate available in the lobby most of the time. Was lovely to grab a hot chocolate on the way to our room when we returned from a cold night out or to take a coffee in the morning whilst heading out to explore.
The location is simply perfect, the hotel is on the Upper West Side and is very near the subway (79th and Broadway) and only a short trip to Times Square. Easy access to anywhere. Also stop at 72nd and Broadway is very near and it's a lovely walk up Broadway to the hotel from this stop, we used this more as we passed such nice markets and stores on this route. There are many wonderful places nearby like gourmet food staples Zabars, Fairway, Citarella and plenty of large stores such as Sephora, Victorias Secret, Duane Reed, Zara, North Face, Urban Outfitters, a discount designer shoe outlet etc etc, plenty of restaurants, cafes etc. It's also only three blocks from Central Park and the Amerian Museum of Natural History. Lovely area to walk around, wouldn't stay anywhere else again!
Overall, we had an excellent stay and I will definitely stay again and would highly recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York